ADVERTISEMENT

Disrespect flag, country, servicemen = boycott

I was wondering when somebody would start a thread about this.
source.gif

Last edited:
I wish football and sports in general would be something to escape the division that we have in political life. I don't begrudge someone kneeling for the anthem, that is their right but it does come at a cost. This "in your face style" that is now a staple of both sides makes us even more divided.

The players can do that to have their voices heard and they have valid points. Fans who don't want to see it and are angered have valid points. This need to make sure everyone knows your opinions has costs, it adds to less working together and more fighting. Charles Barkley tried to make a point about differences in various shootings and the backlash without even considering his points were intense. This is causing a greater divide not a coming together.

I have gotten to the point where I kind of wish that they wouldn't play the anthem before games anymore. I don't give a frick about your political opinion, I just want something where we can escape for a bit and I d

Delay the coin toss by 1 minute by kneeling in the middle of field.

Hell take a penalty for delay of game by having the whole te kneel the 1st play if each game. I'd support either of them!

I think taking the penalty and kneeling play 1 would get way more attention!

This is one of those things that I think is better left alone. I’m a cop and I will stand but if someone else wants to kneel let them do it. I don’t really agree with it but as a society we’ve got to start just being offended personally and leaving it at that. This country is too divided as it is.

This is one of those things that I think is better left alone. I’m a cop and I will stand but if someone else wants to kneel let them do it. I don’t really agree with it but as a society we’ve got to start just being offended personally and leaving it at that. This country is too divided as it is.

This is my position too. I don't necessarily agree with the kneeling, but this has been discussed ad nauseam. Time for people to get over it.

I know I don't speak for everyone; but, I do speak for a sizable percentage. Coach Ferentz, don't let it happen. Free speech only exists on one's own time. You will lose many, many Hawk fans. Learn from pro sports mistake.

First, you do know that your cult leader, the Trump, has called US military personnel who died in wars "losers" and "suckers," right? Those words from the coward who never went to Vietnam because of an alleged foot issue . . . but who claims today to be the healthiest president in the history of the world.

Second, the US Supreme Court--in an Iowa-based case, categorically disagrees with your assertion.

In fact, the Constitution doesn't stop at the entrance to Kinnick Stadium, a facility owned by a public university. The Supreme Court said so, by a 7-2 vote, in 1969 in the Tinker vs. Des Moines Independent School District ruling. The Supreme Court's majority ruled that neither students nor teachers “shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate.” The Court took the position that school officials could not prohibit free speech on the grounds that the speech might disrupt the learning process.

High school students in Des Moines had been suspended for the heinous crime of wearing black armbands to school in protest of the Vietnam War. And guess what? All you flag-lovers who supported Nixon's war were wrong, and the kids were right. Amazing.

Any Iowa "fans" lost because the Constitution is being upheld in Iowa City and in Kinnick Stadium will not be missed. Perhaps you folks can join your cult leader and take up residence in that bastion of individual freedom known as Russia. You would like it there. Red Square is cool. Although the Trump had better hurry, or he and his family will find themselves moving from the White House to the big house--the one in Attica--where he'll fit in beautifully with the rest of the criminal masterminds there.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, you do know that your cult leader, the Trump, has called US military personnel who died in wars "losers" and "suckers," right? Those words from the coward who never went to Vietnam because of an alleged foot issue . . . but who claims today to be the healthiest president in the history of the world.

Second, the US Supreme Court--in an Iowa-based case, categorically disagrees with your assertion.

In fact, the Constitution doesn't stop at the entrance to Kinnick Stadium, a facility owned by a public university. The Supreme Court said so, by a 7-2 vote, in 1969 in the Tinker vs. Des Moines Independent School District ruling. The Supreme Court's majority ruled that neither students nor teachers “shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate.” The Court took the position that school officials could not prohibit free speech on the grounds that the speech might disrupt the learning process.

High school students in Des Moines had been suspended for the heinous crime of wearing black armbands to school in protest of the Vietnam War. And guess what? All you flag-lovers who supported Nixon's war were wrong, and the kids were right. Amazing.

Any Iowa "fans" lost because the Constitution is being upheld in Iowa City and in Kinnick Stadium will not be missed. Perhaps you folks can join your cult leader and take up residence in that bastion of individual freedom known as Russia. You would like it there. Red Square is cool. Although the Trump had better hurry, or he and his family will find themselves moving from the White House to the big house--the one in Attica--where he'll fit in beautifully with the rest of the criminal masterminds there.
And were you there to hear the president make these comments about our military? Just a another one of the lies. Keep your opinions off this board.

If you want this to stop, then quit talking about it. I had almost forgotten this was a thing, myself. They will quit kneeling if people quit getting butt hurt about it.

Reactions: Hawkdome

I keep intending to ignore you but your hatred is amusing. 🤣

Reactions: kceasthawk
I fully support their right to kneel. And I equally support my right to not watch them play if they do.

OP has changed my mind I'm gonna super stand so everybody knows how much I love a piece of cloth

Reactions: Rudolph
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT