ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Wannstedt says he has heard ISU and Kansas to Big Ten

Haven’t read through most of this drivel, I’m just curious how in the hell, a post about a know nothing commentator, has blown up so much?!?! Is the obsession with isu that strong? I sure hope not! Be better Hawk fans, be better!

Reactions: LinusPF
So what was funnier last year, isu’s best season in school history being only 9 wins or a NY6 triumph over a 4 win team that didn’t even win their division?

All I know for sure is just how “so proud” clown fans are of both. Look out Bama the clowns are coming for ya. I’m sure Saban is just terrified.
Hey man, I gave you a thumbs up on the first post where you said as much, but I'm not rewarding your twice.

That was a year a clone fan picked. He was comparing major bowl wins by Iowa and ISU since 1958. He picked 1958 in order to avoid counting Iowa’s 2 Rose Bowl wins.
I may or may not agree with the over-arching theme of the original post (more on that if I am pressed), but this clone fan was simply trying to make a point that Iowa is not the world beater that some fans in here claim. (All fan bases have them, and Iowa is no different.) Within context, the statement that Iowa has won one major bowl game since 1958 (the season), was fair. Certainly not a representative comparison of Iowa vs ISU, but truthful to the point.

I may or may not agree with the over-arching theme of the original post (more on that if I am pressed), but this clone fan was simply trying to make a point that Iowa is not the world beater that some fans in here claim. (All fan bases have them, and Iowa is no different.) Within context, the statement that Iowa has won one major bowl game since 1958 (the season), was fair. Certainly not a representative comparison of Iowa vs ISU, but truthful to the point.
Ok? Better program in the eyes of the nation over the last half century?

There are very few Iowa fans that think that way. We understand we are a solid, developmental program and we hope for those great years that we break through but the lows can't get too low.

But we're certainly on another level than ISU. That's a fact. Losing to to the Clones is not acceptable.

Who cares? Bowls are a joke, especially last year when 9-3 and 4-2 teams made BCS.

Iowa played better bowl opponents in the Holiday and Outback than ISU did in the Fiesta.

I'll take the multitude of recent top 25 finishes.

You can say Iowa isn't a world beater but they're a top 15 team for wins over the past 6 years. I'll take that all day.

Obviously this would be counter to what every other source out there is saying so it surprises me how much conviction he seems to have about this. Here is a link to the audio clip, it’s about 30 seconds long but he basically says he was in a meeting recently with conference people there that were talking about splitting up the Big 8 leftovers and it’s going to be OSU and KSU to Pac12, WV to the ACC, and ISU and KU to the Big Ten.

From a pure FB standpoint, adding KU would be worse than adding Nebby was.

And that is saying something!

What I reported was not wrong. I used data from the 2022 budget as reported to the Board of Regents. If I back up and look at Fiscal Year 2019 actuals to see how that squares with the Cleveland.com numbers, I see the following line items.
  • Total operating expenses of $122,310,057. I'm not sure why the Cleveland.com number is so much different. Maybe some financial wizard can enlighten us.
  • There is no line item specifically for ticket sales. There are line items for income by sport which would include ticket sales and maybe some other things. For FY2019 the actuals were $27,352,776 for men's sports and $489,618 for women's sports. Football was $23,071,039. (Since these figures are slightly larger than what Cleveland.com reported, maybe they had a more detailed breakdown which separated out the ticket sales from the other stuff.)
  • Income from Athletic Conference of $54,827,039. (That would include the Big Ten six year media contract which from other reports averages out to $31.4 million per year. However the financial report to the Board of Regents doesn't break down those conference distributions any further.)
  • Learfield Multi Media Contract Income was $7,763,464
I don't have access to what Iowa reports to the NCAA, which is where I believe Cleveland.com got it's data. If anyone has access to those reports it would be interesting to resolve the differences from what they report to the NCAA. Particularly why are the total expenses are so much different? If someone has better data than what is reported to the Board of Regents as actuals, please post a link to the data. The Board of Regents report is linked above.

And just to repeat, I used 2022 budgeted data in my original post. The numbers I pulled for this post were actuals from FY2019 to use the same year as the linked Cleveland.com numbers.
Of all the threads, this one might be my favorite.

Cyclone attendance numbers, Big 10 would be better off with Iowa State! The whole thing was so laughable.

The Big 10 paid out $54 million per school for all media rights, which includes the around $500 million for deals with the major networks. That amount is going to go up to over $1 billion a year, and each Big 10 school will be getting close to $100 million/year. Surprised it could go up that much without adding Iowa State.

Of all the threads, this one might be my favorite.

Cyclone attendance numbers, Big 10 would be better off with Iowa State! The whole thing was so laughable.

The Big 10 paid out $54 million per school for all media rights, which includes the around $500 million for deals with the major networks. That amount is going to go up to over $1 billion a year, and each Big 10 school will be getting close to $100 million/year. Surprised it could go up that much without adding Iowa State.
Has clown fan ever returned with his end of season “viewership” spreadsheet? I have a feeling that after the first few weeks of the season clown fan realized the massive difference between Iowa and little bro and gave up tracking it.

To quote FDR, “Viewership is a clown fan myth that will live in infamy”.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
Everyone should hammer him on his social media about this...basically using your message.

He must be brought to task for this colossal load of b.s.
Pearl Harbor
9/11
Wannstedt sending ISU/KU to B1G

not necessarily in that order.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT