ADVERTISEMENT

Daughter brag thread

Hoosierhawkeye

HR King
Sep 16, 2008
I don't get to brag much about my sons because they are disabled. But this news about my daughter who has no diagnosed disabilities made me feel pretty good so I wanted to share it.

She is in 3rd grade and recently took the IREAD 3 test for 3rd graders a standardized test for my state.

She got a perfect score, 650 out of 650.

AP1GczMP78JQVo2OUMRG3sSWVQsNlnvai7iWJVK7wrR1wlgyMS1471O-XeLjRt8NWU6TcIGKnOQvZCpLlrBp4dXW563snB6_I9HGSeBDmi7uK_8gV8Niwb5KZid4nlw9w-84Oxd8StcyHqI_IlluVOi4_dMnohb4JlIwise1cImAv_R6nBGQJv_LJRiuqLTS8YMRWZpjUJjnZJLZMmrHyt3YA9cxzN7jB0UEz2nF9BE-cThmL4x-C8VhvURUslFOg05jZ2PRIUxWnA_3eW0FA9E5O6n9yQVigjvFuUMJXoytQtT6uBDCjg73RNzEmuSjRRASU68ukqOph_q3hlE6-kKgPJsEtKjDAX22btP6ajQQANEvBh-RVt9u_jzarFwmGwYB-fAcNj8RUYi-XhItV3i5EX9xsoPDsign0da_39qZQKnMnmnz3L3nJ2DLhs1o6WNGbkTl04yAgibFRWsi29gA9oDTM5hyfPn6mIyZ3kTTOTO6G6MGEFXybbNht_VzqZCqfta2U6JuNn7fw0FehHnQce3299T3w8dReUaxzVma6HRWsVuKXBVappLI0TGU7GJwXpMDq0-u80ZOo06V9BKnBZJuG6aauK3W48XAgIypwkO79f-p5zRDOekQM4GtMwKyFVrw0yMnQyrHedLCrcP78otJuHdswj55zLtvqalSVNGOg_e6b1tgur28E2mrrQc66uujqjmT8SueDG-CKpnlIR6cEigA7sdQTf0-6-h6H4ZkFJa8gVGffJI3563Zt-g8icrHLwT6O_l-xIyrwh33rqC6ukKVlY4RVVxF91afvAC6YTTt3i9AKo3RIJpfksAt-WJREJhaz44XMRBwlkUWQDBlNk9vqtCfDP-o4x0FrZ8phJALwlgS9Mrm0qORQUG8mjvJbVksM1EFTZd5bIV3SSGlS1g=w1920-h865-s-no-gm

You should always want to brag about all your kids - even with their differences! All kids are knuckleheads, and all kids do things that fill our hearts with pride and joy. Even if no one else cares, you should share all that stuff!

That's some good reading though!

EhwUPKvXcAUjv87.jpg

Yeah but as I said in another thread it's not easy. My 10 year old recently learned to put toothpaste on his toothbrush. Before that his little sister was doing it for him.

That is one thing that bothers me is I feel like our middle child probably has to help out a lot more than a typical middle child.

Yeah but as I said in another thread it's not easy. My 10 year old recently learned to put toothpaste on his toothbrush. Before that his little sister was doing it for him.

That is one thing that bothers me is I feel like our middle child probably has to help out a lot more than a typical middle child.
HH, we had a bit of this to deal with with my daughter's disability (l. hemiplegia), though probably not to your scale.

The good news is, your child that is helping out is actually going to turn out to be an incredibly compassionate person. My son (younger than his sister) is a hardass politically, religiously, and otherwise. But he's the first one to help a person in need.

My daughter grown, married, a mother, a BCBA, a regional director in the company she works for with around 50 employees under her. She is successful by any measure and we couldn't be more proud of her.

Reactions: win4jj and fredjr82
HH, we had a bit of this to deal with with my daughter's disability (l. hemiplegia), though probably not to your scale.

The good news is, your child that is helping out is actually going to turn out to be an incredibly compassionate person. My son (younger than his sister) is a hardass politically, religiously, and otherwise. But he's the first one to help a person in need.

Just looked that up, sounds like a physical disability. My sons just have difficulty learning basic skills often I think due to not having the attention span or as much desire to try.

My oldest failed the same test, but he could have passed it, he just told us at some point he got bored and just started randomly clicking answers. So their ability to focus in is very limited.

On the other hand my daughter's biggest problem is being too hard on herself. In fact when my wife told my daughter she got a perfect score she had to emphasize that she probably wasn't going to get perfect scores on everything in the future and that was ok. If you don't make sure she knows that in the future she will literally find out she was 95th percentile on something and it would send her into tears because of that 5 percent that did better than her.

Reactions: Aardvark86
I don't get to brag much about my sons because they are disabled. But this news about my daughter who has no diagnosed disabilities made me feel pretty good so I wanted to share it.

She is in 3rd grade and recently took the IREAD 3 test for 3rd graders a standardized test for my state.

AP1GczMP78JQVo2OUMRG3sSWVQsNlnvai7iWJVK7wrR1wlgyMS1471O-XeLjRt8NWU6TcIGKnOQvZCpLlrBp4dXW563snB6_I9HGSeBDmi7uK_8gV8Niwb5KZid4nlw9w-84Oxd8StcyHqI_IlluVOi4_dMnohb4JlIwise1cImAv_R6nBGQJv_LJRiuqLTS8YMRWZpjUJjnZJLZMmrHyt3YA9cxzN7jB0UEz2nF9BE-cThmL4x-C8VhvURUslFOg05jZ2PRIUxWnA_3eW0FA9E5O6n9yQVigjvFuUMJXoytQtT6uBDCjg73RNzEmuSjRRASU68ukqOph_q3hlE6-kKgPJsEtKjDAX22btP6ajQQANEvBh-RVt9u_jzarFwmGwYB-fAcNj8RUYi-XhItV3i5EX9xsoPDsign0da_39qZQKnMnmnz3L3nJ2DLhs1o6WNGbkTl04yAgibFRWsi29gA9oDTM5hyfPn6mIyZ3kTTOTO6G6MGEFXybbNht_VzqZCqfta2U6JuNn7fw0FehHnQce3299T3w8dReUaxzVma6HRWsVuKXBVappLI0TGU7GJwXpMDq0-u80ZOo06V9BKnBZJuG6aauK3W48XAgIypwkO79f-p5zRDOekQM4GtMwKyFVrw0yMnQyrHedLCrcP78otJuHdswj55zLtvqalSVNGOg_e6b1tgur28E2mrrQc66uujqjmT8SueDG-CKpnlIR6cEigA7sdQTf0-6-h6H4ZkFJa8gVGffJI3563Zt-g8icrHLwT6O_l-xIyrwh33rqC6ukKVlY4RVVxF91afvAC6YTTt3i9AKo3RIJpfksAt-WJREJhaz44XMRBwlkUWQDBlNk9vqtCfDP-o4x0FrZ8phJALwlgS9Mrm0qORQUG8mjvJbVksM1EFTZd5bIV3SSGlS1g=w1920-h865-s-no-gm
Awesome stuff! We need more positive on this board. Great job to your daughter and like Dallas said, never shy away from bragging about your children with disabilities! Even the simpilest things can be a great milestone worth sharing.

On that note, I'll brag on my two (no pics) daughters.

Oldest just aced her primary school certification test as she's transitioning from Middle School to 5th grade next year. My younger daughter made Staff Sergeant (E-5) first time and was just made Cyber Task Force lead with 25 people under her.

It's great when are kiddos adult well!

Kudos again, Hoosier!

That is fantastic. Strong readers typically continue to do very well in school, it is really critical. Perfect score is amazing!

Two daughters that out paced me in many way. I was fortunate to coach them both in multiple sports.

Oldest went to an Iowa d3 school to run cc and track. While there, earned a math and physics degree. Went on to get her master in math, and just finished her PhD in math (not our kind of math though.

Youngest went to Iowa, earned her undergrad in three years, and earn her master two years later. All while pitching at Iowa where she met and married an Iowa closer on the baseball team. She was all conf multiple years, he set a record or two. She definitely found a keeper.

Maybe they did come from decent stock. I met my wife of 34, years at Iowa. I told the girls to take 80% of your characteristics from your mom. They kinda listened. Mom grew up an Iowa farm girl. Nuff said.

Reactions: bojihawk44

Some small things are great accomplishments.

Congrats to your daughter as well.

Congrats! She's already surpassed 99.9 percent of the posters on GIAHORT!

Congrats. Very familiar with iREAD with similar aged kids as yours. We are way over tested here in IN. Happy to read of your children's positive news.

Brag on them all! This is a huge win!

Your parents are about the only ones that will want to see you be more successful than themselves…..possibly siblings too

Awesome stuff! We need more positive on this board. Great job to your daughter and like Dallas said, never shy away from bragging about your children with disabilities! Even the simpilest things can be a great milestone worth sharing.

On that note, I'll brag on my two (no pics) daughters.

Oldest just aced her primary school certification test as she's transitioning from Middle School to 5th grade next year. My younger daughter made Staff Sergeant (E-5) first time and was just made Cyber Task Force lead with 25 people under her.

It's great when are kiddos adult well!

Kudos again, Hoosier!
Maybe I should brag too, as my daughter (no pic) graduates in May with her DO degree, and starts residency in July!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT