ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Gable Donnybrook

Names that stand out to me:

Another Tsirtsis (106) - unranked, but maybe young and will have success like his brothers
Another Glazier (170) - unranked, but maybe young and with success will follow his brother to Iowa
Another Ayala (113) - Drake's brother Dru has a very tough opponent in Mendoza from IL (great last name! lol)
How is Kueter ranked #2 after winning Worlds and dominating everyone in folk? Who's #1?
The Hawks are supposed to be turning the corner with recruiting, yet three stud recruits (Kueter, Block and Arnold) are ranked #2, 3 and 6 nationally at their weight - is this a concern? Don't we need to be signing the top ranked guys?

Reactions: el dub
Names that stand out to me:

Another Tsirtsis (106) - unranked, but maybe young and will have success like his brothers
Another Glazier (170) - unranked, but maybe young and with success will follow his brother to Iowa
Another Ayala (113) - Drake's brother Dru has a very tough opponent in Mendoza from IL (great last name! lol)
How is Kueter ranked #2 after winning Worlds and dominating everyone in folk? Who's #1?
The Hawks are supposed to be turning the corner with recruiting, yet three stud recruits (Kueter, Block and Arnold) are ranked #2, 3 and 6 nationally at their weight - is this a concern? Don't we need to be signing the top ranked guys?

Kueter is a top 10 P4P guy. We also have Jesuroga and Chittum coming in. All top 10.

Arnold was right there as well until the injuries. Looks like he might be over that hump.

How clueless are you?

Last edited:
I don’t believe they have, typically haven’t been in the same weight class. Coach Phil can correct me if I’m wrong
It's literally been years since they've wrestled. They hit at Schoolboy duals, and at FS nationals that same year (2019). It's going to be a fun one for sure. Conner is full of power. Think of the Hulk vs Dr. Strange?

Kueter is a top 10 P4P guy. We also have Jesuroga and Chittum coming in. All top 10.

Arnold was right there as well until the injuries. Looks like he might be over that hump.

How clueless are you?
I'm so excited, this is my first time being slammed by Spooner. I'm at least 83% clueless! My favorite synonyms for clueless are oblivious, unaware, ignorant and insensible -- all of those definitely apply to me.

I thought he was joking.
Half joking, half not. The half not is in response to the posts in various threads that have highlighted the fact that PSU has so many top 10 PFP guys in their lineup, and that we need to be signing more of them. Personally, I like taking very good high school wrestlers and developing them into NCAA champions. Also, recruiting isn't all about rankings --- college coaches have to also determine if the wrestler is the right fit for the program, are they likely to keep improving (high ceiling), and other factors.

How clueless are you?
I'll answer your question.. Very"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT