ADVERTISEMENT

Deacon Hill in Transfer Portal

Did you watch the same bowl game I did?

I wanna make sure I’m real clear on a couple things because there’s a handful of you that struggle badly on what my opinion is..

Brian, should have been gone the year before, likely not hired…

Deacon was super poor and not sure how or why D1 athletes get so out of shape…

KF seemingly sabotages himself at times…

Now for what you said, they are clearly not very enamored with ML or they wouldn’t be rushing out to get another quarterback… You guys have agendas and therefore you’re incapable of seeing reality.

Marco was a terrible quarterback in that game.

So in reality, if the boards opinion was, we didn’t have any good QBs yes, they would’ve been right, however, that’s not how they articulated it
I think a lot of us wish Bye weeks would have been all Marco’s. Run him with the ones last year and he likely, though not for sure, looks better than he did.

I believe deacon was at 290lbs when he left wisky and did lose 35lbs by the fall.
Bottom line: he stepped in when we needed a QB and helped us have a 10-2 season...so thanks to deacon and good luck. Will always be a Hawkeye!

Lol… You’re clearly not from around here, this board doesn’t reward being pleasant and reasonable

Dude, I’m here because of you… it just occurred to me here recently. Hell, I might not like this board at all if I didn’t have you guys to screw with.

😂🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓😂😂😂😂

I’ve been doing a little self evaluation and I ssy that I don’t like bitchy people but now that I think of it, I guess I do kinda like fvcking with those of you who are incapable of critiquing a situation without being shitty and nasty

Thanks by the way… if you keep responding to me, I’ll keep throwing shade back your way🤷‍♂️
groan

I think a lot of us wish Bye weeks would have been all Marco’s. Run him with the ones last year and he likely, though not for sure, looks better than he did.

I’ve got to be honest with you, unlike much of this board, I am not an expert on NCAA practice times, regulations, the amount of time they have to say try one guy two guys five guys….

Some of you apparently are that smart (not sure why you are not coaching) but I’d have no clue.

And I’m not gonna go on a message board rant with an opinion on something that I, nor do any of you, really have a clue about…

I’ve got to be honest with you, unlike much of this board, I am not an expert on NCAA practice times, regulations, the amount of time they have to say try one guy two guys five guys….

Some of you apparently are that smart (not sure why you are not coaching) but I’d have no clue.

And I’m not gonna go on a message board rant with an opinion on something that I, nor do any of you, really have a clue about…
Not sure you are saying I’m ranting? Anyway, there is evidence that more practice helps players. Marco looks to have more potential, at least gives the threat of scrambling. Not sure the constant white knighting is a good look, better than constant bitching, but neither are based in reality.

I wanna make sure I’m real clear on a couple things because there’s a handful of you that struggle badly on what my opinion is..

Now for what you said, they are clearly not very enamored with ML or they wouldn’t be rushing out to get another quarterback… You guys have agendas and therefore you’re incapable of seeing reality.

So in reality, if the boards opinion was, we didn’t have any good QBs yes, they would’ve been right, however, that’s not how they articulated it
JFC ..Marco came onto the game down, what, 25-30 pts. I think the run game was not going to be used.

Iowa has had some pretty bad QBs under KF. That merely some coincidence?

Iowa won 10 games IN SPITE OF the offense, not BECAUSE of it.

iu

Not sure you are saying I’m ranting? Anyway, there is evidence that more practice helps players. Marco looks to have more potential, at least gives the threat of scrambling. Not sure the constant white knighting is a good look, better than constant bitching, but neither are based in reality.

I did not say you’re ranting, quite frankly you’re not nearly as bombastic or hostile as you were a few years ago… I’m also fully aware you don’t much care for me, but I’m extremely reasonable to people that don’t get on here and over and over and over and over Disparage the team & the staff it’s fvcking tiresome dude…

And I’m never going to stop… I might stop coming here, but if I’m on here, I’m gonna call it out

V'mon Percy, they did win 10 hames last year. Depending who leads our offense will determine if we can do better than that.

Honestly gunner some of these guys don’t watch the same team you and I do… I wish like hell the team they followed, went three and nine every year

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
Reports were that Marco was getting the largest share of work......
There were conflicting reports. My guess is that DH was getting a majority of the 1st team snaps at first but then it was ML getting a majority of the work by the end of spring practice.

Still doesn't answer my question - If the coaching staff allegedly told a player that he needs to meet weight/fitness goals if he wants a chance to keep playing, and that player instead spent 3 months getting fatter, why would he take a single snap in spring practice?

Reactions: pink shizzle
JFC ..Marco came onto the game down, what, 25-30 pts. I think the run game was not going to be used.

So Banks, McCann was more than serviceable, Tate, Chandler Sr, Stanzi, Vandenberg was solid until Greg Davis, CJ, Ruddock, Stanley, better than our “pleasant” fans appreciated…

That’s on the plus side who do you have on the negative?

Do me a favor Mitch go back and find a spot where I said Iowa won 10 games because of the offense… I’m not one to compartmentalize, I’m looking at total wins🤷‍♂️

While you’re at it do me a favor and find the college football head coaching manual where it says the head coach only gets credit for one unit and then you have to divide that into his wins?

I’m looking forward to what you find?

There were conflicting reports. My guess is that DH was getting a majority of the 1st team snaps at first but then it was ML getting a majority of the work by the end of spring practice.

Still doesn't answer my question - If the coaching staff allegedly told a player that he needs to meet weight/fitness goals if he wants a chance to keep playing, and that player instead spent 3 months getting fatter, why would he take a single snap in spring practice?

Did you reach out to KF? I mean seriously you’ve already drawn your own conclusion. What’s the verdict Sherlock and how does it once again show how incompetent your head coach is?

I mean, it’s not like you’re all that unpredictable.

Should have had DH in a black uni then to make him "look" slimmer.

I did not say you’re ranting, quite frankly you’re not nearly as bombastic or hostile as you were a few years ago… I’m also fully aware you don’t much care for me, but I’m extremely reasonable to people that don’t get on here and over and over and over and over Disparage the team & the staff it’s fvcking tiresome dude…

And I’m never going to stop… I might stop coming here, but if I’m on here, I’m gonna call it out
I have zero against you, like you in fact

Do me a favor Mitch go back and find a spot where I said Iowa won 10 games because of the offense… I’m not one to compartmentalize, I’m looking at total wins🤷‍♂️

While you’re at it do me a favor and find the college football head coaching manual where it says the head coach only gets credit for one unit and then you have to divide that into his wins?

I’m looking forward to what you find?
KF's decision to put Brian in charge of the offense might go down as the biggest blunder of his coaching career.

The best decision was having 2 Parkers lead the defense.

I don't understand your untethered fascination and inability to criticize KF?

So Banks, McCann was more than serviceable, Tate, Chandler Sr, Stanzi, Vandenberg was solid until Greg Davis, CJ, Ruddock, Stanley, better than our “pleasant” fans appreciated…

That’s on the plus side who do you have on the negative?
All those QBs you listed had the benefit of a well above average OLine. Deacon Hill with any of those lines still sux.

He looked just as bad as Hill looked all year throwing the ball; he also came in when the defense was pinning its ears back, knowing we were throwing every play. Marco added something Hill couldn’t when both couldn’t hit WRs, and that’s making the defense pay with his feet, especially when they were rushing undisciplined up front, getting too deep up field, and out of pass rush lanes. I think that’s what a lot of people’s point is, to be honest.

I have zero against you, like you in fact

Are we dating now 😂 in a moment of serious, self introspection. I’ll try not to get too long because I know a lot of you get a little tired of my winding personal stories.

But in all honesty after all these years, I don’t like the jackass version of me, and I doubt it would be much of surprise to find out. I can most assuredly be a world class asshole, and 20 years ago. It popped out a lot more often than it does nowadays..

I’ve cultivated and worked on it and tried to change. Now I’ve always had a soft loving side, but I could really be an asshole, especially if I felt like I’d had my chains rattled.

I like to lift people up and say nice things, but for some reason or another, getting in a thread that everything is going nicely and smoothly, small critiques, even some negative stuff that’s all fine. But when the same cast of characters, start throwing shade to something that happened two months ago or last year or the year before on and on and on it really ****ing cooks me.

It’s not that we need to have the same opinion, because we certainly don’t and we don’t all have to be rah rah Iowa because hell I’m not always rah rah Iowa…

But everything doesn’t have to disparage into… Well, what it routinely does.

I mean, hell we can’t have a thread about improvements without someone coming in and saying screw KF, Brian F sucks, Deacon Hill isn’t a D1 quarterback… I mean that doesn’t further conversations it just shows petty stupidity!!

• Haha
Reactions: TRHawkeye145

I agree with this but I have to ask the question...how would have Marco looked if he had been playing earlier in the year once everyone could see Hill was terrible?

Well he took all the 1st string snaps in the Spring practice. I think that was his last shot to show something.....and he didn't. Someone had the convo with him that we are moving Marco up and/or we are bringing someone else in.

@cmhawks99 dude, you just can't see it. We are bitching about the offense because with even a near mediocre one, we would probably be in the college football playoff. The real shame in all of this is that we have wasted probably 4 years of some of the best defenses in hawkeye history losing getting shut out in the citrus bowl.

I’m a lifelong Iowa Hawkeye fan, and many on this board would call me a homer, and I’m not prepared to agree that’s a foregone conclusion.

Our margin for error would’ve been better and let’s be honest that offense was disgusting and gross, but let’s remember you guys all think KF is a ****ing idiot. The only reason we win games is because luckily Phil Parker showed up, hired himself did all the talent evaluating and stuck around….

No chance a coach as bad as KF could’ve won a national championship. And unfortunately, you guys have so much time over the last several years invested in tearing the man down you can’t even disagree with me lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT