ADVERTISEMENT

Departed Pac-12 Teams Remain Tied to Conference Bowl Affiliation

So basically the 12 Pac-12 teams are under contract to participate in non-CFP bowls until the contract expires?..........

That should clear up trying to find spots for the dozen or so bowl-bound teams next season.

If I'm understanding that right, essentially an 8-4 Washington team isn't gonna steal a Music City Bowl bid from 8-4 Purdue.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
So basically the 12 Pac-12 teams are under contract to participate in non-CFP bowls until the contract expires?..........

That should clear up trying to find spots for the dozen or so bowl-bound teams next season.

If I'm understanding that right, essentially an 8-4 Washington team isn't gonna steal a Music City Bowl bid from 8-4 Purdue.
Something like that.

With the Las Vegas Bowl being Pac-12/SEC in '24, Washington/Oregon/USC/UCLA won't end up in games facing other B1G teams, and one of them will almost certainly be in the Alamo Bowl.

I don't think it will be "until the contract expires." I think this is a 1-year transition, giving OSU/WSU time to find a landing spot and bowls time to re-negotiate based on the new alignment (which will hopefully include TV contracts; don't like B1G teams being forced to play exclusively on ESPN networks in the postseason).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT