ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl in Spanish

Old_wrestling_fan

HR Legend
Mar 2, 2009
Iowa City
I don't watch the NFL all that often, but I was intending to watch the Super Bowl today when the broadcast switched to Spanish language right at the start of the game. WTH? I found it also being broadcast on Nickelodeon, but it seems as though that broadcast is sometimes in cartoon voice. WTH x 2?

The TV is set to "English" as the default language, and all the pregame was in English, but switched to Spanish all on its' own. The commercials are in English FWIW. Is there a way to switch this back? This is Mediacom BTW/

• Wow
Reactions: EasyHawk
Spanish GIF by Mouse

I don't watch the NFL all that often, but I was intending to watch the Super Bowl today when the broadcast switched to Spanish language right at the start of the game. WTH? I found it also being broadcast on Nickelodeon, but it seems as though that broadcast is sometimes in cartoon voice. WTH x 2?

The TV is set to "English" as the default language, and all the pregame was in English, but switched to Spanish all on its' own. The commercials are in English FWIW. Is there a way to switch this back? This is Mediacom BTW/
Any chance you have a Samsung TV?

The migrant caravan came in and changed your tv settings while you were down for an afternoon nap
Well...everything was in English during pregame, Reba's musical number, all commentary, etc. Then it went queso on me right when the game started. No caravan, no nap, no migrants, unless the Spanish speaking announcers were I suppose.

As a matter of fact, yes, it is a Samsung. I am curious, is this something that Samsung's do?
My uncle has a Samsung and had a similar issue. It's been a few years so I don't remember the details, but I remember it seemed to be a specific issue with Samsung or maybe just his model. He has a Samsung UN65JU7500 Curved 65-Inch.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Well...everything was in English during pregame, Reba's musical number, all commentary, etc. Then it went queso on me right when the game started. No caravan, no nap, no migrants, unless the Spanish speaking announcers were I suppose.

I know you posted this two years ago but I went on line to find out how to change the few channels that were playing in Spanish just on my one TV. No one could help (not even SamSung) and I just finally figured it out. In case you still don’t know go on the channel that is playing in Spanish and press the ok button (or whatever button that takes you to the page that shows you the fast backwards…pause….fast forward on the bottom of screen) and in the bottom left hand corner there are three icons. Go to the SAP icon and press on that icon and it will show, in the top left corner, the words English or Spanish and jut press English and WOW it’s done.

Several years ago we watched in Puerto Vallarta and they overlaid the commercials with local ones in spanish... pissed.

I know you posted this two years ago but I went on line to find out how to change the few channels that were playing in Spanish just on my one TV. No one could help (not even SamSung) and I just finally figured it out. In case you still don’t know go on the channel that is playing in Spanish and press the ok button (or whatever button that takes you to the page that shows you the fast backwards…pause….fast forward on the bottom of screen) and in the bottom left hand corner there are three icons. Go to the SAP icon and press on that icon and it will show, in the top left corner, the words English or Spanish and jut press English and WOW it’s done.
?? I just posted this last night, not 2 years ago. (Unless I also encountered the same problem 2 years ago and have forgotten.)

If i understand your directions...we did search out the source language and it was set to English...while the announcers were speaking Spanish, FWIW. Switching it to Spanish and then back to English did nothing.

BTW...I just mentioned to my wife that I am getting some feedback on HORT about this and she mentioned that the TV in the kitchen, apparently an Insignia brand, as that is on the front of it, did the same thing.

So this seems like a Mediacom thing to me, probably not a brand specific issue. Who knows.

?? I just posted this last night, not 2 years ago. (Unless I also encountered the same problem 2 years ago and have forgotten.)

If i understand your directions...we did search out the source language and it was set to English...while the announcers were speaking Spanish, FWIW. Switching it to Spanish and then back to English did nothing.

BTW...I just mentioned to my wife that I am getting some feedback on HORT about this and she mentioned that the TV in the kitchen, apparently an Insignia brand, as that is on the front of it, did the same thing.

So this seems like a Mediacom thing to me, probably not a brand specific issue. Who knows.

poltergeist-movie.jpg

Also the two years comment was a copy and paste from a Samsung message board. Thought it was worth a shot 🤷.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT