ADVERTISEMENT

Curbello gone

Davison from Wisky is the only player I disliked more than this showboat.

There are plenty of guys in the B1G I dislike more than Curbello. I mean, he was irritating, but in a "Why is such a bad player getting that many minutes" kind of way.

He appeared to care more about looking flashy and cool than “getting the job done”.
yeah, he was all hugs and kisses last year with teammates (gotta believe some was fake/for show)...seemed to have an east coast ego that his shit didn't stink as well. ;)

There is very little chance Curbello sniffs the NBA, let alone plays there. He might make it in Europe somewhere.

I agree Curbello is not NBA material, but he had a pretty good Freshman year and a terrible sophomore year--while plagued by health issues. I don't think Curbello is someone to build a team around at PG, but he would be useful player for defense/pushing tempo at maybe a 15-20 min/game level. Curbello can take it to the rack pretty well but he is bad shooter beyond 15 ft.

If Gonzaga is really after him, that would be validation..... one can't argue with Mark Few's success and abilty to manage the roster to fill holes every year.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Underwood was tainted by scandal at OkSt.

I haven't followed Underwood, but he does have the look of a greasey ex-Marine car salesman.

I'm sure you are correct and Underwood pushes the envelope. Fran/Barta are to the opposite end of the spectrum. While it is nice to be squeaky clean, I wouldn't mind some level of dealing...i.e. put the Father of a key recruit on the payroll, get active in bringing in NIL money, reach out on Portal, etc. because being a perennial spectator of other teams from Sweet16 level on in Ncaa tourney is getting old.

"His playing time was going to be very limited next year given how awful he was this year." Wrong
"Cant shoot, cant guard, average athlete, and small is not a recipie for the NBA." Wrong
"Clearly that is a violation of the NIL rules. NIL deals are not to be used to recruit new players." First question from players in the portal is about NIL...
"Underwood? Not so much." Just what rules has he broken?
"There is very little chance Curbello sniffs the NBA, let alone plays there." He was 6th man of the year last year, preseason all B1G and preseason All-American, so no chance

• Haha
Reactions: topherchris20
"His playing time was going to be very limited next year given how awful he was this year." Wrong
"Cant shoot, cant guard, average athlete, and small is not a recipie for the NBA." Wrong
"Clearly that is a violation of the NIL rules. NIL deals are not to be used to recruit new players." First question from players in the portal is about NIL...
"Underwood? Not so much." Just what rules has he broken?
"There is very little chance Curbello sniffs the NBA, let alone plays there." He was 6th man of the year last year, preseason all B1G and preseason All-American, so no chance

Lookout guys pre season all B1G! 6th man of year! Look at all those B1G 6th man award winners in the NBA! Lmao

I know most of you watched from afar, but Curbelo had a TBI this year. One of the most severe concussions possible. For a month, he could not exercise without getting dizzy with a bad headache. It altered his personality, too.

Some of you scoff but, after a great freshman year, he was preseason all Big Ten and All American. The concussion during a preseason game ruined his season. Just as he was starting to play again, he got covid. He was a shell of the player he was as a freshman.

He needed a reset on his career. Moves close to home. If he is healthy, he is a great player. I wish him the best and will always be a fan.

I know most of you watched from afar, but Curbelo had a TBI this year. One of the most severe concussions possible. For a month, he could not exercise without getting dizzy with a bad headache. It altered his personality, too.

Some of you scoff but, after a great freshman year, he was preseason all Big Ten and All American. The concussion during a preseason game ruined his season. Just as he was starting to play again, he got covid. He was a shell of the player he was as a freshman.

He needed a reset on his career. Moves close to home. If he is healthy, he is a great player. I wish him the best and will always be a fan.
he for sure was a talent - would love to have Iowa land a PG like that...

Thanks for the info...I didn’t realize he battled all those health issues. Best of luck to him at St. John’s.

Fran seems to be in love with slow, non-athletic kids who can pass the ball around the perimeter and don't turn the ball over much that emulate him as a player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT