ADVERTISEMENT

CrowdStrike crashing computers worldwide

KaH2qdv.jpeg

This is why I have our Autopatch updates staggered in Intune. Quality updates hit our IT department first prior to rolling out to the bulk of the organization, and then leadership is last (mostly because they whine like children if they are forced to reboot).

Unless there's a Zero Day exploit that needs to be patched. Then **** everyone's feelings, you're updating and rebooting.

Fortunately we aren't using any 3rd party auth services, so no Crowdstrike for us.

Central US Azure issues caused a couple minor issues for us, but all in all I had a chill Friday. I'm sure I won't be so lucky at some point but I'm going to enjoy this one.

This is an important point. It's not a great practice to set your mission critical systems to autoupdate en masse, especially for third party software that has drivers running in kernel space. Yes, it's CrowdStrike's fault, but you have to assume there will be occasional bugs and roll out updates cautiously.

Reactions: like-woahh
Took me over 20 minutes on the phone with IT this morning to sort this out before anybody else woke up so i could avoid overnighting my laptop across the country to the office. All so I could run a 1 line statement in the command prompt

Took me over 20 minutes on the phone with IT this morning to sort this out before anybody else woke up so i could avoid overnighting my laptop across the country to the office. All so I could run a 1 line statement in the command prompt

Took me 72 minutes with my IT. I have a 7 letter account ID needed to find my account. I must have read it to her 7 times (using NATO phonetics) that she screwed up 7 times. That was honestly the most difficult part.

DEI. smdh.

Kidding. Unless you think DEI also means offshoring IT support to Bangladesh/Mumbai/Manila

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT