ADVERTISEMENT

Dems, would you take a Trump victory to guarantee an Iowa Football National Championship?

Sell your political soul for sports?

• Total voters
I would two girls and a cup with Goldmom to keep Trump out.
Christian Bale Oooo GIF

I would rather eat a tenderloin smothered in Heinz ketchup, tater tot casserole, quad city pizza and Necco candy wafers chased down with root beer while watching ISU win a NC than have that POS be president again.
If Trump wins, what will you do?

Well Dirty… you know Iowa has a NC already? 1958, Iowa won the Look Magazine's #1 college football ranking…It’s legitimacy is recognized because Look Magazine was the only college football poll that was taken after the year’s bowl games were played. Back in those days, “final polls” were taken after the regular season was concluded.
I’m thinking the Look trophy is on display at the UI H of F….
Enjoy your new found pride in UIowa football! ;)

Well Dirty… you know Iowa has a NC already? 1958, Iowa won the Look Magazine's #1 college football ranking…It’s legitimacy is recognized because Look Magazine was the only college football poll that was taken after the year’s bowl games were played. Back in those days, “final polls” were taken after the regular season was concluded.
I’m thinking the Look trophy is on display at the UI H of F….
Enjoy your new found pride in UIowa football! ;)
I'm sorry you had to type all that

I'm sorry you had to type all that
No problem… it was my pleasure. I just really don’t like “rewritten” history….Now CNN it’s been a long time but UIowa does have a football ancho it’s credit. That ‘58 team was probably the most talented (offensively) FB team Iowa City has ever had. Duncan, Jeter, Fleming, Nocera, Horn, Furlong and Gravel….all in the backfield! (So many then because players had to play both ways… but damn good teams…Jeter and Fleming were great runners and a screen pass always had a damn good chance to go all the way!
I was about 9 years old then…I saw them play tOSU (lost) and Notre Dame (win) on consecutive weeks in November that year…Put it this way… that 1958 offense was better than last years UIowa defense! They just flat out-scored opponents damn near every week. (Except for that goddamned Bob White!)

No problem… it was my pleasure. I just really don’t like “rewritten” history….Now CNN it’s been a long time but UIowa does have a football ancho it’s credit. That ‘58 team was probably the most talented (offensively) FB team Iowa City has ever had. Duncan, Jeter, Fleming, Nocera, Horn, Furlong and Gravel….all in the backfield! (So many then because players had to play both ways… but damn good teams…Jeter and Fleming were great runners and a screen pass always had a damn good chance to go all the way!
I was about 9 years old then…I saw them play tOSU (lost) and Notre Dame (win) on consecutive weeks in November that year…Put it this way… that 1958 offense was better than last years UIowa defense! They just flat out-scored opponents damn near every week. (Except for that goddamned Bob White!)
Iowa went 8-1-1
LSU was 11-0 and was ranked 1 by the AP and UPI polls

Iowa went 8-1-1
LSU was 11-0 and was ranked 1 by the AP and UPI polls
I faux pas’d! I apologize… It wasn’t “Look” magazine but the Football Writer’s of America that made UIowa their final #1 ranking! Again that award was the only college football award made after the bowl games were played. The rationalization the Football Writer’s gave was UIowa’s much tougher schedule during the season and the fact that UIowa rik-rolled Cal in the Rose Bowl whereas LSU barely squeaked by in their bowl game. But Iowa does have a recognized NC to their credit. The Grantland Rice Award was given by the Football Writer’s to their #1 ranked team in the nation…following the 1958 season their choice was UIowa. Again, the Grantland Rice Trophy is on display at the UI Gall of Fame.

Again, I apologize for my faux pas! But I will usually trust my rote memory to what is published in Wikipedia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT