ADVERTISEMENT

Covid and Flu Shots linked to strokes

KFsdisciple

HR Legend
Jul 3, 2003
sign me up!

• A study backed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has detected a slightly increased risk of stroke in older adults who received COVID-19 bivalent vaccines and influenza vaccines together.
  • The analysis was based on administrative files of more than 5.3M Medicare beneficiaries aged 65 years and older who received influenza vaccines and COVID-19 bivalent shots developed by Pfizer (NYSE:PFE)/ BioNTech (NASDAQ:BNTX), and Moderna (NASDAQ:MRNA) from August 31 to November 6, 2022.
  • The investigators found no elevated stroke risk in the study group after they received only bivalent COVID shots.
  • However, the concomitant use of bivalent shots and high-dose/adjuvanted flu shots led to an increased risk of non-hemorrhagic stroke (NHS) and transient ischemic attack (TIA), the researchers wrote in their study findings ahead of peer review.
  • FDA authorized flu vaccine makers include: CSL Limited (OTCQX:CSLLY) (OTCQX:CMXHF), GSK (NYSE:GSK), Sanofi (SNY) (OTCPK:SNYNF) (GCVRZ), and AstraZeneca (AZN) (OTCPK:AZNCF)

sign me up!

• A study backed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has detected a slightly increased risk of stroke in older adults who received COVID-19 bivalent vaccines and influenza vaccines together.
  • The analysis was based on administrative files of more than 5.3M Medicare beneficiaries aged 65 years and older who received influenza vaccines and COVID-19 bivalent shots developed by Pfizer (NYSE:PFE)/ BioNTech (NASDAQ:BNTX), and Moderna (NASDAQ:MRNA) from August 31 to November 6, 2022.
  • The investigators found no elevated stroke risk in the study group after they received only bivalent COVID shots.
  • However, the concomitant use of bivalent shots and high-dose/adjuvanted flu shots led to an increased risk of non-hemorrhagic stroke (NHS) and transient ischemic attack (TIA), the researchers wrote in their study findings ahead of peer review.
  • FDA authorized flu vaccine makers include: CSL Limited (OTCQX:CSLLY) (OTCQX:CMXHF), GSK (NYSE:GSK), Sanofi (SNY) (OTCPK:SNYNF) (GCVRZ), and AstraZeneca (AZN) (OTCPK:AZNCF)
Now do covid itself and flu itself.....

CDC and FDA Identify Preliminary COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Signal for Persons Aged 65 Years and Older​

Although the totality of the data currently suggests that it is very unlikely that the signal in VSD represents a true clinical risk, we believe it is important to share this information with the public, as we have in the past, when one of our safety monitoring systems detects a signal. CDC and FDA will continue to evaluate additional data from these and other vaccine safety systems.

“The absolute risk is miniscule,” said Dr. Steve Nissen, a cardiologist and researcher at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. “I mean it is trivial in comparison to the risk for people over 85 of dying from COVID.”

At least five other recent studies — many launched to try to tease out this link, have not found any additional risk of stroke after vaccination for COVID-19, influenza or both.

“Available data do not provide clear and consistent evidence of a safety problem for ischemic stroke with bivalent mRNA COVID-19 vaccines when given alone or given simultaneously with influenza vaccines,” said Dr. Tom Shimabukuro, director of the Immunization Safety Office at the CDC in a public presentation of the data on Wednesday to the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.

For those wondering why the vaccine makers drug stock are mentioned at the end:

“Seeking Alpha has been alleged to be a platform for market manipulators by giving some investors the ability to post highly negative news or analysis about a company causing a rapid decline in the stock price when their followers rushing to sell. One study that tracked the publication of negative Seeking Alpha articles by a group of writers resulted in over $20 billion in misplacing and attributed this to manipulation.[7] Another study showed that short sellers blog negatively about a stock and then close out their short positions and buy "aggressively" when the price subsequently declines.[8]Despite facing allegations, Seeking Alpha has not been held legally liable by either a court or the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and no definitive verdict has been reached in this matter.”

Reactions: Moral
Literally the only sentence in this entire asinine discussion that matters:

“The absolute risk is miniscule,” said Dr. Steve Nissen, a cardiologist and researcher at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. “I mean it is trivial in comparison to the risk for people over 85 of dying from COVID.”

I got my covid shots.
Last summer when I tested positive for covid, I missed one day of work.
My brother in law didn't get any covid shots.
When he got covid, he died.
That dude is a bummer, man.

But seriously that sucks. I hope everybody takes a real look at things does the right thing for their health and for their loved ones.

I got my covid shots.
Last summer when I tested positive for covid, I missed one day of work.
My brother in law didn't get any covid shots.
When he got covid, he died.
I’m sincerely very very sorry to hear that. It was such a random thing - people you thought were/looked healthy would get it and have a sniffle and the next person would die.
I hope we don’t see a bounceback.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
Literally the only sentence in this entire asinine discussion that matters:

This is the usual case for these fear inducing risk headlines. When presented as a percentage increase it seems far worse than comparing absolute risk differences. Worse the variability of the estimates is often overlooked in reporting.

Reactions: torbee
This is the usual case for these fear inducing risk headlines. When presented as a percentage increase it seems far worse than comparing absolute risk differences. Worse the variability of the estimates is often overlooked in reporting.
It's like refusing to cross a busy street to get away from a bear about to attack you because you might get hit by a car.

Sure, that could happen. But the bear is a clear and present danger.

Yeah okay.
I’m taking the bear in this one.
Me too!

220px-DCBearFix.jpg

Reactions: goldmom
My doctor told me to get a Covid 19 vaccine.

So I did.

And when I got Covid I was better within 3 days. Pleased I listened to my doc.
I didn't take the poison, also got covid and was fine in about 3 days... what's your point?

sign me up!

Lol man you're terrified of a little needle and constantly remind us.

I’m sincerely very very sorry to hear that. It was such a random thing - people you thought were/looked healthy would get it and have a sniffle and the next person would die.
I hope we don’t see a bounceback.
Genetics have by all accounts played a massive role in the progression of infections.

Lol man you're terrified of a little needle and constantly remind us.
Hey now I got the shot and I’ve got the white coat syndrome. They were cutting on my foot one day and the next thing I know there’s 5 people in the room putting an ice bag on my neck, checking my blood pressure and trying to get me to talk, guess I went out like a light. So I don’t watch when the scalpel comes out anymore.

Hey now I got the shot and I’ve got the white coat syndrome. They were cutting on my foot one day and the next thing I know there’s 5 people in the room putting an ice bag on my neck, checking my blood pressure and trying to get me to talk, guess I went out like a light. So I don’t watch when the scalpel comes out anymore.
I thought white coat syndrome is when your BP is elevated in the Dr office.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT