ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis and his shenanigans is destroying a university

Wonder what the student transferring was choosing as his “area of concentration” such that he can’t find classes?
And if the faculty who left are able to find new positions?

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
I think he’s done very well as our Governor but there are a lot of factors in play at the moment for every candidate not named Trump.

I think there’s only one factor, which every candidate is pretty much failing at - they’re all trying to run for the GOP nomination while not running against Trump. So they’re not giving anyone a reason to pick them instead.

DeSantis has run one of the worst presidential campaigns I can recall, from the Twitter social launch on.

Isn't that the college he tried to get his buddy a job as president?

He DID put one of his buddies (Richard Corcoran) in as president of that university (New College); Corcoran is getting a salary/benefits package that is almost identical to the presidents of FSU and UCF, despite New College having a student body the size of a small Florida high school (roughly 600 students). For comparison, FSU has over 43k, and UCF has about 72k.
More recently, the state pressured FAU to suspend their search for a new president after Desanis' preferred pick, Randy Fine, was not among the three finalists that were chosen by the search committee.

Makes you wonder why high school graduates with half a brain would select a Florida university. But black athletes have no problem signing on at Segregation U, Alabama, so go figure.

I know, in-state tuition and all that in the case of Florida schools. But, still.....

I think he’s done very well as our Governor but there are a lot of factors in play at the moment for every candidate not named Trump.
I thought he did an ok job in his first term as Governor. Since being reelected, he has really shown that he is just a p.o.s. politician. I have not seen any polls lately, but I imagine his popularity in Florida has gone down considerably over the past 6 months.

What are they peddling?
He said it. They are peddling bull crap.

Can you imagine walking in on your first day of English class as a freshman, only to find out that lit 101 it’s actually a giant sales pitch to join a mult-level marketing scheme to sell bull crap to all of your family and friends?

No wonder DeSantis had a step in to fix this travesty.

He said it. They are peddling bull crap.

Can you imagine walking in on your first day of English class as a freshman, only to find out that lit 101 it’s actually a giant sales pitch to join a mult-level marketing scheme to sell bull crap to all of your family and friends?

No wonder DeSantis had a step in to fix this travesty.
They’re unable to provide coursework in bullshit lib majors like, checks article, neuroscience.

Good I hope the college goes broke. The less colleges the better. Professors are just upset because they can’t peddle their bullcrap to students.

donald-trump-i-love-the-poorly-educated.gif

He DID put one of his buddies (Richard Corcoran) in as president of that university (New College); Corcoran is getting a salary/benefits package that is almost identical to the presidents of FSU and UCF, despite New College having a student body the size of a small Florida high school (roughly 600 students). For comparison, FSU has over 43k, and UCF has about 72k.
More recently, the state pressured FAU to suspend their search for a new president after Desanis' preferred pick, Randy Fine, was not among the three finalists that were chosen by the search committee.

FSU is incredibly lucky that Corcoran wasn’t able to strong arm his way into our presidency. He certainly tried.

Hopefully our current president stays a long time and we don’t have to endure another unqualified retired republican legislator playing university president ever again.

New College’s US News ranking has fallen off a cliff. He really destroyed a well respected school.
Some people are acting surprised. My original thought when all of this started is that this was his goal, to destroy the school. If it disappears, fine. If it somehow survives he turns it into a right wing clone factory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT