ADVERTISEMENT

Debunking Biden’s deficit claims, one by one

Nothing gets past you. Nothing.
I think we need you on that wall.
I originally asked how we'd pay for building a wall. You added other things to secure the border which has nothing to do with my question on building a wall. So, who's not tracking here?

And there are countless threads posting about the shit he does.

Pretty irrelevant to this thread.

Countless. Right now on the first page I see one.

I see a thread on Hunter Biden. And a large thread about how we are all dying from the COVID vaccine. But considering Iowa JUST had an election and overwhelming picked Trump to be the GOP nominee, hardly anything about Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Well, that's actually pretty close to true. However, those conservatives who are actively working against Trump are important.

Criticism of specific issues with Biden is fine. But, as you are ignoring this, I am emphasizing a pattern of behavior. Bin constantly criticizes Biden, and frequently starts threads about him. But never, ever, starts a thread critical of Trump. And, even here, when he does criticize Trump he quickly follows it with, basically, "but Biden is worse."

When you constantly criticize Biden, and have very little to say about Trump, you demonstrate a priority that is not in alignment with America's needs at this point in history. You certain indicate you are unconcerned about another Trump Presidency, and do not recognize the existential threat he poses to our country.

It is the conservatives who are not fighting Trump tooth-and-nail right now who are dropping the ball. Their priorities are screwed up.
Bin addresses your concerns in post #71. And FWIW, he's spot on when he says, "Trump is no longer President". I'm in the same camp. Personally, I couldn't care less about that a-hat. I didn't vote for him, I won't vote for him and if idiots re-elect him, I'll deal with it at that point. Aside from not voting for him and getting my own parents back in line, what else can I do about his shenanigans?

Biden is our current president and there's nothing wrong with, as you put it, "Criticizing specific issues...". Let Chis and others handle the 1000K+ daily Trump threads, they've got it covered.

I originally asked how we'd pay for building a wall. You added other things to secure the border which has nothing to do with my question on building a wall. So, who's not tracking here?
I took it as a question about how we’d secure the border.

Sorry for not picking up on your pedantry immediately.

Carry on.

Biden is our current president and there's nothing wrong with, as you put it, "Criticizing specific issues...". Let Chis and others handle the 1000K+ daily Trump threads, they've got it covered.
Blowing out the budget isn't specific enough for art :)

Revenues were $1.1 trillion through Q1 FY2024, an increase of 8%
Outlays were $1.6 trillion through Q1 FY2024, an increase of 12%

Fix the spending problem.
The economy that has to fund this isn’t growing at 8% or 12% per year…

Reactions: TennNole17
Blowing out the budget isn't specific enough for art :)
“Blowing out the budget” discussions seem to be limited to when Dems are in office and elections are near. Different rules seem to be in play when discussing this particular topic.
Now tell me how much more fiducially responsible Republican congresses and Presidents are than Democrats.
While you are at it, remind us all how Trump raised taxes on America when he enacted tariffs on China...and never a whimper from you and yours. If I remember correctly, when Dems talked about “tariffs” the opposition screamed it was just another raise in taxes. Trump does it...and all you talk about is how he is making America great again.

Reactions: nelly02 and Kelsers
“Blowing out the budget” discussions seem to be limited to when Dems are in office and elections are near. Different rules seem to be in play when discussing this particular topic.
Now tell me how much more fiducially responsible Republican congresses and Presidents are than Democrats.
While you are at it, remind us all how Trump raised taxes on America when he enacted tariffs on China...and never a whimper from you and yours. If I remember correctly, when Dems talked about “tariffs” the opposition screamed it was just another raise in taxes. Trump does it...and all you talk about is how he is making America great again.
Trump conspiring with Schumer and Pelosi to get rid of the debt ceiling and rack up trillions more in debt are one of the few things Democrats supported during the Trump administration.

Unfortunately, Joe is spending like a drunken sailor and the country may never recover from his reckless spending spree.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Countless. Right now on the first page I see one.

I see a thread on Hunter Biden. And a large thread about how we are all dying from the COVID vaccine. But considering Iowa JUST had an election and overwhelming picked Trump to be the GOP nominee, hardly anything about Trump.

But what does Trump have to do with this issue?

He hasn't been president in 3 years.

I took it as a question about how we’d secure the border.

Sorry for not picking up on your pedantry immediately.

Carry on.
Ah, so no $ for the wall then. Like the other security measures you mentioned, but that would take some changes to budgets or how military and/or other fed agencies work to patrol/secure/monitor the border.

Ah, so no $ for the wall then. Like the other security measures you mentioned, but that would take some changes to budgets or how military and/or other fed agencies work to patrol/secure/monitor the border.
I think there are plenty of places a physical barrier makes the most sense.
We have hundreds of billions of dollars being spent by the DoD.
We can dump some of that money on defending our border instead of defending other countries’ borders.

Obama had no problem gifting half a billion to help the Jordanians build border barriers to Syria:

The Obama administration is spending close to a half a billion dollars to build a sophisticated electronic fence along Jordan's northern and eastern borders, a wall which US strategic planners hope will stem the flow of refugees and also wall off the increasingly important American base from the disintegration of Syria and Iraq.
The wall, which began as a $20 million project in 2008 to erect a set of surveillance towers along a 30-mile (50 km) stretch of the border with Syria, has since expanded into a program costing half a billion dollars, according to defense officials who spoke to VICE News. Called the Jordan Border Security Program or JBSP, the wall is ostensibly meant to stop weapons of mass destruction from getting out, but since 2013 has refocused on detecting Islamic State fighters and arms smuggling, as well as refugees, on both sides of the border.

Reactions: Finance85
Wall St Journal article last Saturday(1/13) analyzed the Trump/GOP plan on taxes vs the Biden proposal.
The difference? 6 trillion bigger deficit under Trump/GOP plan over next 10 years.

Same edition had a front page story on the deflationary spiral in China that threatens the worst economic fallout/recession since 1998 for all of Asia.
Chinese are considering a huge stimulus plan to avoid the worst.

The worst thing possible for the deficit is a recession/depression.
Mild inflation is way better than deflation.

Reactions: joelbc1
Dimon is a banker.
Biden's tax proposal raises taxes on his corporation from 20% to 28%.
All those corporate elites will be siding with those maga folks who say they hate the elites.
Trump is one of those elites they say they hate..go figure.
And Bankers have their agendas too…..theirs is MONEY…..Investor bankers want more money (for them)……Main Street banks are not their concern.

What is this New World Order business?

Roman Reigns Game GIF by 2K Games

Reactions: DFSNOLE
The seem that way because Dems love spending a fraction more, and it's doubtful you pay much attention when people criticize the GOP for spending, especially those you consider right wingers or MAGA.

Maybe the Democrats can find some other assets to sell. That would make a nice footnote to "Bidenomics." This would be in lieu of borrowing additional money.

Early on, they were selling bonds from the Fed's portfolio and then they were selling oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. Hopefully they still own some of this stuff.

We could start selling our highways and Federal Buildings and leasing them back. We could also sell oil leases and fracking rights on Federal Lands and in offshore waters. The BLM owns millions of acres of land across the West. That could all be sold for development or minerals exploration. We could auction off the Government's patent portfolio as well. Then when all the values of all of this stuff declined 10-20 years down the road, we could buy everything back ... or simply declare bankruptcy.

(Just like Sears did; they went for years with just such a smoke and mirrors strategy.)

The worst thing possible for a deficit is more spending.

What particular advantage do you accrue by losing purchasing power versus gaining purchasing power?
Japan in the 90's were stuck in a deflationary spiral. Economic growth flat, govt revenues go down. People stop buying in anticipation of lower prices ahead...economic activity grinds downward.

Weird response.

That's a no by the way.

Sooner or later the ballooning budget deficit is gonna leave a serious mark.

If I've learned anything from this site:

Don't like Biden? Racist, MAGA, unintelligent, 1/6 supporter.

Question current policies? (even when you pointed out how Trump sucked) Racist, MAGA, unintelligent, 1/6 supporter

Question VP Harris? Racist, MAGA, unintelligent, 1/6 supporter.

Support another R candidate (even if you are a never Trumper)? Racist, MAGA, unintelligent, 1/6 supporter.

I hate political parties. And Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT