ADVERTISEMENT

Current WNBA Media Deal: $50M/year. Their New Deal, starting in 2026? Up to $260M/year

I offer the draft press release for Caitlin in light of this news:

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a league who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very massive economic opportunities that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way.

full text of tweet:

BREAKING WNBA MEDIA RIGHTS NEWS

Per The Athletic, the WNBA is set to receive roughly $2.2 billion over the next 11 years in rights fees in its new deals — an average of $200 million a year.

ESPN, NBC and Amazon will all have their own WNBA packages.

The WNBA’s current media deals are set to expire after the 2025 season, with Disney, Ion, CBS and Amazon as its media partners. The new rights fees could have as much as a six-times multiple on the league’s current media rights fees since the new deals leave room for the WNBA to bring in new partners. The league anticipates it will sell two other rights packages in addition to the ones it has already made agreements for, and projects to bring in another $60 million annually in those deals.

GSqYnaAXoAAsdRc

Reactions: BrotherHawkeye
I offer the draft press release for Caitlin in light of this news:

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a league who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very massive economic opportunities that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way.
Get back on that wall. Colonel Jessep! We need you there.......

Reactions: BrotherHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT