ADVERTISEMENT

Debunking Biden’s deficit claims, one by one

It's both.
Bullshit.

We have historical revenue coming into the Federal government right now.
If we had this kind of revenue in the Clinton era we would have had actual surpluses (not the accounting gimmicks that don't include the debt interest expense that required growing the debt every year of Clinton's presidency).

In the 110 year history of the federal income tax we've collected over 20% of GDP in taxes once.

That's it.

In 1991 federal spending was at 21.7% of GDP.

By the end of Clinton's presidency, under the brutal federal austerity we all recall as a booming economy, federal spending fell by 1999 to 18% of GDP.

Biden predicts federal spending will surpass 24% of GDP for the next decade, while tax collections are expected to be over 19% of GDP.

It's a spending problem. Always has been.

No. But the “ballooning deficits” is just your talking point of the day. So regulars on here will be forgiven to take what you post in context. In one year our President is going to be either Biden or Trump. It is clear who your preference is.

And, btw, deficit spending is Economics 101 for reviving a struggling economy, and COVID was the most economically disruptive event in my lifetime. Of any of our lifetimes.
And you know who we can blame for the Covid issues we face today Art.

• For the period from October 2023 through December 2023, the budget deficit totaled just shy of $510 billion, following a shortfall of $129.4 billion in December alone.
  • The deficit has continued to pile up despite the Biden administration's assurances that the Inflation Reduction Act, in addition to reducing prices, would shave "hundreds of billions" off the deficit.

So will Trump be able to lower the interest rates?

The fact that you post 10x as much negative material about Biden while NEVER starting a threat critical of the leader of the GOP tells everyone where your head is. That’s why you got the response.
I think the anti-trump threads are pretty much covered here. Best Bins could hope for is a hat trick Pepsi.

Reactions: seminole97
Bullshit.

We have historical revenue coming into the Federal government right now.
If we had this kind of revenue in the Clinton era we would have had actual surpluses (not the accounting gimmicks that don't include the debt interest expense that required growing the debt every year of Clinton's presidency).

In the 110 year history of the federal income tax we've collected over 20% of GDP in taxes once.

That's it.

In 1991 federal spending was at 21.7% of GDP.

By the end of Clinton's presidency, under the brutal federal austerity we all recall as a booming economy, federal spending fell by 1999 to 18% of GDP.

Biden predicts federal spending will surpass 24% of GDP for the next decade, while tax collections are expected to be over 19% of GDP.

It's a spending problem. Always has been.
If you’re serious about cutting the deficit and/making an actual dent in the debt, I see no way to do that without attacking it on both sides.

Reactions: Kelsers
Nothing is your strong suit other than posting stupidity. Try actually refuting something with facts once in awhile, cult member.
In the 1950s, when we had confiscatory income tax rates, federal tax collection averaged 16.7% of GDP, and was never higher than 18.5%.

In the 1990s federal tax collection averaged 17.9% of GDP.
Federal spending averaged 20% in the same decade.
The key was the trend. Going from 21.7% of GDP in spending during 1991 to 18% of GDP by 1999.

Biden's budget proposal predicts no less than 24% of GDP spending by the federal government for the next decade.

We have a spending problem, and some people can't bring themselves to talk about it.

Last edited:
If you’re serious about cutting the deficit and/making an actual dent in the debt, I see no way to do that without attacking it on both sides.
I would say that when collections are at a historical level it's being attacked successfully on that side.
Pinning hopes on setting new tax collection records seems unwise.

Spending has to be brought back to normal.

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
No. But the “ballooning deficits” is just your talking point of the day. So regulars on here will be forgiven to take what you post in context.
Nope. Been bitching about the deficit since I’ve been on the board…which is a lot longer than you.
Trump spends liberally....deficit has ballooned since he took office.

Important point. Americans at every level to include government and corporations haven’t operated by that principle in a very long time.

Trump blows up the deficit before the pandemic and we find ourselves reminiscing for the Obama days when it was down to “only” 650B a year.

Sad state of affairs for sure.

I think the anti-trump threads are pretty much covered here. Best Bins could hope for is a hat trick Pepsi.

As long as Trump is the leader of the GOP there can not be enough threads critical of him and his supporters. And when someone comes here every single day starting threads critical of Biden while never, ever, starting threads critical of Trump I’m going to point out that despite their protestations they clearly are closer to Trump than to the good of our country.

This thread was never about the deficits. It is about finding any excuse to criticize Biden, deflecting from Trump as he marches through the GOP prim.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
As long as Trump is the leader of the GOP there can not be enough threads critical of him and his supporters. And when someone comes here every single day starting threads critical of Biden while never, ever, starting threads critical of Trump I’m going to point out that despite their protestations they clearly are closer to Trump than to the good of our country.

This thread was never about the deficits. It is about finding any excuse to criticize Biden, deflecting from Trump as he marches through the GOP prim.
As we all know, Biden spends at unprecedented and dangerous And really unsustainable levels. Hard to imagine the damage to the country after four more years of his hapless admin. And no way can guffawing Kamala ever be President.

Reactions: hwk23
I guess no one wants to actually address the article.
Must be avoided at all costs.

Trump blew out the budget...no argument.

Biden blew past Trumps total in 3 years. He did that with Trumps monster $3T 2020 covid budget deficit in the mix...think about that. 2024 is on course for a $2T post covid budget deficit with a relatively good economy.

Simply unsustainable levels of spending.

Last edited:

In summary, if you're against Biden, you support Trump. Got it.

Trump blew out the budget deficit

2017 $670B
2018 $780B
2019 $980B
2020 $3.31T

4 year total 5.56T. Yikes

Joe said "Hold my beer".

2021 2.77T
2022 1.38T
2023 1.70T

3 year total 5.85T. Double Yikes!!!

Conclusion...we're F'd.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
How are we going to pay for that wall and the necessary manpower to guard and monitor it?

How could a country that spends over $800 billion on ‘defense’ find the money to defend its own border? Mystery of our age, no doubt.
The military contractors deep into our politicians pockets aren't going to allow that to be shifted to construction.

The military contractors deep into our politicians pockets aren't going to allow that to be shifted to construction.
It can be shifted to drones and spy blimps and all kinds of shiny toys to observe, detect and interdict at the border.

Must be avoided at all costs.

Trump blew out the budget...no argument.

Biden blew past Trumps total in 3 years. He did that with Trumps monster $3T 2020 covid budget deficit in the mix...think about that. 2024 is on course for a $2T post covid budget deficit with a relatively good economy.

Simply unsustainable levels of spending.
Aren't there two sides to the equation? Like Sober said, tax revenue has to be raised and be a part of getting the deficit under control.

In summary, if you're against Biden, you support Trump. Got it.

Well, that's actually pretty close to true. However, those conservatives who are actively working against Trump are important.

Criticism of specific issues with Biden is fine. But, as you are ignoring this, I am emphasizing a pattern of behavior. Bin constantly criticizes Biden, and frequently starts threads about him. But never, ever, starts a thread critical of Trump. And, even here, when he does criticize Trump he quickly follows it with, basically, "but Biden is worse."

When you constantly criticize Biden, and have very little to say about Trump, you demonstrate a priority that is not in alignment with America's needs at this point in history. You certain indicate you are unconcerned about another Trump Presidency, and do not recognize the existential threat he poses to our country.

It is the conservatives who are not fighting Trump tooth-and-nail right now who are dropping the ball. Their priorities are screwed up.

But, as you are ignoring this, I am emphasizing a pattern of behavior. Bin constantly criticizes Biden, and frequently starts threads about him. But never, ever, starts a thread critical of Trump. And, even here, when he does criticize Trump he quickly follows it with, basically, "but Biden is worse."
1. False

2. Trump is no longer President

3. There are so many Trump threads on this left leaning board that I'm pretty sure everything has been covered. Wouldn't want to pepsi :)

Reactions: TennNole17
1. False

2. Trump is no longer President

3. There are so many Trump threads on this left leaning board that I'm pretty sure everything has been covered. Wouldn't want to pepsi :)

LOL! You went back to 2017 to find a post critical of Trump. The newest post you cited was 2019!

One year from now either Trump or Biden will be president. You are criticizing Biden 10x as much as Trump. We know who you are.

LOL! You went back to 2017 to find a post critical of Trump. The newest post you cited was 2019!

One year from now either Trump or Biden will be president. You are criticizing Biden 10x as much as Trump. We know who you are.
When was Trump president art?

I'm pretty sure the Trump v Biden ratio of threads is around 2:1 so no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Face it...you're full of crap as usual.

What's with the "we" crap? When did you get elected board spokeperson?

Reactions: TennNole17
When was Trump president art?

I'm pretty sure the Trump v Biden ratio of threads is around 2:1 so no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Face it...you're full of crap as usual.

What's with the "we" crap? When did you get elected board spokeperson?

Why aren't you posting critical threads of a man who hasn't been president in 3 years?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT