ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboys player injury

For the next collective bargaining agreement, the players (esp the non QBs) need to make some demands:

* They need guaranteed contracts

* There should be a percent of the salary cap max for all position groups. QBs, for example, make way too much money and eat up too much of the cap. A star QB gets $28M and the rest of the 53 man roster gets what's left.. Look at all the QBs who make over $27 million a year who did not make the playoffs.

* A couple years ago the Vikings had offensive linemen dropping like flies. They did not have enough room under the salary cap to sign any decent O linemen so they signed a guy who had retired. Well, he lasted a couple games before he had a season ending leg injury.

* They call the NFL "Not For Long" for a reason. Not many players last in the league for long; to the owners, they are disposable.
First off agree with most of this. Imo the salary cap is way too low. These owners are making stupid money and a good an is vastly underpaid relative to importance versus other sports. Baseball being a big one. Jmo.

First off agree with most of this. Imo the salary cap is way too low. These owners are making stupid money and a good an is vastly underpaid relative to importance versus other sports. Baseball being a big one. Jmo.
I have a friend whose brother paid $600 for 2 upper level tickets to last Sunday's Bears at Vikings game. When he told me, I simply replied, "SIX HUNDRED???" He couldn't believe it either. Granted, US Bank Stadium is pretty awesome, but not that awesome.

And get this: The Wilf family paid $600 million for the Vikings in 2005.

In Sep 2018, Forbes said the Vikings are the 19th most valuable NFL franchise. The Minnesota Vikings are currently worth $2.4 billion.

Nothing like a $1.8 Billion return on your 13 year investment, huh?

NFL is pretty cut-throat. Hurns will get cut this off-season. Cap savings of $3.2 million iirc. Boys have big contract decisions with Prescott, Elliot, Cooper, Lawrence, and Jones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT