ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Patrick Show

I'd be interested in your history lesson on the stupid things. I'll give you the first one: He ran out the clock in the OSU vs Iowa game in 2009 (using untested freshman QB, but I think even he admitted to be wrong in hind sight), I don't hardly ever recall Iowa sitting on the ball with a decent amount of time left after that .... KF does make mistakes but he almost always learns from them and adapts (even though some of us boneheads on message boards don't notice). Ok, your turn ... what are the stupid things in his 23 year history?
Stupid I don’t know but frustrating as hell:

* Played james vandeburg every snap several years back. It was reported he was the only QB in the country to do so.
Kept insisting he gave us the best chance to win

* IMO refuses to give quality snaps to the backup QB. Once Campbell gave up I was hoping to see Padilla get some PT.
This has been an ongoing issue over the years. He turns around the following year and laments when he has a new QB
with no game experience.

* Again IMO insist on taking the ball when winning the coin flip more often than not. I may be wrong but I‘d like to
know what the percentages are for deferring vs receiving the kick.

• Haha
Reactions: bojihawk44
Stupid I don’t know but frustrating as hell:

* Played james vandeburg every snap several years back. It was reported he was the only QB in the country to do so.
Kept insisting he gave us the best chance to win

* IMO refuses to give quality snaps to the backup QB. Once Campbell gave up I was hoping to see Padilla get some PT.
This has been an ongoing issue over the years. He turns around the following year and laments when he has a new QB
with no game experience.

* Again IMO insist on taking the ball when winning the coin flip more often than not. I may be wrong but I‘d like to
know what the percentages are for deferring vs receiving the kick.
i don't care what he decides on the coin flip. I'm interested in what % of time we win, THATS what matters. 8 in a row and counting! 5 straight wins against ranked teams! Nuff said......

Reactions: tschissel
Sorry guys. This still is a KF led team. At 1st I was Blaming the recievers for not catching the ball, but when I rewatched the game . Our QB overlooked so many open recievers, it was unbelieveable. That being said KF always finds away to get beat by the worst of teams at the worst time. For KF its just ebs and flows
Dude - take your negative opinions somewhere else and quit trying to pee on everyone’s Frosted Flakes

I am a BIG Kirk Ferentz fan, but you have to admit that he has had a lot of Time Management issues in his tenure.

Not “clocking” the ball vs Wisconsin when they were at the end of the game, but driving and trailing was pretty bad. (Is that an OC issue?). I can’t recall the year off the top of my head.

I have not forgiven BF for not throwing the ball to Noah Fant vs Wisconsin when inside the 5 yard line when he was split out and man-to-man vs a freshman corner … on 2 separate occasions! Is that on BF or KF?

I am a BIG Kirk Ferentz fan, but you have to admit that he has had a lot of Time Management issues in his tenure.

Not “clocking” the ball vs Wisconsin when they were at the end of the game, but driving and trailing was pretty bad. (Is that an OC issue?). I can’t recall the year off the top of my head.

I have not forgiven BF for not throwing the ball to Noah Fant vs Wisconsin when inside the 5 yard line when he was split out and man-to-man vs a freshman corner … on 2 separate occasions! Is that on BF or KF?
Are we really still stewing over shit that happened in games 5-10 years ago? IS the program headed in the right direction? Winning games, recruiting, team building? It would be hard to watch the first two games and answer those questions in the negative, so WHY are we consumed by the distant past?

I saw that and laughed. Taylor did it on the road and in a high-profile game. He should have got it exclusively.
The Rutgers punter also averaged 51 yards per punt, killed 5 punts inside the 20 and also had a 69 yarder. Both he and Tory had amazing games and both are from Melbourne.

The Rutgers punter also averaged 51 yards per punt, killed 5 punts inside the 20 and also had a 69 yarder. Both he and Tory had amazing games and both are from Melbourne.
One of Taylor's would have gone for more if Roberts hadn't grabbed it. But both are good to great punters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT