ADVERTISEMENT

Do yall make up songs for your pets?

jawatkins

HR Heisman
Feb 7, 2007
So I inherited Ella and she’s a good dog, sweet baby, gets all of them belly rubs and such.
When I see her and I know the fiancé is gone I sing her a song,
‘That’s my Ella that’s my doggy, she’s my friend she’s my bubby oh it’s Ella she’s the best, she goes dancing in her dress’

Dog has never worn clothes but she spins around and has a good time while I’m being weird.

Any of yall do this?

T6BHsoq.jpg

So I inherited Ella and she’s a good dog, sweet baby, gets all of them belly rubs and such.
When I see her and I know the fiancé is gone I sing her a song,
‘That’s my Ella that’s my doggy, she’s my friend she’s my bubby oh it’s Ella she’s the best, she goes dancing in her dress’

Dog has never worn clothes but she spins around and has a good time while I’m being weird.

Any of yall do this?
I used to talk to my cat. Here's a top tip though. Cats care that they have food and shelter but wish you'd secretly die haha. Songs don't mean shit to them 😉

I'm not anti dog, I'm anti their weird AF owners.
Singing and making up little tunes about your dog isn't all that weird. No one is putting on concerts or drum circles. Its just little ditties about big stretches and who's a good boy.

Never had I thought of this or have I seen anyone do something like this. My wife just says her dogs name over and over again like she's having a stroke. I just shake my head.

We had a dog named Merle and and I would sing songs about him, replacing "girl" with "Merle."

Fat bottomed Merle, you make the rockin' world go 'round.

I kissed a Merle and I liked it...
My dog's name is Ziggy and his tag says Ziggy Stardog, so I sometimes make up songs to the tune of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars.

Ziggy was a dog, he coughed up hair and made a doo-doo 🎶

Here's mine. How could you NOT have a song for the one and only Chief Wiggum. Also all my pets are named after Simpsons Charachters. I've Had Flanders, Maude, Smithers, Lenny and Karl and now Wigg below. Weiner dogs only, BTW.

wig.png
I named mall my horses in Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom after simpsons characters.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
I make up songs to help me remember things. Like stopping at the grocery store;

Go get them bagels you like,
Pick up some Vodka and Sprite,
Bottled water for wife,
And some pork chops for tonight…

During the holidays I always sang my dog's nickname, Jackie Bear, to the tune of Oh Holy Night. Monday would have been his 13th birthday. I'll be singing his song in the coming month out of habit.

I make up songs to help me remember things. Like stopping at the grocery store;

Go get them bagels you like,
Pick up some Vodka and Sprite,
Bottled water for wife,
And some pork chops for tonight…

I was starting to think people here were normal.

We had a dog named Merle and and I would sing songs about him, replacing "girl" with "Merle."

Fat bottomed Merle, you make the rockin' world go 'round.

I kissed a Merle and I liked it...
When I was a kid we had a dog named Fudge. To me she was Big Bad Fudge. From the song. She was a good dog.

Yes, have had pet dog songs to the tunes of…
“I like to move it”
“Theme from Davey Crockett”
“Theme from rawhide”
And
“Baby sharky”

I have two cats that just showed up on my doorstep. I don’t sing songs, but I have a specific tone that I whistle to them. They immediately drop whatever they’re doing and come to me.

Weird, because I never trained them or rewarded them with anything but a few pet strokes.

I also use a “sing-songy” tone to tell them that they are “good boys” or “good kitties”, but really it’s only to offset the times when I yell at them for being bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT