ADVERTISEMENT

cowboys vs rams

I was mentored in coaching by his (now retired) soccer coach, who coached him when he was 12 and 13 in Cedar Rapids. I just missed coaching him as an assistant by one year. Apparently he wasn’t a discipline issue then, surprisingly. Had a very involved mom. /CSB
Aldon Smith did soccer in Cedar Rapids?

I didn't have a huge problem with the PI call. Yeah, Ramsey really sold something that wasn't that bad, but Gallup did push off - without it, I don't think he gets separation to make the catch.
In real time it looked like a push off to me, but you could tell from the different angles that Ramsey may have sold it a little bit as Gallup fully extends his arm.

Why do the Rams continue to feel the need to mess with their uniforms?
As a Rams fan, I 100% agree. Not a fan of the re-design at all. Logo or uniforms.

That being said, they looked good last night. Running game was way better than I expected. Goff made a couple bad throws but overall played well. Woods is a stud and the D played well.

In real time it looked like a push off to me, but you could tell from the different angles that Ramsey may have sold it a little bit as Gallup fully extends his arm.
It's probably just a different in experience level. Ramsey was better at selling it than Gallup was at getting away with it. If it's another CB, maybe it doesn't get sold/called the same. I mean, Michael Irvin is a HOF receiver partly because of his ability to get away with pushing off throughout his career. I like Gallup though - he seems to have a lot of "want to" in him, if that makes sense.

Also, I thought CeeDee Lamb looked really good last night! If the Cowboys keep their three WRs healthy all year, I think they'll be in decent shape to at least outscore a lot of opponents - which they'll apparently need to do, since their defense didn't look very good.

Oh, and Leighton Venderesch (sp?) is quickly following into the Sean Lee mold of being a really talented player who can't stay on the field. How valuable is a player who's only good for maybe 10 games per season?

How valuable is a player who's only good for maybe 10 games per season?
Ask Dalvin Cook......

As for the Cowboys, yeah I was "underwhelmed" once again, given the annual hype train, but I do think they're a playoff team.

The defense made adjustments after getting eaten up early, and did a good job to hold LA to field goals to give Dallas' offense a chance.

I thought that the way Dallas moved the ball that at any given moment they were just gonna cut loose for explosive plays and scores, but for various reasons, it just never happened. It felt to me like Dallas kept playing like "well we'll try this and if it doesn't work, we can always get it back later". That was definitely the mentality I got from them on the 4th down call to go for it instead of kicking the FG. Hubris did them in. Hubris and a simple lack of executing when execution is an absolute must.

A great example would be Iowa most years. They'll get the ball on their 15 or 20 or even start pinned back inside their own 5, and proceed to march methodically down the field, coming up with key play and key conversions. But then, they get around the 25-30 yard line and all of the sudden, the OL doesn't win their blocks on a play or a WR drops a pass and it's 3rd and 10 and Iowa absolutely MUST execute to convert...................and it ends up being a harmless anti-climactic incomplete pass to kill promising drive after promising drive either resulting in a field goal or a short punt.

That....is Iowa football most years. And that's what I saw from Dallas last night.

Sounds like fun, huh! :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT