ADVERTISEMENT

Cult Documentaries

tumorboy

HR Legend
Sep 24, 2002
Seems to be a new one every week on various streaming services. Have they become the Comic book films of documentary genre. It all feels like a giant rehash of the same plot.

Reactions: GOHOX69
No pic wife watches them all, which makes me watch them all. I've realized I'm too lazy to be in a cult. All of them also remind me of MAGA. Dumb desperate people controlled by morally corrupt sociopaths.
What did Creed say. I’ve been a follower and a leader in a cult. More fun to be the follower, but u make more money as the leader.
They’re all the same give us control of your life. In exchange for your time and money.

No pic wife watches them all, which makes me watch them all. I've realized I'm too lazy to be in a cult. All of them also remind me of MAGA. Dumb desperate people controlled by morally corrupt sociopaths.
Samesies with my no pic wife. The one recently with Mother God was the last we watched.

Or Antifa idiots.
john-hamm-sure.gif

Seems to be a new one every week on various streaming services. Have they become the Comic book films of documentary genre. It all feels like a giant rehash of the same plot.
I think the vice tv channel has an entire series on cults. Jim Jones is still the og.

It’s the next step in the true crime fad.

I watch them all, always have.

I definitely admit that they tend to all cover the same ground, and also, like true crime docs, the drive to turn them into multi-episode series results in a poorer product. Most of these should be around two hours in length. The NXIVM one was maybe an exception, there was a lot to unpack there.

I would also say that with the Twin Flames and Mother God documentaries, we've crossed the line into a territory where its hard to discern where the cult member ends and the influencer begins. Social media creates a perverse reward, where it's difficult to tell in earnest whether some of the members are truly "brainwashed" or whether they're crazy like a fox for the views and the fame. Those two are essentially reality shows. I am not at all convinced that the subjects believe what they say they do, any more than the participants on a reality show are expressing their true selves.

If you're interested, one of the best cult docs out there is The Source Family, it's a standalone documentary film, and its extremely good.

Last edited:
Reactions: McLovin32

Samesies with my no pic wife. The one recently with Mother God was the last we watched.

I just watched this cult of Mother God one on Max. Wild shit. They believed that Robin Williams’ spirit came to her and that his suicide was to send her a message that she was the Mother God and that she was going to take on the pain of the world, before ascending to heaven aboard a starcraft. They also believed dead celebrities like Whitney Houston, George Carlin, Elvis, etc. were all part of their cult to help Mother God elevate souls. Maybe goes without saying that they did a crap ton of drugs and alcohol. Weed, shrooms, meth. They sold all sorts of new age BS “cures” like crystals, special water, and colloidal silver. The latter of which the Mother God cult leader drank as a cure for everything. Drank it and got sicker and drank more to cure herself, until her entire body turned purple, then finally a silverish blue before she died and they kept her body, awaiting resurrection. I’LL GIVE YOU ONE GUESS WHICH PRESIDENT THEY THOUGHT WAS A SAVIOR FROM EVIL! Hint: Think nutjobs like @SIXERS24 , @Scruddy, @DropitlikeitsHawk, @Here_4_a_Day, @DewHawk, @ddeanHawk, @NorthernHawkeye . They even thought he’d be flying the starship to help her ascend. 😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂🤣. This is your brain as a mentally wiped MAGAt vessel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonerfarts
I just watched this cult of Mother God one on Max. Wild shit. They believed that Robin Williams’ spirit came to her and that his suicide was to send her a message that she was the Mother God and that she was going to take on the pain of the world, before ascending to heaven aboard a starcraft. They also believed dead celebrities like Whitney Houston, George Carlin, Elvis, etc. were all part of their cult to help Mother God elevate souls. Maybe goes without saying that they did a crap ton of drugs and alcohol. Weed, shrooms, meth. They sold all sorts of new age BS “cures” like crystals, special water, and colloidal silver. The latter of which the Mother God cult leader drank as a cure for everything. Drank it and got sicker and drank more to cure herself, until her entire body turned purple, then finally a silverish blue before she died and they kept her body, awaiting resurrection. I’LL GIVE YOU ONE GUESS WHICH PRESIDENT THEY THOUGHT WAS A SAVIOR FROM EVIL! Hint: Think nutjobs like @Scruddy, @DropitlikeitsHawk, @Here_4_a_Day, @DewHawk, @ddeanHawk, @NorthernHawkeye . They even thought he’d be flying the starship to help her ascend. 😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂🤣. This is your brain as a mentally wiped MAGAt vessel.
Rent free

Also tl;dr

You should watch the documentary. It would tell you a lot about your mental state, and the mental illness that affects of all MAGAts.
Ironic take given I've never donated a penny to or publicly endorsed a single maga candidate. You're projecting again.

I just watched this cult of Mother God one on Max. Wild shit. They believed that Robin Williams’ spirit came to her and that his suicide was to send her a message that she was the Mother God and that she was going to take on the pain of the world, before ascending to heaven aboard a starcraft. They also believed dead celebrities like Whitney Houston, George Carlin, Elvis, etc. were all part of their cult to help Mother God elevate souls. Maybe goes without saying that they did a crap ton of drugs and alcohol. Weed, shrooms, meth. They sold all sorts of new age BS “cures” like crystals, special water, and colloidal silver. The latter of which the Mother God cult leader drank as a cure for everything. Drank it and got sicker and drank more to cure herself, until her entire body turned purple, then finally a silverish blue before she died and they kept her body, awaiting resurrection. I’LL GIVE YOU ONE GUESS WHICH PRESIDENT THEY THOUGHT WAS A SAVIOR FROM EVIL! Hint: Think nutjobs like @Scruddy, @DropitlikeitsHawk, @Here_4_a_Day, @DewHawk, @ddeanHawk, @NorthernHawkeye . They even thought he’d be flying the starship to help her ascend. 😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂🤣. This is your brain as a mentally wiped MAGAt vessel.
Leftist idiots like nimrod above think that anyone that disagrees with them are MAGA. Showing their true stupidity.

How about you don’t ruin a good cult thread with politics?
Plenty of other threads for that.

Just watched this on Sunday. That shit was wild.
Wanted to best the crap out of the twig leader. If I pour my guts out to anyone and they then turn around and treat me like that. There is a price to pay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT