ADVERTISEMENT

since Nebbie fans tout their top players

Well the poster I was addressing went back 65 years to find a “claimed” NC for Iowa, 1958 I believe. 1958 was a season that absolutely no one outside the state of Iowa considers Iowa the NC as LSU had a much more impressive season and was awarded the AP NC. Just to clarify, I have no problem if someone believes no NC before the CFP is legitimate, but the vast majority of football fans believe that the
AP/Coaches Poll/BCS/CFP awarded NCs are the gold standard. Iowa fans are the only fan base Ive come across where their team has no AP/Coaches Poll/BCS/CFP NCs yet they attempt to legitimize their “claimed” titles.

If you’re going to interrupt please try and keep up.
Take it up with the NCAA, they are the ones who recognize it.

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
Well the poster I was addressing went back 65 years to find a “claimed” NC for Iowa, 1958 I believe. 1958 was a season that absolutely no one outside the state of Iowa considers Iowa the NC as LSU had a much more impressive season and was awarded the AP NC. Just to clarify, I have no problem if someone believes no NC before the CFP is legitimate, but the vast majority of football fans believe that the
AP/Coaches Poll/BCS/CFP awarded NCs are the gold standard. Iowa fans are the only fan base Ive come across where their team has no AP/Coaches Poll/BCS/CFP NCs yet they attempt to legitimize their “claimed” titles.

If you’re going to interrupt please try and keep up.
I have already clarified where Nebbie fans constantly posted about their recruit as that happened on Hakweye Report. can't do much more.

as for that 1958 chamionship, back then the pollsters named their champion before the bowl game, Iowa whipped California in the Rose Bowl setting numerous Rose Bowl records.
while LSU struggled in their bowl game. one of the main reasons it was changed to vote till after all the bowl games were over,

what remember most was the season in 1961 Burns took over IA was the preseason #1 team. then from then on for the next two decades had losing seasons. sometimes I wish that IA would revert back to the losing ways of the 60's and 70's. then maybe just maybe they might just realize just how good they have it now, I just don't see another Fry out there,

they fired a coach every 5 years with just one getting fired after 4, oops firing coaches is all these poster want.

it would be fun to see this board after a 0-fer season

• Haha
I have already clarified where Nebbie fans constantly posted about their recruit as that happened on Hakweye Report. can't do much more.

as for that 1958 chamionship, back then the pollsters named their champion before the bowl game, Iowa whipped California in the Rose Bowl setting numerous Rose Bowl records.
while LSU struggled in their bowl game. one of the main reasons it was changed to vote till after all the bowl games were over,

what remember most was the season in 1961 Burns took over IA was the preseason #1 team. then from then on for the next two decades had losing seasons. sometimes I wish that IA would revert back to the losing ways of the 60's and 70's. then maybe just maybe they might just realize just how good they have it now, I just don't see another Fry out there,

they fired a coach every 5 years with just one getting fired after 4, oops firing coaches is all these poster want.

You sometimes root for Iowa to lose all their football games? You are a true fan.

Take it up with the NCAA, they are the ones who recognize it.
Ha, I really don’t care if you guys want to claim it. I’m just making you all aware that no one that’s not a hawkeye fan thinks/believes Iowa was the rightful NC in 1958, it was LSU. Nebraska fans definitely do not claim any NCs they could pre 1970, but then again we have 5 legit ones post 1970.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Ha, I really don’t care if you guys want to claim it. I’m just making you all aware that no one that’s not a hawkeye fan thinks/believes Iowa was the rightful NC in 1958, it was LSU. Nebraska fans definitely do not claim any NCs they could pre 1970, but then again we have 5 legit ones post 1970.
What did Hog Lover do for fun out in Braska this weekend?

• Haha
What did Hog Lover do for fun out in Braska this weekend?
I’m currently in NY/NJ area. Great weekend out here, the smoke cleared out Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday the weather was great. I didn’t win at the track Saturday came out about even for the day.

Not sure what braska is, sounds to me like something an 8 year old or illiterate adult would come up with so I suppose either of those could apply to you.

Iowa will never be elite so no one cares what Iowa "claims" -- start calling them UCF.

Rhule will have Nebraska back within 3 years and we will never hear from Iowa like we didn't in the previous 50 years of football.
"Rhule will have Nebraska back within 3 years"

The names change but it is part of the annual off season Nation Champion streak they are on.

"then from then on for the next two decades had losing seasons."

Factually inaccurate
63,68,69 were not losing seasons, heck 68 had a winning conference record and 70 they finished 4th in the conference at 3-3-1 but lost all 3 non conference games.

"they fired a coach every 5 years with just one getting fired after 4, oops firing coaches is all these poster want."
Nobody got fired after 4 years, FXL got canned after 3. Nagel got fired after progressing every year in the conference standings.

• Haha
No one on this board hates Brian. The Ferentz family are a fine reputable and charitable people and have done wonderful things for the University of Iowa. Most people would agree Brian is an excellent position coach. Why can't posters realize Kirk has made a mistake in hiring his son, which is admirable, but was not smart. Nepotism rules are in place to prevent just what happened here. Barta is more at fault for letting this hire take place and surpassing the law by being Brian's boss.
I think that the oc was a bad promotion but bf has been successful at many other coaching positions. Still expect the offense to be really good this season and next as well.

I’m currently in NY/NJ area. Great weekend out here, the smoke cleared out Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday the weather was great. I didn’t win at the track Saturday came out about even for the day.

Not sure what braska is, sounds to me like something an 8 year old or illiterate adult would come up with so I suppose either of those could apply to you.
Well you all don't go to school past the 8th grade out there does ya?

• Haha
I think that the oc was a bad promotion but bf has been successful at many other coaching positions. Still expect the offense to be really good this season and next as well.
another poster that ignores his 1st 4 seasons and even his 5th when IA won that BT West Championship going 10-4,

it was Phils defense that gave up 42 points to Michigan in that BTChampionship game not the offense but THE DEFENSE. NO EXCUSES.

in the Kentucky game it was Phils defense that WR Wondale Robinson caught 10 passes for 170 yards, the offense never gave those yards in fact Petras numbers were these
19-30 for 233 yards. a completion rate of 63.3%.

another poster that ignores his 1st 4 seasons and even his 5th when IA won that BT West Championship going 10-4,

it was Phils defense that gave up 42 points to Michigan in that BTChampionship game not the offense but THE DEFENSE. NO EXCUSES.

in the Kentucky game it was Phils defense that WR Wondale Robinson caught 10 passes for 170 yards, the offense never gave those yards in fact Petras numbers were these
19-30 for 233 yards. a completion rate of 63.3%.

Why do you hate Phil Parker?

Iowa will never be elite so no one cares what Iowa "claims" -- start calling them UCF.

Rhule will have Nebraska back within 3 years and we will never hear from Iowa like we didn't in the previous 50 years of football.
adam sandler weekend update GIF by Saturday Night Live

Honest, question.

Do retype this every 3-5 years or do you just save yourself some trouble and copy your post from the previous crash and burn hire?

• Haha
adam sandler weekend update GIF by Saturday Night Live

Honest, question.

Do retype this every 3-5 years or do you just save yourself some trouble and copy your post from the previous crash and burn hire?
The first 4 years in the B10 Nebraska won 9+ games each year. It won't be that hard with a competent coach going forward. With the new scheduling one less win a year will be the equal to that I suppose.

Iowa will get glossed over real quick, Kirk Ferentz will retire. Iowa will be Rutgers.

The first 4 years in the B10 Nebraska won 9+ games each year. It won't be that hard with a competent coach going forward. With the new scheduling one less win a year will be the equal to that I suppose.

Iowa will get glossed over real quick, Kirk Ferentz will retire. Iowa will be Rutgers.
Is it deja vu? Or how do I type that? Maybe I should go back to the frost warning and see how I typed it then.

What will the excuses be?

Just list all the excuses now.. You know BF tried to land jobs in the NFL and was told..hell no...right?

What were the excuses last year…. I mean you just said they had a D2 offensive line in front of the running back… Is that an excuse or is that a fact?

Last edited:

This is desperately what you want to happen there’s a difference….

With good coaching Iowa will also will win nine games.

By the way, you inspired me to go back and look at some of those losses during Pellinis reign, holy shit you talk about uncompetitive in a couple games of year, and I had thought your defense was better under Bo but only marginally….

The big 12 was your friend…For all intents and purposes, you had everything set up for you guys, and you did nothing but get worse and worse and worse.

the B8 was known as the B2 lil6 for a reason Oklahoma and Nebraska with the rest of those these teams being cup cakes for those 2, at one point Oklahoma had beaten ISU over 60 times.

then these were in the B8 Kansas, KSU, Colorado, ISU, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. not exactly a murderous row for OK and Nebraska to dominate over the years, back in the 60's and 70's the BT was known as the B2 lil 8 when they were dominating the BT. Hayden changed all that

not just for Iowa but the rest of the BT teams.

Old friend, Ohio State is way more of a juggernaut than Texas and Oklahoma have ever been. You will never have the same success in this conference that you did in the big 8 and big 12!

I also have no problem with you suggesting Iowa isn’t elite, we aren’t we never were and likely never will be, but you aren’t in the same conference anymore and the rules aren’t the same and the triple option isn’t the same. You’ll never be the same team you ever were!

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT