ADVERTISEMENT

Deacon Hill

From a Wiscy fan on another board about Hill:

"Big time cannon of an arm. Accuracy is horrible. You better hope he loses weight and keeps it off. This last spring he was close to 275lbs. Also was recruited by Jon Budmayr in his last season at Wisconsin. He was committed to Fordham via transfer portal until this week. Yeah he has a great arm. Even made dents in the Shell when they practiced indoors (80 yard field). His accuracy is left to be desired along with his weight gains.
Committed to Wisconsin as a 6'3" 230lb QB from Cali. Left Wisconsin to enter the transfer portal at 261lbs. All that weight is the not good weight too. He has alot of work to do, Just wanted to provide you guys in what you are getting as a QB. He did improve from Spring practice to fall camp on his weight from 275lbs down to 259lbs. Deacon Hill couldn't outrun a 320lb DT from New Mexico State. His weight issues were from last 9 ish months. That being said I thought he would have been amazing to stress a defense with his ability to throw it 70 yards down the field without having to step into it (this was from the public practice last spring). Admittedly I was definitely drunk on his arm talent...."
Strategy: Get a QB so big you can't sack him.

If this was reaction to May leaving it's whatever. He looks like a big, slow inaccurate doof. I don't expect him to ever be a meaningful contributor. If May caught wind they were trying to bring him in and thus left then stupid on the coaches.
How did he rate 4 stars in high school? Wasn't he big and slow then too?

I thought budmayr was full time staff now. Not just analyst part time job. I can't wait to see what hi role is now.
It was in the early fall but last I saw Budmayr was only on a 6 month contract. Have they already announced him as a full time guy or can we hold out hope they're waiting to announce his full time gig is the OC job?

truly baffling take if the guy is that heavy at his height... doesn't even project as OL project
hope budmayr isn't a manchurian candidate setting us up

:)

I hope he's at least co oc and qb coach. But i dont know. I thought with his active involvement with the team still going strong and the way kf has talked about him that he's staying. Plus it's something i heard when i was still in Iowa city
It was in the early fall but last I saw Budmayr was only on a 6 month contract. Have they already announced him as a full time guy or can we hold out hope they're waiting to announce his full time gig is the OC job?

Interesting I read otherwise but Chad usually has solid info, really enjoy his pods and Youtube discussions with Kenny!
He was talking with Brommelkamp and I did a double-take when he said it.

How did he rate 4 stars in high school? Wasn't he big and slow then too?

His star rating is absolutely meaningless and has nothing to do with him being big and slow. This isn't highschool anymore and we've had QBs here already that were 4 stars and stunk.

Live in Santa Barbara, and watched him play all four years of Santa Barbara high. Tried to tell you all he was a turd, but no one would listen lol. Rose colored glasses have strong sway…:(

Reactions: NI hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT