ADVERTISEMENT

Cyber warfare is here 🚨 WW3 says hello!

No they are not commonly used. They may be used by a few but its very few. In the US anyway. Its all cell phones now mostly.
We use them. A few years ago pagers were still used in 80 percent of hospitals.

Last edited:
This video is probably getting the most views as confused onlookers in a produce section of the grocery store watch a guy have something explode in pocket and writhe in pain. It got me wondering if there could be a good psychological outcome from this as this scene is repeated 4000 times and 100,000s witness the aftermath around them and these witness start thinking and recounting and a general community sense emerges how glad they are not to be a Hezbollah henchman.

This is so bad ass and simultaneously terrifying. They essentially injected Semtex and used the battery overheating as the trigger.

Exploding battery, or actual explosive?

Mossad:

why-not-both-why-not.gif

This video is probably getting the most views as confused onlookers in a produce section of the grocery store watch a guy have something explode in pocket and writhe in pain. It got me wondering if there could be a good psychological outcome from this as this scene is repeated 4000 times and 100,000s witness the aftermath around them and these witness start thinking and recounting and a general community sense emerges how glad they are not to be a Hezbollah henchman.

I think so. I also saw some talk that it has an affect of identifying people who around them are Hezbollah, which many of these operatives may not have wanted to be public. I don't know how big an impact that is.

But I think you could be correct, especially among the "dabblers". In a group of this sort that are embedded in communities, whether its a terrorist group, or organized crime groups, there is usually a level of "hangers on" that are disaffected youths who are in it for the street cred, the thrill seeking, or peer pressure. Think runners, lookouts, errand boys, etc. They're not true believers, but they've made the calculated decision that they aren't at putting themselves at great personal risk to reap whatever social or financial benefits of association.

An attack like this changes that calculus. This attack took off fingers and nuts of a lot of drivers and gofers, and it could be a hell of a lot harder recruiting those kind of support associates, for the psychological reason you said.

The flip side of this is that it is likely going to radicalize more people. That's the problem with this part of the world. For a portion of the population there aren't a whole lot of great alternatives in terms of career. It isn't as bad as Somalia in that realm, but it isn't the Western World either.

To the point being made about the fringe level people saying they are out, I'm willing to bet more than a handful of these things have been thrown in the trash in the last 24 hours.

I still don't know that I love this, but it's going to be effective as shit, from many angles.

To the point being made about the fringe level people saying they are out, I'm willing to bet more than a handful of these things have been thrown in the trash in the last 24 hours.

I still don't know that I love this, but it's going to be effective as shit, from many angles.
Enriching the MIC while escalating the odds of WW III, innocent bystanders be damned.

What’s not to love?

Doesn't seem like anyone is rushing to help him, lol.

Reactions: noleclone2
While I tend to think that disrupting comms and sowing uncertainty is a tactical prelude to more conventional war-fighting, consider for a moment having to ponder the thought of Israel deciding that it was going to start fighting wars asymmetrically.

Reactions: Gus is dead
The flip side of this is that it is likely going to radicalize more people. That's the problem with this part of the world. For a portion of the population there aren't a whole lot of great alternatives in terms of career. It isn't as bad as Somalia in that realm, but it isn't the Western World either.
No it isn't. Radicalization comes from feeling like your enemy is evil or immoral. This is not that. Like at all. Most are probably actually thinking….what the f can't they touch?

Be a serious thinker.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
Pagers were used. Is far different from everyone used lagers just a few years ago. Which is flat out not true. Where are you? Clinton?
My claim is that pagers are still widely used in healthcare today. We also still use fax machines. Other tools are used, including teams chat, in chart chat, phones etc. But doctors and nurses in many systems still carry pagers. I work for the University of Michigan. My brother in law works for the VA he has a pager. My brother worked for Vanderbilt has a pager. My mother and sister in law worked for different healthcare systems in Michigan also has a pager.
Nurses have phones but they still have pagers as a backup, or for on call responsibilities etc. phones are often left at work. Pagers have some advantages over phones in that they do not need charged as frequently, can work in dead zones, can alert teams efficiently, can alert on call providers without having to find their personal phone etc.

Here is a radio story from 2023 discussing the widespread use of pagers in hospitals.

My claim is that pagers are still widely used in healthcare today. We also still use fax machines. Other tools are used, including teams chat, in chart chat, phones etc. But doctors and nurses in many systems still carry pagers. I work for the University of Michigan. My brother in law works for the VA he has a pager. My brother worked for Vanderbilt has a pager. My mother and sister in law worked for different healthcare systems in Michigan also has a pager.
Nurses have phones but they still have pagers as a backup, or for on call responsibilities etc. phones are often left at work. Pagers have some advantages over phones in that they do not need charged as frequently, can work in dead zones, can alert teams efficiently, can alert on call providers without having to find their personal phone etc.

Here is a radio story from 2023 discussing the widespread use of pagers in hospitals.

Well fair enough. However, they are not used in the hospitals in my area to any large extent.

Think for a moment about…
- the evil creative genius to come up with such an audacious idea
- the intelligence necessary to pull something like this off
- the time to fabricate (cause that’s no mere overheating)
- this could be a precursor to other stuff

I know which side I want to be on.
This is why I'm sticking with my 2002 nokia 3310. I sure hope they aren't playing the long game.

This is why I'm sticking with my 2002 nokia 3310. I sure hope they aren't playing the long game.
Hate to burst your bubble but they aren’t fitting explosives inside a modern day thin cellphone. It’s why they went after pagers and old devices, thicker. That Nokia is a prime target. Now who’s to say if it actually would blow up or contain it inside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT