ADVERTISEMENT

Crowd not impressing me...

image.png

Yep. Clearly the cheerleaders and the band need to pick it up as well. Very so-so effort. :rolleyes:

Very quite crowd on TV. Like we expected to win.

that is all.
For whatever reason, on sunny days football crowds do not make a lot of noise. Another reason, is that Iowa had a lot at stake in this game and the crowd was nervous because Illinois is a good football team in which Iowa does not match up as well as we do some other teams.

Reactions: And1Hawk
For whatever reason, on sunny days football crowds do not make a lot of noise. Another reason, is that Iowa had a lot at stake in this game and the crowd was nervous because Illinois is a good football team in which Iowa does not match up as well as we do some other teams.
I think a lot of people are tired too. I just wanted the electricity to continue to show itself. It wasn't a horrible crowd, but I expected louder and rowdier. It's hard to not be tired though when the game starts so early. Most people have to wake up early to get there, eat, party, and whatever els

I think everyone shot all their endorphins last week. These nail biters take a toll. Lol

Well, not having 8 hours to drink before the game probably makes a bit of a difference with the crowd.

Very weak indeed. The crowd was loud when they needed to be. If you were at the game you would know that. Boys and girls we are 6 and 0 for only the 3rd time 30 years. It is also good to see the bug-eaters at 2 and 4 but you could also say that they are only 4 plays away from 6 and 0 themselves.

Reactions: ichawk24
Those quiet spells are intentional and easily explained.

Periodically, the supportive fans actually at Kinnick become silent so the football team we can listen to all the self proclaimed fans cheering from the message boards.

I'm not impressed by those on their couches complaining about those who actually went to the game.
This is similar to people who complain about election results and then admit they didn't even bother to vote.

This is similar to people who complain about election results and then admit they didn't even bother to vote.

To be fair, a 12 hour drive is really far. I think going to one this year is plenty and I'm allowed to whine from my couch.

To be fair, a 12 hour drive is really far. I think going to one this year is plenty and I'm allowed to whine from my couch.

To be fair those who were actually at the game are equally allowed to call douche on sofa surfers who don't feel like they heard enough out of the crowd, too.

Reactions: TankHawk
Comical. We are 6-0 and someone has to find SOMETHING to complain about so he targets the crowd to focus on. I am guessing you are one of those people in the office who are always bi+*ing about something.
You guess wrong, now go back to your mommy.

It was your typical 11 AM crowd. Was loud at times. At times not so much. Remember many on here were happy Wisky was a 11 start.

I thought the crowd was loud when it needed to be and pretty engaged. It was not a game where we could ever relax either. I never did see a crowd number but I would guess around 68,000.

I think there's just several people on here that are a little more chippy about things because we didn't dominate Illinois like they wanted, injuries are piling up, and they think Iowa's time as an unbeaten is running out and they can feel that mask covering their pessimistic faces is starting to become uncomfortable.

I look forward to seeing just how awesome some of the people who have posted in this thread, among several "certain others", will be after our first loss, should we lose a game this year (and wait for the poster to peak into the room and say "well it IS gonna happen" and then disappear). Fun stuff, really.

Now THAT is a true story, ANYCHawk......

It was your typical 11 AM crowd. Was loud at times. At times not so much. Remember many on here were happy Wisky was a 11 start.

This....I was there and agree. But it is the dreaded 11am. I like it on the road. Not so much at home.

11am crowds are always sub-par. If you went to Pitt game you would be singing a different tune about crowd noise

I think a lot of people are tired too. I just wanted the electricity to continue to show itself. It wasn't a horrible crowd, but I expected louder and rowdier. It's hard to not be tired though when the game starts so early. Most people have to wake up early to get there, eat, party, and whatever els
I thought the crowd was excellent. Ed Podolak commented after the game that it was a tremendous environment.

I drive 7 hours each way for the home games and have only missed Pitt because I drove 10 hours to a wedding. Crowd w's not as good as it was for the 2:30 game, but was loud when needed. I agree not enough yelling fluid and 7:00 AM tailgate starts don't help.

It wasn't the most exciting game, which is where most of the volume comes into play a large part of the time. Combine that with lengthy TV timeouts and it really lets the air out of people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT