ADVERTISEMENT

Disney lawsuit dismissed

Really? I mean…otherwise the timing of Reedy Creek being dissolved was pretty remarkable, all things considered.

urAdqqR.jpeg
Assume meme.

He said he would no longer give funding to Disney for their emergency departments and that the county/city would provide those services. You need to read the Law. "Don't Say Gay" was something the Democrats made up to make it look like it was anti-gay. It is not!

Weird that Ron didn’t move against Disney until after they spoke against that bill…
No, he was speaking out about things going on before that. May not have made national news but it was in the local news there.

Assume meme.

He said he would no longer give funding to Disney for their emergency departments and that the county/city would provide those services. You need to read the Law. "Don't Say Gay" was something the Democrats made up to make it look like it was anti-gay. It is not!

And why did DeSantis make those decisions specific to Disney, Sharky?

This isn’t a gotcha question. There is clear causality here that you simply don’t want to admit.

DeSantis and other defendants had urged U.S. District Judge Allen Winsor in Tallahassee, Florida, to dismiss the case because Disney could not sue them over constitutionally enacted state laws. Winsor was nominated by then-President Donald Trump in 2019 to fill a vacancy.
Wait, I thought suing over unconstitutional laws was the entire purpose of having a lawsuit. So a Florida court just said that any law approved by the law making body and then signed into law can't be brought to court as unconstitutional? So, they could make a law in Florida dictating Christianity as the state religion, mandating speaking English in all situations, only allowing people of European decent to own guns, and forcing government officials to live in a spare bedroom in your home and no one could sue those laws as being unconstitutional because they were enacted legally?

Wait, I thought suing over unconstitutional laws was the entire purpose of having a lawsuit. So a Florida court just said that any law approved by the law making body and then signed into law can't be brought to court as unconstitutional? So, they could make a law in Florida dictating Christianity as the state religion, mandating speaking English in all situations, only allowing people of European decent to own guns, and forcing government officials to live in a spare bedroom in your home and no one could sue those laws as being unconstitutional because they were enacted legally?
I think it’s that if a law is otherwise constitutional, you can’t attack the motives behind the enactment. (In very simple terms as I understand from the news reports).

And why did DeSantis make those decisions specific to Disney, Sharky?

This isn’t a gotcha question. There is clear causality here that you simply don’t want to admit.
Child grooming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all it's about.

• Haha
Reactions: sober_teacher
I think it’s that if a law is otherwise constitutional, you can’t attack the motives behind the enactment. (In very simple terms as I understand from the news reports).
I'd actually agree with this if that's the assessment. Disney needs to work on getting other people in office then. That's why we have elections.

Child grooming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all it's about.

Good lord.

All the exclamation points don’t make it true.

DeSantis got his feelings hurt and aspired to a higher office than the Governor of Florida. He went after the state’s largest employer for having hurt feelings and to demonstrate how “tough” he was to a national audience. That’s it.

Sorry you can’t see it for what it is.

Good lord.

All the exclamation points don’t make it true.

DeSantis got his feelings hurt and aspired to a higher office than the Governor of Florida. He went after the state’s largest employer for having hurt feelings and to demonstrate how “tough” he was to a national audience. That’s it.

Sorry you can’t see it for what it is.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

On March 27, the CFTOD Board of Supervisors voted in favor of a settlement offered by the company, which agreed to drop two active lawsuits against CFTOD after it replaced the former Disney-appointed Reedy Creek Improvement District Board more than a year ago.

Disney also agreed to concede that the eleventh-hour development agreement they made with the Reedy Creek Improvement District in a final attempt to retain its autonomy was null, void, and unenforceable.

In exchange, among other concessions, CFTOD would drop its counterclaims against Disney, the district would recognize Disney’s ownership of permits issued by the South Florida Water Management District, the Army Corps of Engineers, and the Florida Game and Fresh Water Commission, and would not impede on them, and negotiate a development agreement.

It's been a great run for shareholders since Halloween or so. It doesn't hurt that Desantis failed terribly at his presidential bid and is in his lame duck term, hopefully the future is bright for Disney.

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT