ADVERTISEMENT

Deacon Hill QB1 for spring ball

Lol. You guys are exceptionally stupid. Did anyone honestly think Iowa was going to start spring practice with Lainez as the #(1), with Cade being off the field?

Marco has to beat Deacon out. They are in competition for the spot and almost all of us expect Lainez to win that competition. But I don't see how anyone could have expected the spot to have been given to Marco coming into spring practice

Lol. You guys are exceptionally stupid. Did anyone honestly think Iowa was going to start spring practice with Lainez as the #(1), with Cade being off the field?

Marco has to beat Deacon out. They are in competition for the spot and almost all of us expect Lainez to win that competition. But I don't see how anyone could have expected the spot to have been given to Marco coming into spring practice
Lolololol....

Yeah after last year's humdinger of a season by Deacon, it's going to be a steep hill to climb.

If Lainez can’t beat Deacon out he should just retire.

Yes. And why wouldn’t he be?

Hill got alllll those in-season reps and showed us he isn’t a good quarterback.

Ok KF stresses great defense.
controlled conservative offense.
No mistakes or turnover, how many RB did he bench along with WR that fumbled. Does not matter at QB.
Is Marco really that bad to not get more reps?

If Lainez can’t beat Deacon out he should just retire.
ML shouldn't have to "beat out" Deacon. Deacon's performance last year did enough to earn Lainez the position this year. For a coach who values ball security above all else to come out and name a guy who was a turnover machine as the starter just shows he's either clueless, senile, or on a personal vendetta to drive Iowa football into the ground.

Folks, we currently don’t have a QB in the room to run Lester’s offense. Let’s hope our D is elite and we can muster up an effective run game against loaded boxes.

• Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
ML shouldn't have to "beat out" Deacon. Deacon's performance last year did enough to earn Lainez the position this year. For a coach who values ball security above all else to come out and name a guy who was a turnover machine as the starter just shows he's either clueless, senile, or on a personal vendetta to drive Iowa football into the ground.
Maybe KF doesn't see ML as a team player or leader? No inside info.

I remember watching last falls open practice when Cade tweaked his knee and fatty went in.
I thought to myself this guy is terrible after throwing like his 5th interception. They can’t be saying anything along the lines that he does great in practice and it just doesn’t translate during game-day.

lol with Hills numbers from last year that should be enough to grab anyone off the street and make them qb1, Hill should not even be on the roster.

This is an unbelievably bad take.

lol with Hills numbers from last year that should be enough to grab anyone off the street and make them qb1, Hill should not even be on the roster.
106th (dead last) - Passing Efficiency
149th - Passing TDs
125th - Passing Yards
108th - Passing Yards per Game
106th (dead last) - Passing Yards per Completion

DH threw 5 TDs vs. 8 INTs and 6 fumbles lost last season. This is the guy who apparently has to be beaten out for the #1 QB spot at Iowa. Go get 'em Kirk!

7z9o.gif

This is an unbelievably bad take.
Unfortunately, he’s right about Ferentz’s approach to the quarterback situation.

It is an open competition right now even though it shouldn’t be. It shouldn’t be an open competition because Deacon Hill has no future as a P5 quarterback. None. He is severely limited and practice and experience won’t change that.

Marco Lainez at least has a chance to be decent. He needs all the reps he can get with the first team and shouldn’t be splitting them with a quarterback who has no future or dare I say…upside.

Unfortunately, he’s right about Ferentz’s approach to the quarterback situation.

It is an open competition right now even though it shouldn’t be. It shouldn’t be an open competition because Deacon Hill has no future as a P5 quarterback. None. He is severely limited and practice and experience won’t change that.

Marco Lainez at least has a chance to be decent. He needs all the reps he can get with the first team and shouldn’t be splitting them with a quarterback who has no future or dare I say…upside.
There's no other P5 program in the country that would've come out of last season, after everything played out the way it did, saying DH was still their #1 QB on the depth chart.

I'm starting to think KF is willingly sabotaging this program's offense as a way to try saving his son's professional reputation.

I will say based off player comments and videos it definitely looks different. Saw tons of shotgun today.

if by end of spring practice and marco still can't beat out deacon then he should feel extremely embarrassed and should just quit and go get a job at walmart
problem is he can look better in practice and be better in practice but KF will just have that feeling Hill will be better in games so he will have him higher...if I was Marco i would be in the transfer portal asap to get away from this shit show!

if by end of spring practice and marco still can't beat out deacon then he should feel extremely embarrassed and should just quit and go get a job at walmart

But perhaps he does beat him out, but still doesn't get the call. We've seen that crap before.

Reactions: dadster
For the last 6 years our offensive line hasn't given our QB's any time to throw the ball. The D linemen are hanging all over our QB's. If they don't get sacked they get knocked down on almost every attempt. Very few times have we seen a clean pocket. Tough to evaluate QB's when you can't pass protect. And you can't run block worth a crap either. It starts upfront boys....

The social media post said "getting reps". I am just hoping that Marco is getting a good share of reps and maybe another qb is getting 10% of reps. I am not going to scream about this if Hill gets 50-Marco gets 40 and another qb gets 10 percent of the reps.

Let the better qb surface in the last 10 days of spring practice

😡😡😡😡😡😡

Lolololol....

Yeah after last year's humdinger of a season by Deacon, it's going to be a steep hill to climb.
That is close to what I was going to say .
Iowa will have have on hell of a Hill to climb if Deacon is taking meaningful snaps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT