ADVERTISEMENT

Cripes- there is something really wrong

FG86 you don't like the players they got of FLA this year, me I will take every top 100 instate player in TX and FLA every year over a 250 or below player even if its only 1 or 2 every year. IA has players from multiple states for example 4* James Daniels the 4th best center in the nation out of Ohio that both O$U and Alabama wanted,

was IA to simply ignore him because he wasn't from FLA or TX.

and some of you two faced poster bellyache about some 2* DT that stuck with his original commitment knowing full well you would ripped KF for stealing him from a Conference USA team,

what a bunch of hypocrites

even now you try to ignore the FACT that IA has "5" 4* recruits in this years class, you can't just cherry pick 1 site to talk about IA's recruiting this year, 2 of those site are Hawkeye related sites and have their own Hawk fans on them with their own msg boards, the only non Hawk related site is ESPN and they send scouts out to every major and NIKE camp to evaluate talent across the country. just like the other Hawk related sites do.

Rivals does NOT have the market on evaluating talent in its back pocket nor are they the only ones that evaluate talent like so many of you like to think they do. or want to believe especially when it shows the lowest rankings for recruits to justify your rants vs KF.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

FG86 you don't like the players they got of FLA this year, me I will take every top 100 instate player in TX and FLA every year over a 250 or below player even if its only 1 or 2 every year. IA has players from multiple states for example 4* James Daniels the 4th best center in the nation out of Ohio that both O$U and Alabama wanted,

and some of you two faced poster bellyache about some 2* DT that stuck with his original commitment knowing full well you would ripped KF for stealing him from a Conference USA team,

even now you try to ignore the FACT that IA has "5" 4* recruits in this years class, you can't just cherry pick 1 site to talk about IA's recruiting this year, 2 of those site are Hawkeye related sites and have their own Hawk fans on them with their own msg boards, the only non Hawk related site is ESPN and they send scouts out to every major and NIKE camp to evaluate talent across the country. just like the other Hawk related sites do.

Rivals does NOT have the market on evaluating talent in its back pocket nor are they the only ones that evaluate talent like so many of you like to think they do. or want to believe especially when it shows the lowest rankings for recruits to justify your rants vs KF.
Here you go I will help you again with your cherry picking data showing Iowa with 5 4 star recruits. I also looked at the other BIG teams that we are falling behind here is all their 4 star recruits based on 4 sites.

Ohio St has 21 four star recruits
Penn St has 18 four star recruits
Michigan St has 11 four star recruits
Wisconsin has 8 four star recruits
Nebraska has 8 four star recruits
Michigan has 5 four star recruits

The sad thing to add too is that the majority of the 4 star recruits listed above are rated 4 star by more then one site. Iowa only has one guy rated 4 stars by more then one site.

augie boy you use teams that have traditionally recruited IA over the years, I posted the recruiting of the teams I feel IA should out recruit over the years, now you are saying that IA should out recruit every team in the BT?

augie boy you use teams that have traditionally recruited IA over the years, I posted the recruiting of the teams I feel IA should out recruit over the years, now you are saying that IA should out recruit every team in the BT?
Ahhh I think we are getting somewhere with you. You don't expect Iowa to compete with Ohio St, Penn St, Michigan St, Wisconsin and Nebraska. You expect Iowa to compete with Minnesota, Maryland, Northwestern, Illinois, Indiana, Rutgers and Purdue. Makes sense coming from a guy with low goals and someone who undervalues Iowa football. There was a time Iowa was similar in recruiting with Wisconsin and MSU but we have fallen back while they have pushed higher.

Never said we have to out recruit these teams thats just you showing off your poor reading skills again. I just am showing that even when you cherry pick and tout Iowa as having 5 four star recruits there is a good distance between us and the top half of the BIG. A distance that has been growing over the past few seasons.

Iowa football has fallen off since the days of Fry. I do not like where Ferentz is taking Iowa football during a time other programs in the BIG are on the rise.

augie boy with you its BT Chamionship and NT or KF is a failure, in 2013 IA finished 2nd to BT champion MSU in the Legends Division, that a failed season?

to join those team you posted, IA has to recruit better than the teams I listed,

augie boy with you its BT Chamionship and NT or KF is a failure, in 2013 IA finished 2nd to BT champion MSU in the Legends Division, that a failed season?

to join those team you posted, IA has to recruit better than the teams I listed,
When did I ever say it is BT championship and NT or bust? Why do you make things up to accuse people of? This just shows how weak your argument is.

No to join the teams I listed you need to recruit better then what Iowa has been. They need to recruit on a similar level as Wisconsin.

Originally posted by Suterman:
Guys....Kirk Ferentz is anything but boring. He is very fiery and passionate and very persuasive. He is able to put people at ease and they trust him. I have talked to him a half dozen times over the years and he ALWAYS remembers my name. He is a great coach and teacher and there are tons of kids that would love to play for him. His press conference affect is nothing like the real guy.
Hey don't go injecting stories about who he really is and what he is like. We're projecting here.

KF is a good person and I'm sure he does have passion and fire while coaching.

That said, the recruiting isn't very good. I'm not happy with it, but seems some of you are.

peperman I just posted how close this class is to be in the 35-39 range and where that puts them in relationship to the other BT team, this class has already passed last years recruiting results and the 2014 class had 20 commits, the 2015 class only has 18 commits, and that is just usinf Rivals class and star ratings,

this class has a real good chance of finishing right behind Nebraska in the BT standings and will be in front of these
Minnesota
NW
Rutgers
Indiana
Illinois
MD
Purdue
and Michigan and we will have to see how they finish this class. that will leave IA in 6th in the BT. that is quite the improvement in 1 year in recruiting.

So right now scout has us 10th, 247 11th and rivals 12th. Espn no rank till after unless in top 40 which we aren't. And you expect iowa to be 6th or 7th?

Michigan is one team behind iowa in all of those plus besides Daniels(who hopefully iowa gets) no other big name iowa going after. If they don't get him I wouldn't expect a big jump if much at all. Iowa only projected to add a few more. On top of that teams in front of us are and still adding players to. So for iowa to jump 4, 5 or 6 spots on 3 do your 4 sites doesn't seem realistic.

I don't expect Iowa to be top 10 nationally or 3-4 in conf but no reason iowa can't be top 25-30 nationally and top half of conf but let's be honest it isn't looking like it for this year.

Your post has nothing to do with what I posted.

Omaha World Hearld Sam McKewon
Has recruiting story about the Corn in today's paper. They just landed a Lb' from GA. And are after Hall today.

Go to the OWH website.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I would bet that every single FBS recruit has a very short list of where they would want to go if it was their choice, and everywhere they would "settle for" if they weren't being recruited by those schools.

If I'm a recruit, I'd most likely want to play at the school I rooted for my entire life, and maybe 3-4 others that would work otherwise. "Gee, if I had the choice I'd want to go to Alabama, but since Cincinnati, Rutgers, Kansas, Iowa State and Memphis are the best schools recruiting me..." - then they make their pick based on any number of things. Coach, style of play, climate, proximity to home/family, major etc.

I'm betting that in an average 20 person class across the 120+ schools...maybe 15-20% tops sign with the school that is #1 on their "lifelong wish list". And in reference to Iowa, I'd be willing to bet those that would automatically have Iowa the top choice on the wish list, almost every one of them is either an Iowa native or a child of a former Iowa player. Not many Florida/Texas/California/Ohio etc kids dream of coming to play for Iowa. And of those that do, the % of them being the 3-5 star variety slims that list down to a handful at the very most.

2222 iowa doesn't land Daniels do you still feel as you posted the other day that iowa will finish with 6th or 7th best class now on any of the many sites you use?

Originally posted by bagdropper:

I would bet that every single FBS recruit has a very short list of where they would want to go if it was their choice, and everywhere they would "settle for" if they weren't being recruited by those schools.

If I'm a recruit, I'd most likely want to play at the school I rooted for my entire life, and maybe 3-4 others that would work otherwise. "Gee, if I had the choice I'd want to go to Alabama, but since Cincinnati, Rutgers, Kansas, Iowa State and Memphis are the best schools recruiting me..." - then they make their pick based on any number of things. Coach, style of play, climate, proximity to home/family, major etc.

I'm betting that in an average 20 person class across the 120+ schools...maybe 15-20% tops sign with the school that is #1 on their "lifelong wish list". And in reference to Iowa, I'd be willing to bet those that would automatically have Iowa the top choice on the wish list, almost every one of them is either an Iowa native or a child of a former Iowa player. Not many Florida/Texas/California/Ohio etc kids dream of coming to play for Iowa. And of those that do, the % of them being the 3-5 star variety slims that list down to a handful at the very most.
Great points.
Given that Iowa rarely produces 5* recruits from our high school ranks, especially skill positions, Hawks obviously need out of state players to consider Iowa to be a worthwhile destination.
Problem right now seems to be not that they're missing out on the cream of the crop.
But, that they're not getting much interest from the second tier. I'm talking about the receivers, backs, linebackers that are just not quite up to bama, orgeon, tosu level.
Outside of Tim Dwight and Tavian Banks, the great skill players of the Hayden era were mostly Texans or East coast guys.
For Ferentz to get Iowa to be relevant again he needs out of state skill players that were at least being considered by the top teams.
Continuing to battle with western michigan, akron, or memphis for recruits is unlikely to get Iowa back into the upper tier of the B1G.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT