ADVERTISEMENT

could naming BF OC bring them down

I would say the defense did enough for Iowa to have a chance at beating the #4 ranked team. If the offense could sustain a few drives the defensive game changes as well. Even Alabama and Georgia give up points against other elite teams. Iowa is last in offense in the country. They have no where else to go but up….
I talked to a few Michigan fans that were shitting their pants when we were driving to close to within one score. Then we failed to convert 4th and 2. We made Michigan fans sweat and somehow we still had a chance at the end.

It’s Kirks offensive scheme Brian is just posing inside it. Also our guys just aren’t that great on all parts of the offense so it’s not just Brian calling plays it’s legitimately everything
KF's 1950s offensive philosophy + the worst OC in college football + years of poor recruiting/development/player evaluations (with SP being Exhibit A) = The disaster we see on the offensive side of the ball today.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
Wasn't there a point when JoPa fully let go of the offense and Pedo St kind of rose from the dead offensively. I hope KF goes that route.

If Brian is being handcuffed by Kirk's wishes and cares about how he looks for the future he will go somewhere else where he can operate freely. If he stays it's because a fat paycheck is more important than the stigma of being tied to the worst offense in football or he sucks too and knows this is as good as it gets.
Sooo... Brian has not yet held a position that didn't originate from Kirk or Belichick which is pretty much the same thing. This is the family business and Brian's history at Iowa doesn't exactly scream opportunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: pondscum
KF's 1950s offensive philosophy + the worst OC in college football + years of poor recruiting/development/player evaluations (with SP being Exhibit A) = The disaster we see on the offensive side of the ball today.
you forgot a gutless ad who made ferentz unfireable and gave him free reign to ruin iowa football

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Did someone named Ferentz steal your girlfriend or something?

I’m not motivated enough to do the research to support my argument but Iowa has usually hovered in the top 10ish of schools that put players in the NFL during much of Kirk’s tenure…….. so I have to disagree with you on player development and evaluation….. especially since many of those NFL players weren’t highly rated recruits

Did someone named Ferentz steal your girlfriend or something?

I’m not motivated enough to do the research to support my argument but Iowa has usually hovered in the top 10ish of schools that put players in the NFL during much of Kirk’s tenure…….. so I have to disagree with you on player development and evaluation….. especially since many of those NFL players weren’t highly rated recruits
Get back to me when ANY of the current players on this offense sniff the NFL, except maybe the TE's.

Reactions: natchrlman
I don't believe Brian would have exactly this offense if given completely free reign. He certainly does not choose the starting QB. I am sure he has input, but he isn't making the final call.
If I am youngish offensive coordinator and have hopes of future employment opportunities, I sure wouldn’t listen to a boss (even Daddy) who makes me run the second worst offensive in the country. I would have jumped last year to where I could be successful on my own or I would at least be innovative enough to be successful within the limits of what the boss wants - ensure a running game that can at least pick up 2 to 3 first downs most drives. Either Brian has no desire to coach where his employment is based on competence, or he can’t get a comparable paying job based on competitive employment principles. I am so tired of loving our defense and getting sick to my stomach worrying about how the offense only won’t score, but will likely put the defense in a horrible position.

If I am youngish offensive coordinator and have hopes of future employment opportunities, I sure wouldn’t listen to a boss (even Daddy) who makes me run the second worst offensive in the country. I would have jumped last year to where I could be successful on my own or I would at least be innovative enough to be successful within the limits of what the boss wants - ensure a running game that can at least pick up 2 to 3 first downs most drives. Either Brian has no desire to coach where his employment is based on competence, or he can’t get a comparable paying job based on competitive employment principles. I am so tired of loving our defense and getting sick to my stomach worrying about how the offense only won’t score, but will likely put the defense in a horrible position.
*back to worst offense after last night.

Reactions: SVRHawkeye
Lol, people are funny. Not ha ha funny but stupid funny.
" acceptable ", "we won't stand for", what a joke. Be honest with yourselves, it has almost nothing to do with you or what you think

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT