ADVERTISEMENT

Daniels

MattFoleyHawk

HR All-State
Dec 10, 2014
Anyone know or remember when Lashun Daniels got hurt last year? Since he's never redshirted, think he will use a medical redshirt if he is eligible for one? I see his brother pushing for the starting center job in 2016, so that would give him 2 years to start/play with his brother....

I believe it was the week leading up to the NW game. He had played too much for the medical "redshirt," or hardship, but I thought I had heard they may apply for it anyway.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I got motivated and went back and looked at his carries last year. I didn't think he even played after the 2nd game last year, and looking at this you can see why I thought that:
UNI - 8 carries
Ball St. - 4
Iowa St.- 0
Pitt - 0
Purdue - 1
Indy - 0
Mary - 1

So it looks like he played in more than 30% of the games and past the 1st half of the season, so he would have to get a 'waiver', I believe it's called. Kind of a waste of year, but they couldn't know he was going to get hurt and needed the depth.
It will be interesting to see if they grant him one.

I remember either the Ball State game or ISU one the combination of him and Duzey (maybe Hamilton) let up a huge unblocked Qb sack that seemingly put him in the doghouse after awhile. I think Leshun could have a big impact next year and obviously moreso down the road.

Thanks Chris, I didn't realize he played in that memorable game:) Too bad for the young man. Kind of a 'lost' year, but I'm sure he got some good experience and probably got bigger and stronger, so hopefully not a total loss...
Hope he comes out strong next year!

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:

And what parameters are you using in making this highly scientific expression?

I was kind of wondering the same thing. I believe Daniels holds a RB speed record at Iowa. Maybe 10 yard? He is not slow.

I'm sure it was only missed assignment all year, both side of the ball.
Also wasn't his freshman year red shirt burned during the blow out with W. Michigan?
Brilliant move there.

Originally posted by mvhomerj:

I'm sure it was only missed assignment all year, both side of the ball.
Also wasn't his freshman year red shirt burned during the blow out with W. Michigan?
Brilliant move there.

No, he first played against Missouri State his freshman year.

OK, not impressed with game speed or decision making at this point...maybe he is thinking too much..?? We shall see huh?

hard to make much of an assessment from around 15 carries over 6 games or so. I have no doubt he will excel under our new run game coordinator:)
Let's see how long it takes 'thatsfootball' or 'sandow' to jump on that comment, lol...

Haven't seen that much from him that is impressive. Wadley in his short time showed me more that Daniels has ever shown. And Daniels has had more than 15 carries. He has had 51.

Birky, I stand corrected, it was Mizzo State. Either way seemed like a wasted year too me.

I got motivated and went back and looked at his carries last year. I didn't think he even played after the 2nd game last year, and looking at this you can see why I thought that:
UNI - 8 carries
Ball St. - 4
Iowa St.- 0
Pitt - 0
Purdue - 1
Indy - 0
Mary - 1

So it looks like he played in more than 30% of the games and past the 1st half of the season, so he would have to get a 'waiver', I believe it's called. Kind of a waste of year, but they couldn't know he was going to get hurt and needed the depth.
If you play 1 down, you have to apply for a Hardship Waiver. The 30% or half ruling applies to the waiver process. It typically isn't granted until their normal 4-5 eligibility is up. Especially when the amount of eligibility used in a season is close to the 30%- half threshold.

I was referring to last year, sir. This whole thread has been about last year....
This post was edited on 2/13 3:48 PM by MattFoleyHawk

linkshero posted on 2/13/2015...

UNI - 8 carries
Ball St. - 4
Iowa St.- 0
Pitt - 0
Purdue - 1
Indy - 0
Mary - 1

If you play 1 down, you have to apply for a Hardship Waiver. The 30% or half ruling applies to the waiver process. It typically isn't granted until their normal 4-5 eligibility is up. Especially when the amount of eligibility used in a season is close to the 30%- half threshold.

Thanks linkshero.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT