ADVERTISEMENT

Depression

Talk therapy is a good start, I'd also have cholesterol levels checked, too low cholesterol levels can have direct effect on brain chemistry,
Medication should be a last resort but is sometimes necessary.

If you think you have depression go to a doctor and talk to someone. Don't try to tough through it alone with the advice from HROT.

This was the perfect opportunity for us to recommend perineum sunning. Now he’s going to go talk to a doctor.

Best of luck, OP. Talking to a doctor is the right call. They can recommend CBT, medication, or lifestyle changes that can really make a difference.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I heard posting photos of boobs on HROT helps

Feeling better. Thanks.

JMnv0wq.jpg

Has anyone here had or know someone that has had depression in the past? How was it dealt with?

I'm a Seminoles fan, so yeah. I dealt with it by getting Taggart fired. I'm on a new drug called Norvell. Will let the board know how that works out.

Everyone is different. If you think you have depression go to a doctor and talk to someone. Don't try to tough through it alone with the advice from HROT.

No one gets bonus points for dealing with depression on their own.

Thank you. It is difficult to figure out how to take that first step when the lows hit but it’s probably time.

Talk therapy is a good start, I'd also have cholesterol levels checked, too low cholesterol levels can have direct effect on brain chemistry,
Medication should be a last resort but is sometimes necessary.
Having a close relative with depression makes me wonder about some of this advice.

Everyone is different. If you think you have depression go to a doctor and talk to someone. Don't try to tough through it alone with the advice from HROT.

True. ^^ The limited number of times that I have been involved in a situation where someone was in depression has taught me this...no two situations are the same. For me, as a non-professional in that field, it is a bit frustrating to not be able to reliably use previous experiences with others as guides to helping others.

Get real, professional help as soon as possible.

I tried to commit suicide about 3 years ago. I stopped feeling sorry for myself, weaned myself of of SSRI’s, took a succession of macro doses of mushrooms, still micro dose mushrooms, and have never felt better in my life.

Reactions: h-hawk
I tried to commit suicide about 3 years ago. I stopped feeling sorry for myself, weaned myself of of SSRI’s, took a succession of macro doses of mushrooms, still micro dose mushrooms, and have never felt better in my life.
Yes lots of us have experience. Step one is admitting you have a problem. Step two is talking to your doctor about it.

I have heard a lot about the use of psychedelics on podcasts. Specifically on the Tim Ferris show. Not only for depression but for PTSD, anxiety, and addictions. Of course it’s illegal in the US.

I like to do mushrooms at an amusement park. It sure makes waiting in lines fun for me. Maybe not for the people waiting behind me. :)

How is your diet and blood sugar? If you eat and drink a lot of sugar it could contribute to your issue. If you're not eating clean, cut out all of the bad foods and drink and see how you feel. Not saying don't go to the doctor too, but I would try diet and exercise before I started popping the pills they'll push on you...

Two of my kids deal with depression. My youngest son is on 2 different medications and handles it pretty well. My youngest daughter has tried a couple of different meds but does OK without them with talk therapy and is closely monitored by a by a nurse practitioner. It can be a bitch, reach out for the pros.

Many people that haven't personally experienced clinical depression, and many people that have experienced the symptoms of clinical depression but haven't been treated, assume that it has been triggered by things going on in their lives. Money troubles, marriage problems, pressure at work, etc.

While that may be accurate for some, the root cause is likely to be your body chemistry at work, or not working. Your body isn't producing the right balance of chems that the brain needs to feel happiness. That's why the first step is to talk to your family doctor.

I just read that almost 13% of the US population is taking some form of depression med. I imagine that another 13% could probably benefit from depression meds.

It's common.

I have dealt with depression and anxiety since my early twenties and they generally go hand in hand. I always thought people that had depression just needed to "snap out of it" until I ended up getting it. Worst thing I have ever gone through in my life by far. Talk therapy helps and in the end had to get on a stable amount of medication for it to subside. Your natural instinct is to seclude yourself when it starts but that is probably the worst thing people can do. Go get help- its very common.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT