ADVERTISEMENT

Cruz- Vets should sell cookies to get by.

I don't know that people are comparing it to whether or not Bush lied to get us into a war...they are just saying that Reid is a lying SOB with absolutely no sense of honor and shouldn't be taken seriously. The fact that he was the majority leader in the senate should be an embarrassment to all Americans. I don't think the comparison to Clinton is quite accurate. That was more like "We KNOW you did something (molested a subordinate in the oval office...by todays standards prevalent on most college campuses it would be considered sexual assault or rape), we KNOW you lied about it under oath, twenty years ago this would have destroyed a president, how on earth are you still in office?" There was no need to float an unsupported innuendo in that case...everybody knew what the deal was, but the economy was pretty good, so nobody much cared. Coming to terms with this was difficult for the republicans.
McConnell.

Sorry, nothing Reid could do would make him worse than McConnell. McConnell and Boehner and, yes, Obama are trying to ram TPP down our throats. Reid isn't. That's actually something important.

I don't know that people are comparing it to whether or not Bush lied to get us into a war...they are just saying that Reid is a lying SOB with absolutely no sense of honor and shouldn't be taken seriously. The fact that he was the majority leader in the senate should be an embarrassment to all Americans. I don't think the comparison to Clinton is quite accurate. That was more like "We KNOW you did something (molested a subordinate in the oval office...by todays standards prevalent on most college campuses it would be considered sexual assault or rape), we KNOW you lied about it under oath, twenty years ago this would have destroyed a president, how on earth are you still in office?" There was no need to float an unsupported innuendo in that case...everybody knew what the deal was, but the economy was pretty good, so nobody much cared. Coming to terms with this was difficult for the republicans.
Exactly spot on. Reid could have complained about the amount of taxes Romney was paying and made that the issue and accomplished the same thing but he decide a lie at the lowest level would have much more effect so he went there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT