ADVERTISEMENT

Democrat running for Arizona gov is latest to support no limits on abortion

This was my post -

Just for grins, assuming that's the case, then why would anyone support abortion until birth? Why wouldn't there be a Casey test?

I'd say that makes Casey relevant. Your response was

???? Because there are many times when the fetus or the mother develop complications.

Casey provides for issues with the health of the mother.
As I said. I answered your question. There's more to it than the just the health of the mother. That's why it's irrelevant.

Just for grins, assuming that's the case, then why would anyone support abortion until birth? Why wouldn't there be a Casey test?

???? Because there are many times when the fetus or the mother develop complications.

This was my post -

I'd say that makes Casey relevant. Your response was

Casey provides for issues with the health of the mother.
Why, with Roe now gone, do you think Casey has any judicial relevance now? Casey was a case that further defined Roe.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Why, with Roe now gone, do you think Casey has any judicial relevance now? Casey was a case that further defined Roe.
First of all, Casey superseded Roe, it didn't further define it. That's another topic though. I brought Casey up because the pro-abortion people accepted it.

I never said Casey had relevance now. Why do you think I said that?

I posed a hypothetical on why a Casey standard wouldn't work as an alternative to supporting abortion on demand until birth. That in response to a post by Tom Paris that nobody ever gets an abortion at the last minute.

LoL. OK. There's nothing in Casey that should be objectionable, and would have been a better answer to the abortion question, unless you actually do support abortion on demand right up until birth.
I don't see anyone claiming your assertion at the end of your post. Quite the opposite. Posters have gone out of their way to explain that abortions are only happening for late term pregnancies when medical complications apply.

First of all, Casey superseded Roe, it didn't further define it. That's another topic though. I brought Casey up because the pro-abortion people accepted it.

I posed a hypothetical on why a Casey standard wouldn't work as an alternative to supporting abortion on demand until birth. That in response to a post by Tom Paris that nobody ever gets an abortion at the last minute.
Who is arguing that we should have abortion on demand at all times of a pregnancy?

5:25 mark to 6:10

Decide for yourselves.

she said this decision should be made by the mother and her physician....and you think she is saying she favors abortion at full term......Methinks you are looking for something that is not there.....so I guess you are going to vote for the treasonist Lake because of this?

politicians shouldn’t put limits on a doctor’s ability to best care for a patient.
What if an expectant mother wants to terminate a pregnancy at 8 months and a doctor says, gulp...I'm not real comfortable with that. Who should intervene?

What if an expectant mother wants to terminate a pregnancy at 8 months and a doctor says, gulp...I'm not real comfortable with that. Who should intervene?
More realistic scenario would be....What if a mother, 5 years after giving birth says......"I want an abortion!" Who should intervene?
alaska...you ask silly questions......there are laws and rules in effect...and their always has been. Remember.....life ain't perfect...and it sure as hell doesn't work out as you or I want it to. But honestly alaska, yo may one helluva nice guy...a real Christian, as it were, but I don't think what you want or think is how my kids, grandkids or anyone else's others kids should have to live by. It is a woman/doctor decision.

More realistic scenario would be....What if a mother, 5 years after giving birth says......"I want an abortion!" Who should intervene?
alaska...you ask silly questions......there are laws and rules in effect...and their always has been. Remember.....life ain't perfect...and it sure as hell doesn't work out as you or I want it to. But honestly alaska, yo may one helluva nice guy...a real Christian, as it were, but I don't think what you want or think is how my kids, grandkids or anyone else's others kids should have to live by. It is a woman/doctor decision.
Personally, I just want to see an effort on both sides to understand the issue without the conversation being reduced to either:

YOU WANT TO CONTROL WOMEN!
YOU WANT TO KILL BABIES!

In most cases the above is no where near true. It's lazy and disingenuous. Sure there are people who are guilty of being pro-birth only. But the majority of those who adopt are, in fact, Christians (I posted the study findings earlier in the summer).

I'm also not clueless to the fact that there is legitimate debate on when a fetus is considered a person.

Regardless, I'd like to find ways to reduce abortions; especially as a means of birth control. I think abstinence is a ridiculous model for the Evangelicals to subscribe to. It's just not realistic. I'd like to see more of an effort made towards safe sex education, more programs for single moms, accountability to dead-beat fathers (getting pregnant shouldn't be life altering just for the mother). There's a lot that can be done and as a quazi-pro-life person, I 100% support abortion for the safety of the mother, rape, incest, etc. I'd really like to see the overall abortions come way down and there are ways to do that w/o going to war with each other regarding the two statements in bold above.

Personally, I just want to see an effort on both sides to understand the issue without the conversation being reduced to either:

YOU WANT TO KILL BABIES!

In most cases the above is no where near true. It's lazy and disingenuous. Sure there are people who are guilty of being pro-birth only. But the majority of those who adopt are, in fact, Christians (I posted the study findings earlier in the summer).

I'm also not clueless to the fact that there is legitimate debate on when a fetus is considered a person.

Regardless, I'd like to find ways to reduce abortions; especially as a means of birth control. I think abstinence is a ridiculous model for the Evangelicals to subscribe to. It's just not realistic. I'd like to see more of an effort made towards safe sex education, more programs for single moms, accountability to dead-beat fathers (getting pregnant shouldn't be life altering just for the mother). There's a lot that can be done and as a quazi-pro-life person, I 100% support abortion for the safety of the mother, rape, incest, etc. I'd really like to see the overall abortions come way down and there are ways to do that w/o going to war with each other regarding the two statements in bold above.
19490.jpeg

YOU WANT TO KILL BABIES!

"abortion" has been an ingenuous debate ever since it has been raised. There is a lot of shit that goes on every day that shouldn't happen.....my advise is real simple though....If you oppose abortion, then don't abort. No one is making anyone abort are they? Honestly, I believe in most cases a fetus that has been aborted clinically is probably better off than if it was carried full term into an unwanted situation.

We are living right now what happens when the reasonable side agrees to some common sense limits with the side advocating for complete abolition. Give them an inch, they take a mile. This is a decision for a woman and her doctor is the correct answer in every single case where abortion is being discussed. Period.

I’ve offered this with nearly every Republican, all I get is complete silence. A bargain. A nationwide ban on abortion at 15-20 weeks. Make up a number. But, in return, absolutely no restrictions on abortion prior to that. No waiting periods. No sonograms. No fake clinic rules. Complete and total availability of abortion prior that Number. Yeah or nay!
Bump @NorthernHawkeye

Democrat running for Arizona gov is latest to support no limits on abortion

Jesus child. You cannot understand anything that is not yes or no, black or white.
Your ability to negotiate anything complicated seems to be very limited. Yet, you start thread after thread acting like you are a deep thinker. Are you paid to post?

I'm tend to be somewhat conflicted on this issue.

On one hand, do we really want woman of ill repute (those that have an abortion simply because they don't want the baby) procreating?

But on the other hand, I'm certain that we need to protect at stages of viability.

I also feel that there should be exceptions in the case of rape, incest and the life of the mother.

It's a complicated issue.

I can assure you of this, I'm not on the extreme end of this issue. I take a more pragmatic approach.

I'm open to reasonable discussion.

It is unreasonable to NOT have a week limit.

Reactions: Hawkman34
Let’s just bump choice up to 18 and get it over with. Lots of people regret actually following through with a pregnancy. Simple way to free up cash and time for consumers.

JFC - you're all over the board. First you think Casey has relevance, when I point out it doesn't you try to claim it does and then say "I never said Casey had relevance". Why bring it up then?

Classic Finance. Just can't make this shit up.

On one hand, do we really want woman of ill repute (those that have an abortion simply because they don't want the baby) procreating?

But on the other hand, I'm certain that we need to protect at stages of viability.

I also feel that there should be exceptions in the case of rape, incest and the life of the mother.

I can assure you of this, I'm not on the extreme end of this issue. I take a more pragmatic approach.

So take a ****ing stance. Sounds like you're on board with 22 weeks + and then exceptions in the case of complications that risk the fetus or the mother. Yes or no on that?

Reactions: Ree4

What about those 1st graders who were blown away in school by a mentally ill gun but….yet we refuse to do anything to reign in tge gun/firearm? Yes, it is complicated…. The whole damned mess is complicated!

Thanks for the reply. The issue that I have is that it’s easy to paint the odd Democrat as extreme when the mainstream Republicans position is the opposite extreme. Neither side seems to want to compromise. about anythjng really.

NO women walk into a clinic with a healthy fetus at 8 months and say they changed their mind. Absolutely no women ask the doctor to kill a viable baby at birth. Give me an effing break with that BS. Good God.
Does the president influence gas prices?

What if both are comfortable? Point is there should be some limitations...we're an advanced, first world country.

FYI: I'm not a 100% no abortions and put all potential pregnancy terminators in prison type.

I’m curious, how many women at 8+months pregnant with no medical issues that could threaten either the baby or the mother do you think opt for abortions at that point of the pregnancy? Personally, I’m guessing near-zero.

There’s very few people out there advocating for ZERO limitations on abortions. Of course it’s also true that the deeper into a pregnancy a woman goes, it becomes exponentially more likely that an abortion is medically related, especially in the third trimester.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT