ADVERTISEMENT

Do you eat three meals a day?

How many meals a day do you usually eat?

• One

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Two

Votes: 41 50.6%
  • Three

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • I don't have "meals"... I just graze when hungry

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters
As many HROT freaks eat one meal as three? I voted 3, but could easily go to two. There may be no correlation, but I’d be interested in weight issues between the groups. At 6’0” 180, I’m 10 lbs over my racketball playing youth.

So no fatties on HROT based on this thread.

I don’t avoid carbs but I am conscious of them and try and limit them when I can.

I often get a salad instead of fries. If I am having a big BBQ sandwich I will not eat the bun, burrito bowl instead of tortilla.

At home I eat whatever is made for dinner carbs or no carbs.

no eating between meals and exercise helps me keep pounds off.

I also don’t drink anything with calories except a beer or two per week.

Oh I’m a fatty. Well I’m getting to be less of one. But meals have never been my issue. Late night snacks have been my downfall. I have cut that out and added more veggies/cut out carbs and have dropped some pretty significant weight. Still have a decent amount to go but I’ll get there.

I eat a couple of calorie dense meals daily with a cucumber, tomato, and onion salad with my evening meal.
I think I go through a quart or more of olive oil monthly.
I don’t train anymore, so I’m not as hungry as often.
Just cucumbers, tomato, and onion? Curious. Sounds good

Just cucumbers, tomato, and onion? Curious. Sounds good

Mostly. Yes. A modified Greek village salad without the feta, and olives, although I do like them.
I’ll also add artichoke hearts, and hearts of palm if I want something really refreshing.
Rarely do I eat lettuce based salads.

No breakfast, sometimes lunch, supper usually at 8p.

Snack on crackers at work. I don't require a lot of food, but for some reason my clothes keep getting tighter. I blame the laundry lady (wife), because it certainly isnt all the good beer I drink..

Big breakfast (12-15 fruits and vegetables, two pieces sourdough toast with grassfed butter and cheese melted during toasting)

Medium lunch (3-4 oz meat or beans, two cooked vegetables),

Light dinner (Salad with many veggies or a bowl of soup, sometimes sourdough toast with grassfed butter and/or cheese).

The number of fatties not eating 3 meals a day is interesting. While those of us who eat three meals a day with a lot of snacking and not abiding by a “fasting”, keto, low carb diet remain fit and trim in middle age. Huh.

You would almost think “diets” don’t work and it’s about the little choices you make in food consumption and a healthy dose of exercise that plays more of a role in getting fit and staying that way.

The number of fatties not eating 3 meals a day is interesting. While those of us who eat three meals a day with a lot of snacking and not abiding by a “fasting”, keto, low carb diet remain fit and trim in middle age. Huh.

You would almost think “diets” don’t work and it’s about the little choices you make in food consumption and a healthy dose of exercise that plays more of a role in getting fit and staying that way.

I think diets work, but for most people these are temporary. The biggest difference for me was to commit to only eating food that is good for me (which I do about 99% of the time) always. It's not a diet per se, it's just how I eat. I don't count carbs or calories and maintain a healthy weight (5'9" , 160 lbs). I also exercise several times per week.

Of course. I’m an adult.

I also have less than 10% body fat, weigh under 180lbs, walk at least 10 miles per day, and can do 50 push ups.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 3boysmom
I always have at least 5 meals a day. I start with a big breakfast (this morning I had 3 eggs and 3 banana pancakes), eat a small brunch at 9:00, small dinner at noon, a small lunch at 2:00 and a huge supper at 6:00. Sometimes I'll add a night time snack at 9:00. Anytime I go away from this, my I feel like crap, get tired, and gain weight, even though I cut back on calories.

I know the whole "less calories=less weight" thing is science, but it doesn't work for me. It all started when I got really sick and lost a bunch of weight and tried to put it back on by eating a lot. It didn't work, but I realized how great I felt at this weight (170-175), so I kept eating a lot and my weight and medical numbers have gone down and stayed down.
I lose weight easier when I eat more (to an extent, obviously) than a lot less. I lose better if I eat 2,000 a day than back when I'd eat 1,600.

When I’m being healthy I’ll try to eat five small meals a day and always eat breakfast. That never happens anymore. I eat something at 10:00am and crush it at 9:00pm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT