ADVERTISEMENT

Deputy Police Chief from Georgia ensnared in a Florida prostitution sting....

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A Georgia deputy police chief landed behind bars after authorities said he was busted in a prostitution sting in Polk County last Thursday.

The Polk County Sheriff’s Office said 49-year-old Jason DiPrima of Kingston, Georgia, was arrested Thursday for soliciting a prostitute, a first-degree misdemeanor, and booked into the Polk County Jail, where he was released after paying a $500 bond.

Deputies said DiPrima was in Orlando attending a polygraph training workshop when he answered an online advertisement from an undercover detective who he believed was a prostitute.

“Are you available tonight?” he asked the detective in a tex message, according to deputies. “I’d like to come see you—what is your rate?”

Authorities said DiPrima agreed to meet and have sex with the undercover detective, but told her he “got spooked” and asked to meet her the next evening.

The next day, he agreed to meet the detective and pay her $120 for a half hour of sexual activity, according to the sheriff’s office.

Deputies said DiPrima showed up at their meeting spot in an undercover police cruiser normally assigned to agents with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). Deputies said DiPrima gave the undercover detective $180 and a multi-pack of White Claw Hard Seltzer. He was promptly arrested.

“What are you thinking?” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said during a Tuesday afternoon press conference. “You just want to go ‘c’mon man,’ have you lost the last three brain cells, or do you just have cabbage for brains?’”

The sheriff’s office said DiPrima is employed as the Deputy Chief of Police Administration for Cartersville Police Department where he has served for nearly 30 years He was also a graduate of the FBI academy. The department was notified of the matter. It’s unclear if he was disciplined.

“If all else fails, he can write a book: How to ruin your career in three easy steps,” Judd added.

The arrest was part of a week-long investigation focusing on human trafficking in the Polk County area. Sheriff Grady Judd is expected to share more details about it at a 3 p.m. press conference Tuesday.

Nothing about soliciting minors or actual (not made up to justify LE time) trafficking, so who gives a ****? This is a total waste of law enforcement resources.
Of all the laws on the books, this is the one that makes little sense. You can have a one night stand but you can’t pay for a one night stand. Logically it makes no sense.

Almost every Florida sheriff now showboats like this guy

Jeebus, that seems REALLY excessive for a misdemeanor that should just be considered two consenting adults turning a "date" into a "transaction" and no one else's business.

You want to have a law and waste everyone's time, fine. But don't treat it like you just caught the Zodiac Killer.

Jeebus, that seems REALLY excessive for a misdemeanor that should just be considered two consenting adults turning a "date" into a "transaction" and no one else's business.

You want to have a law and waste everyone's time, fine. But don't treat it like you just caught the Zodiac Killer.
TC can share more but I think that’s how Judd has always operated. High profile, loves the cameras, lots of stings and made-for-television law enforcement.

In Florida, County Sheriffs have to run for election.

Grady has a winning political formula.

In Florida, County Sheriffs have to run for election.

Grady has a winning political formula.
Our sheriffs run for election also. I'm not sure I've ever seen our sheriff on TV though. It looks like he was first elected in 2011. I just looked him up and I think it's the first time I've seen what he looks like. I think he's too busy w policing crazy school board meetings to worry about prostitution stings.

• Haha
Reactions: The Tradition
If you Google "Cartersville, GA" this is apparently the "big thing" in town....

oyzYX1XPACjEnxG_YhUupBaZg0UEl5-kN1-TARO0jd0j9nswF67FGHXFTAwjSNhQod1J9ziBvof8M7WSbThAcpvpgjJY_pH8ZIn5eOYcCjTJ9LSgwWMmcTyySCRtfuPIlsZIotHn30VyFOrtZ1sVS1DauXKqjqg=w408-h271-k-no

The time Grady wanted to lock up the CEO of Apple because of encryption on iPhones

Last edited:
Sheriff Showboat live press conference

Polk Sheriff Grady Judd discusses undercover sex crime investigation that led to 160 arrests

Sheriff Showboat is live with our jackass governor

LIVE: Sheriff Grady Judd on Child Sex Sting, Plus Governor Ron DeSantis on Illegal Immigrants

Grady having his usual tantrum, this time, because a jury recommended a life sentence for the Parkland shooter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT