ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis, Haley pledge to pardon Trump if he’s convicted

On the contrary. I believe in both.

A pardon is completely in line with the rule of law.
Do you believe Trump should be pardoned if he is convicted? If so, why?

Still have the question of who you would vote for if it's just Biden and Trump and you have to vote for one. Goldie is famous for avoiding that one too.

I fully expect you to avoid these questions.

Still have the question of who you would vote for if it's just Biden and Trump and you have to vote for one. Goldie is famous for avoiding that one too.

i know you're not asking me, but i think the only real basis for doing so is the gerald ford answer: time to move on as a country. ford essentially self immolated when he did that, but in the long term, he might have actually been right.

Reactions: goldmom
Comparing a Trump pardon to a Nixon pardon is not valid
Trump is a morally bankrupt egotist who deserves to be
treated like a criminal and face some punishment. Nixon
did not have a huge list of crimes and went quietly into the
sunset.
For all of his faults, Nixon took stock of things, and realized that he had to go. In the end he respected the country and the Constitution enough to pack up and go away to sit by himself at Shea Stadium, or muse with David Frost.
Trump will never go away until he's dead.

For all of his faults, Nixon took stock of things, and realized that he had to go. In the end he respected the country and the Constitution enough to pack up and go away to sit by himself at Shea Stadium, or muse with David Frost.
Even if he didn't respect the constitution, the dude gave up and slinked away. Something Donald, Nikki, and Ron don't want to do.

...and it was the second time in his life that nixon had done that (the first being around 1960).

BTW, did you ever see the early early snl when fr guido sarducci was doing late night 'man on the street' interviews in downtown ny and by dumb luck came up to nixon as he was getting out of a car to head to his apartment?

...and it was the second time in his life that nixon had done that (the first being around 1960).

BTW, did you ever see the early early snl when fr guido sarducci was doing late night 'man on the street' interviews in downtown ny and by dumb luck came up to nixon as he was getting out of a car to head to his apartment?
Never saw it, and it doesn't seem to be readily available. I am old enough to remember a good Father Guido appearance during which the censor sweated profusely ready to issue a fine, however.

Reactions: goldmom

Goldie has repeatedly assured everyone that she will NOT vote for either one of those candidates.

Good post L80.

Maybe this has been mentioned, but don't you have to admit to your crimes in order to get a pardon? I think Trump skirted that a few times when Jared was pushing papers across his desk, but I cannot see Donald Trump ever admitting that he committed a crime. How does he admit that running off with top secret document, committing obstruction, or committing a coup? I guess Haley and DeSantis can pander all they want, but a decent follow up question is will you insist that Trump admit he broke laws before you pardon him?

Reactions: cigaretteman
Maybe this has been mentioned, but don't you have to admit to your crimes in order to get a pardon? I think Trump skirted that a few times when Jared was pushing papers across his desk, but I cannot see Donald Trump ever admitting that he committed a crime. How does he admit that running off with top secret document, committing obstruction, or committing a coup? I guess Haley and DeSantis can pander all they want, but a decent follow up question is will you insist that Trump admit he broke laws before you pardon him?
not necessarily, and frankly, nor do you actually have to be convicted, or even charged, with them.

Both are obviously playing to a segment of voters who are still not going to vote for them.
And that is what is so sad. I was 100% prepared to consider Haley this time around, until she dropped to her knees to placate a base that was never going to vote for her anyway. She had a chance to be a change agent in the GOP, to rally independents like me. Now? She will NEVER get my vote.

The things Trump did are unforgivable. He deserves to be in jail and she does not deserve to hold office given that her judgement has been so impaired by a selfish desire to win at all costs.

Screw her.

If for no other reason, than to piss you off! Maybe for the Same reason that Nikki and DiSantis say they would “pardon” Trump...
This Hunter-mania is a large “nothing-burger” that was settled once, but Republicans, like “right to lifers” refuse to move on and insist on picking the scab.
If I was Joe I'd pardon him as well. Not because he was done wrong but because he was my son.

Understandable thing to do....that said he deserves some jail time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT