ADVERTISEMENT

Dems Plan to Fund Gov't By Passing Bills Already Approved by GOP Senate

huh?

There are constitution hasn't changed. If you're under the impression that the constitution demands all votes come to the floor you haven't been paying attention. Like the entire time we've been a country.

As as an aside, there is no chance that the Republicans would vote to override a presidential veto of a clean CR. And they won't be forced by leadership to take a vote on it accordingly. On occasion bills are left off consideration to avoid placing senators in a position that isn't politically tenable.

It isn't relevant that they may have supported this piece of legislation in the past. Bills brought to the floor come in both their literal form and the context of politics at the time. One cannot assert in a legitimate way that because someone was for something once at one moment in time that they are hypocrites if they vote it down another. This is the whole watching sausage get made aspect of our process.

But to claim this violates the constitution is below you natural. You're smarter and more honest than that.
Yes I do believe all bills should get a vote. Especially all bills that already passed one chamber. That’s the norm. Then the president can veto it. The GOP is once again short circuiting the republic and denying the people representation. It’s wrong and you should be offended.

I love that we have a president who is unilaterally keeping the shutdown going simply because he doesn't want to look foolish. So worth Trump's vanity.

Reactions: silasstarr
What do you know of independents? Youre the furthest thing from it. Near certain forthcoming assertions to the contrary notwithstanding.
Coming from you...

e8a.gif

And I'm certain that there will be "forthcoming assertions to the contrary"...which will give me another chuckle.

Reactions: silasstarr
I'm surprised you understood the sentence tbh.

I see you avoided the actual topic. Im not the one that claimed insight to independents. I only claimed to know what the right thinks. I pretty sure I have standing in that regard.

So your 'what about you' argument falls flat.

Last edited:
No. I hate the wall because it’s a waste of 100’s of billions of dollars that will do nothing to slow illegal immigration. It’s just a giant symbol to appease the racists in his base.

Anyone that actually wants to stop illegal immigration would hate spending this money on the wall as it sucks bigly resources from something that might actually work.

So should the United States tear down the existing border walls?

No. I hate the wall because it’s a waste of 100’s of billions of dollars that will do nothing to slow illegal immigration. It’s just a giant symbol to appease the racists in his base.

Anyone that actually wants to stop illegal immigration would hate spending this money on the wall as it sucks bigly resources from something that might actually work.

So should the United States tear down the existing border walls?

Not if it costs more money to remove than upkeep...which I assume it would.

I predict the shutdown will last more than one month, easily.

No $5 billion physical barrier funding and no dreamer fix will ensure this.

Something close to The Gang of 8 bill could solve things, but Trump and the Dems will need to cut a deal.
Link to Gang of 8 bill? Or summary of points that would fix things?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT