ADVERTISEMENT

Did you know thread. I.E. Something that the average person wouldn't know

We always see the same side of the moon.

The moon is not stuck in place with one side facing us. Our lunar companion rotates while it orbits Earth. It’s just that the amount of time it takes the moon to complete a revolution on its axis is the same it takes to circle our planet — about 27 days. As a result, the same lunar hemisphere always faces Earth.

The little line around the top of a shot glass holds the exact same amount of liquid above and below the line.
d_6648_1__19359.1590772309.jpg

Artillery killed the most combatants in both WW1 and WW2.

The songs on the Layla album are in the order in which they were recorded. So Duane Allman appears beginning with the 4th cut- Nobody Knows You When You Are Down and Out.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
I poured the real game day Ron's foundation...
If there was an award called Mr. Aggregate, you'd be wearing that gold chain around your neck. If I did have money (like a few M) and started a craptastic biotech company, I'd be calling you to spray that concrete all over the schiz. You're one of them old time Iowa City peeps with stories. My uncle, now croaked, moved to Iowa City in the 1950's.

Fun fact (thanks to now dead uncle)

United Airlines, yes that same United, used to fly to Iowa City. They used DC-3's aka the Dakota and would land and taxi into the hangar at the end of the runway. That hangar is still there! Since flights during cold Iowa winters sucked, someone ran a space heater or two to keep people warm as they exited the plane.

• Haha
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
The Waterloo Hawks were in the NBA for the 1949-50 season. They remain Iowa’s only major (big 4) professional sports team. They played their home games at the Hippodrome which is still in use today.

They are in no way related to today’s Atlanta Hawks who’s roots lie in Moline IL as the Tri-City Hawks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT