ADVERTISEMENT

DeSanto

Wasn’t Spencer instrumental in getting Austin to transfer to Iowa? I’m sure he had to convince TNT that he was worth the risk. I don’t believe he had any high major offers out of high school, not due to lack of ability but because he was thought to be a “problem”. We’ve been blessed to have Spencer and Austin take the mat back to back for these several years.
Thanks Dove, I had forgotten about the former relationship between the two.

Reactions: texhawkeye
not all 'all-timers' have to have a string of titles.

ADS and The Bull were an 'era'
This x100. Those kids did great things for the university of Iowa. They will not, nor should they be forgotten. I’ll have great memories of them for many years to come!

Well said Saylor.

Really need to figure how to post of gif. A saluting sailor would do wonders right now.

Reactions: el dub
This x100. Those kids did great things for the university of Iowa. They will not, nor should they be forgotten. I’ll have great memories of them for many years to come!

Well said Saylor.

Really need to figure how to post of gif. A saluting sailor would do wonders right now.
hit the 3 dots that says 'more options'. and gif is one of the options. use a key search term like sailor
Channing Tatum Captain GIF

Austin DeSanto in the future will go down as one of the greatest Hawkeye’s to not win a Big Ten or National Title.
His battles with autism and extra curricular outbursts on the mat will be forgotten.
He is really going to be missed. He was a guy who drew people to Carver. He was Iowa Style through and through, which has been rare to see in the last 10-15 years.
Kudos to Austin DeSanto for everything he gave to the Iowa Hawkeye Wrestling program.

Reactions: grapplefann
Not true but we do all deal with life in different ways.
Spot on el dub.
Every person on the planet has their quirks and issues.
Let no one judge.
Golden rule.
He's actually way more advanced than 99.9% of the world if not more.
He's in control of himself enough to be a WORLD CLASS athlete. Many people that try and judge him can't even show up for work.

He wrestles the same. He will need to pump the breaks in some positions bc of exposure etc
Agree it's a feel thing. And with him having minimal freestyle experience it will take awhile before he's comfortable. AD is very athletic way more athletic than most think. His style didn't show much of it in college but in freestyle you will see how athletic he is

Reactions: Inthecircle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT