ADVERTISEMENT

Former teammate of transgender NCAA champion to speak at UI

disingenuous...she's been dealing with those questions since 2009

i'd argue that neither of us can define that simple word...i wasn't the one advocating for testosterone levels to supplant gender distinction in athletic competition - YOU WERE. i'm just pointing out that your own comments and desire to use testosterone levels instead of gender distinction shows that simply saying "use common sense" fails in application
Disingenuous is not taking the 2 seconds to see when it was she started having to deal with this and not acknowledging she has world championships to her name.

Don't worry though mate, I enjoy new people, I won't give you too much shit.

I'm quite capable of defining the word woman/women, thanks.

Again, we need to go to a repeatable test now that common sense cannot be used. You, the guy advocating foe common sense, can't even define what a woman is. A basic biological question.

Post the story. Pay wall.
Girl, 9, accused of being trans at Kelowna track meet

Two Kelowna moms are speaking out after their 9-year-old daughter was verbally assaulted at a track and field event on Thursday at Kelowna's Apple Bowl.
The mothers, who choose not to identify their daughter, say she was competing in a shot-put event when a grandfather of of one of the other participants started yelling at her. "She went to step up to compete for the grade four shot-put final, and right before she went to throw, a grandfather of a student said, 'Hey, this is supposed to be a girls' event, and why are you letting boys compete?' My daughter is cisgender, born female, uses she/her pronouns. She has a pixie haircut," said mom Heidi Starr.
Start says the man then carried on to demand certification to prove that her daughter was born female. "He stopped the entire event. He also pointed at another girl who also had short hair. He then piped in and said, 'Well, if she is not a boy, then she is obviously trans.'" Starr said the man's wife then started calling her "a genital mutilator, a groomer, and a pedophile."
Central Okanagan School Distric superintendent Kevin Kaardal confirmed that steps are being taken to ban the man from all school-related events.
Kari Starr, the girl's other mother, says Thursday's events have rocked their daughter's confidence. "This has destroyed our beautiful daughter's confidence, and she was inconsolably crying during this whole event and continued once it was over and we were leaving."

Girl, 9, accused of being trans at Kelowna track meet

Two Kelowna moms are speaking out after their 9-year-old daughter was verbally assaulted at a track and field event on Thursday at Kelowna's Apple Bowl.
The mothers, who choose not to identify their daughter, say she was competing in a shot-put event when a grandfather of of one of the other participants started yelling at her. "She went to step up to compete for the grade four shot-put final, and right before she went to throw, a grandfather of a student said, 'Hey, this is supposed to be a girls' event, and why are you letting boys compete?' My daughter is cisgender, born female, uses she/her pronouns. She has a pixie haircut," said mom Heidi Starr.
Start says the man then carried on to demand certification to prove that her daughter was born female. "He stopped the entire event. He also pointed at another girl who also had short hair. He then piped in and said, 'Well, if she is not a boy, then she is obviously trans.'" Starr said the man's wife then started calling her "a genital mutilator, a groomer, and a pedophile."
Central Okanagan School Distric superintendent Kevin Kaardal confirmed that steps are being taken to ban the man from all school-related events.
Kari Starr, the girl's other mother, says Thursday's events have rocked their daughter's confidence. "This has destroyed our beautiful daughter's confidence, and she was inconsolably crying during this whole event and continued once it was over and we were leaving."
Thank you.

There seems to be a little more to that story than your article leads on. Like that no one collaborates the story or that this is actually the second time in 2023 the daughter of Two lesbians experienced anti trans rhetoric..... in that maga loving canada.....

The Governor of Iowa is a woman and signed a bill addressing this issue.

I think a more pertinent question is, what is the tangible end goal for those that are on tour speaking on this issue? Federal legislation? International sporting orgs laying down rules? More awareness in a state that has already codified who can and cannot compete in certain leagues in athletics?

Because to me it seems like a wedge issue propagated for it's value in making people feel strong emotions rather than an effort to fulfill a measurable goal.
I guarantee you that a lot of the social media traffic targeting trans citizens originates in Russia, China, Iran, or North Korea. Oh, sure, there are politicians and scum bag grifters pushing it in the US because they are fine with marginalizing and dehumanizing trans citizens in order to access power, but a lot of it comes from overseas because it drives a wedge and creates anger. Cheaply.

To me, this transgender issue doesn't seem hard:
  • First and foremost, respect people. Treat others the way you, yourself want to be treated
  • No transition surgeries until you're an adult
  • No biological men in women's sports
  • Create environments for privacy for all. Young girls already struggle with their bodies, so privacy for biological and non-biological females seems like a win-win, e.g., separate shower stalls, toilets, etc. (Heck, even young lads often struggle. My son told me he's not showering at summer camp. It's uncomfortable.)
Aside from that, I'm not sure I care how a person identifies in day-to-day life. Seriously, do I care that a person born male, now identifying as female, drops off my Amazon package or is the CEO of my company? Nope. I care about competence. Do I understand it? Nope. But I don't understand the draw to the opera either. :cool:

This is not directed at you personally:

Vested Interest: a person or group having a personal stake or involvement.

Obsession: an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.

It's fine. Nothing I say will change anything on here, just like nothing that Biggrey, Scruddy, etc. posts will change the left's mind or vice versa. This place is firmly entrenched. It's just a cesspool of political obsession and the extreme sides trying to have their "gotcha" moments.

I have the choice to ignore and/or not click on the political threads. I will likely try a combo of the two.
I was thinking about this quote of yours in one of the Trump threads. Most people don't know a trans citizen, but the degree to which it's become acceptable to attack them, and to interfere in their lives shows how easy it is to activate the hang ups of people. How easy it is to use. misinformation about an individual who in no way impact the daily lives of Americans, to hyper agitate people. I'll politely say you aren't closed to an open discussion, at least. But, trans hatred is an obsession for a lot of people. It's financially and politically profitable, too. Bathroom discussions, or sports discussions are simply the doorway for what could be solved locally to transform into larger scale actions to discriminate. Where this all ends for some people is restrictions on health care for trans
citizens, dehumanization through denial of identity, and discrimination through denial of rights.

Most people don't know a trans citizen
This is a fact. And who knows how many I've encountered in my life and didn't even realize it.

I was thinking about this quote of yours in one of the Trump threads. Most people don't know a trans citizen, but the degree to which it's become acceptable to attack them, and to interfere in their lives shows how easy it is to activate the hang ups of people. How easy it is to use. misinformation about an individual who in no way impact the daily lives of Americans, to hyper agitate people. I'll politely say you aren't closed to an open discussion, at least. But, trans hatred is an obsession for a lot of people. It's financially and politically profitable, too. Bathroom discussions, or sports discussions are simply the doorway for what could be solved locally to transform into larger scale actions to discriminate. Where this all ends for some people is restrictions on health care for trans
citizens, dehumanization through denial of identity, and discrimination through denial of rights.
I will say this; the only place this topic even comes up in my life is this board. If I didn't participate in these discussions (and I don't always), "trans" would likely rarely leave my lips. As mentioned earlier, I asked both my daughters about this topic, and I shared their opinions. What I didn't share was my youngest one asking, "Dad, why are you even asking?" I told her it was for some message board discussion. She said, "Are you still on that darn Warchant thing!?" HROT was too much to explain so I just said, "Yup. You know me well."

I say all that to say this, this topic doesn't keep me up at night nor does it impact me in any way, so my input is purely from a discussion on a message board perspective. As stated above, in everyday life why would I care how someone identifies? I think mine and a few other's posts get more attention because most of the worked up trolls are on ignore. I 'unignore' every now and again to see if they're still around.

• First and foremost, respect people. Treat others the way you, yourself want to be treated
  • Create environments for privacy for all. Young girls already struggle with their bodies, so privacy for biological and non-biological females seems like a win-win, e.g., separate shower stalls, toilets, etc. (Heck, even young lads often struggle. My son told me he's not showering at summer camp. It's uncomfortable.)
Aside from that, I'm not sure I care how a person identifies in day-to-day life. Seriously, do I care that a person born male, now identifying as female, drops off my Amazon package or is the CEO of my company? Nope. I care about competence. Do I understand it? Nope. But I don't understand the draw to the opera either. :cool:
Wingnut😉

Then who ****ing cares if we ban it
Yeah, they always say that it’s such a rare occurrence that it shouldn’t be an issue. Then it shouldn’t be an issue if trans women aren’t allowed to compete with women then. Since it’s a rare occurrence and all.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
We just don’t think it’s fair they compete against women, because it’s not

Yeah bro, if you went through puberty a boy, you can’t compete against women.
That's great, considering you ignore the hole in your argument.

Look, I get it. Trans people freak you out. You ignore logic when the topic comes up. It's why the only person to address my comments just argued about the percent of intersex people, not the reasoning.

That's great, considering you ignore the hole in your argument.

Look, I get it. Trans people freak you out. You ignore logic when the topic comes up. It's why the only person to address my comments just argued about the percent of intersex people, not the reasoning.
Bro. Again, the structure of the skeleton is set after puberty, advantage to the male skeleton. Trans people don’t freak me out, my former brother of law is one and I had zero issues with him doing it, as he was the most manly female I’d met at the time. There is zero need to allow trans women to compete against bio females. The bio females that have higher test levels, better bone structure??? Good for them when it comes to sport.

Reactions: ButtersHawk

Your view is identical to mine.

Bro. Again, the structure of the skeleton is set after puberty, advantage to the male skeleton. Trans people don’t freak me out, my former brother of law is one and I had zero issues with him doing it, as he was the most manly female I’d met at the time. There is zero need to allow trans women to compete against bio females. The bio females that have higher test levels, better bone structure??? Good for them when it comes to sport.
Help me out. What is the total number of transgender athletes competing in youth sports. There are approximately 60 million kids registered (and we assume) participating in youth sports. So I would assume this major burning bush issue for your would be 5-10 percent of total youth sport participants are transgender?

Reactions: BelemNole
Help me out. What is the total number of transgender athletes competing in youth sports. There are approximately 60 million kids registered (and we assume) participating in youth sports. So I would assume this major burning bush issue for your would be 5-10 percent of total youth sport participants are transgender?
Why does it matter, fair is fair. Democrats die on this hill. Stick to the economy and you will win

Why does it matter, fair is fair. Democrats die on this hill. Stick to the economy and you will win
It matters because you have said this is a burning bush issue on a national stage. So, I want to know...are we talking about a million trans-athletes....two million?

Weird argument. Not many people are using steroids or other enhancing drugs... so is it really that big of a deal?

It isn't about the 5% of trans, ita about the 100% of biological females they compete against.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
Weird argument. Not many people are using steroids or other enhancing drugs... so is it really that big of a deal?
For it to affect a national election? Sure, local election and policy...have at it....it's where it belongs. Now, if you give me the numbers that there are 1% transgender athletes...let's have the discussion on a nation platform. Do you believe the Mitchell Report and subsequent hearings was a federal issue?

For it to affect a national election? Sure, local election and policy...have at it....it's where it belongs. Now, if you give me the numbers that there are 1% transgender athletes...let's have the discussion on a nation platform. Do you believe the Mitchell Report and subsequent hearings was a federal issue?
Who's saying we should have national legislation? Local/sporting bodies can handle that.

I do think it hurts the dems nationally since they're more likely to be the ones saying we ought to have trans kids playing in whatever gender division they wish. They've taken positions that are too extreme on gender issues and it costs them nationally. There's that.

Who's saying we should have national legislation? Local/sporting bodies can handle that.

I do think it hurts the dems nationally since they're more likely to be the ones saying we ought to have trans kids playing in whatever gender division they wish. They've taken positions that are too extreme on gender issues and it costs them nationally. There's that.
That's the platform. The Claridan guy and the sales guy are suggesting it's a national issue. If it is, I would like to know the number.. Maybe this is an easier way, the NCAA Women's tournament is about to start, how many transgender athletes are in that tournament.

That's the platform. The Claridan guy and the sales guy are suggesting it's a national issue. If it is, I would like to know the number.. Maybe this is an easier way, the NCAA Women's tournament is about to start, how many transgender athletes are in that tournament.
I don't agree with them that the trans sports question needs federal attention, if that's what they're saying.

Is it of national interest? Sure. So are lots of "culture war" issues, and most of them aren't going to be addressed at the federal level.

It becomes a national issue because the vast majority of people see it as a black and white issue, with the rights of women winning out. The liberals seem to be riding with the trans side.

It becomes a national issue because the vast majority of people see it as a black and white issue, with the rights of women winning out. The liberals seem to be riding with the trans side.
Ok....how many transgender are "beating out" the rights of women. We are looking at approximately 30 million female athletes. Are you suggesting there is .5%?

Why does it matter? Wrong is wrong
Again...it matters for this being promoted on the national stage. i want the local jurisdiction to handle this based on those involved. I don't want Austin (Texas) or DC (federal) involved. You have claimed this is a national issue....if it is a national issue, I would like to know why....are we talking about .1% transgender athletes taking the rights of women?

Again...it matters for this being promoted on the national stage. i want the local jurisdiction to handle this based on those involved. I don't want Austin (Texas) or DC (federal) involved. You have claimed this is a national issue....if it is a national issue, I would like to know why....are we talking about .1% transgender athletes taking the rights of women?

It’s a national political topic which one party contains comes down in the wrong side

It’s a national political topic which one party contains comes down in the wrong side
Again...why is it a national political topic. I'll give you my theory, it's something that meatheads and sales bros can understand--because the other stuff is too nuanced and difficult--and when you approach them with the actual numbers they are not capable of responding...

Is the total transgender athletes that are competing in all of America less than 100?

How many transgender athletes are competing in America?
Couldn't tell ya. Again, my focus is on Women’s rights, and EVERY female competitor that goes against a m-f trans is being impacted.

I laugh at the trans stuff, because it's about all I can do at this point. Just for 2 seconds step back and think about this. The "I am woman hear me roar" advocates, the vast majority of which were female dems in the 60s- 70s-80s fought to get their place to play. Now, female dems are so God damn afraid to hurt someone's feelings they are watching records go under the names of biological males. You think the ladies of the woman's rights movement would have said biological males could compete against them or do you think they would have told the "5%" (gross over estimate) to go **** themselves and to find their own place to play as the ladies had worked hard to get theirs? We had a generation of women willing to protest, go to jail, deal with the negative impact of going against the culture to fight for their own place and within 2 generations ladies just concede that males can come compete against them because we wouldn't want to hurt any feelings.

Much EL OH EL.

Couldn't tell ya. Again, my focus is on Women’s rights, and EVERY female competitor that goes against a m-f trans is being impacted.

I laugh at the trans stuff, because it's about all I can do at this point. Just for 2 seconds step back and think about this. The "I am woman hear me roar" advocates, the vast majority of which were female dems in the 60s- 70s-80s fought to get their place to play. Now, female dems are so God damn afraid to hurt someone's feelings they are watching records go under the names of biological males. You think the ladies of the woman's rights movement would have said biological males could compete against them or do you think they would have told the "5%" (gross over estimate) to go **** themselves and to find their own place to play as the ladies had worked hard to get theirs? We had a generation of women willing to protest, go to jail, deal with the negative impact of going against the culture to fight for their own place and within 2 generations ladies just concede that males can come compete against them because we wouldn't want to hurt any feelings.

Much EL OH EL.
I chuckle at the the "trans-stuff" because it's not an issue, but red meat that the GOP tosses at the sales bros and meatheads that have taken over the party...the boomers don't seem to care about this issue.

Let’s throw a wrench in this whole thread………what happens when someone “identifies “ as a cat or dog? Should they compete against men or women? Just had to!!! 😂😂😂

Translation: some injustice is acceptable.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT