ADVERTISEMENT

Why Mother’s Day is the most hated day in the restaurant industry...

Stop complaining and get back to your station before you burn my fries
Yeah. I saw this article and it just makes restaurant workers, in general, seem like the whiniest group ever.

You work at a job where you rely on tips, and then you complain that people might expect good service in exchange for those tips?! And those people might want things to go really well when they go out to celebrate their moms? Get out of here with that!

My mom has been gone for a few years. Mothers Day has had a different feeling for the last 10 years or so.
Lost mine about 5 years ago, and then my dad almost exactly 6 months later. As bad as this might sound, I think Mother’s Day would be more difficult if dad were still with us. Now it’s just about remembering her, catering to the (no pic) wife, and MIL who we still have. And I think more about and acknowledge the women I work with who are moms as well.

Yeah. I saw this article and it just makes restaurant workers, in general, seem like the whiniest group ever.

You work at a job where you rely on tips, and then you complain that people might expect good service in exchange for those tips?! And those people might want things to go really well when they go out to celebrate their moms? Get out of here with that!
I always made crazy good money on Mothers Day. I’d always be put in a section where I’m getting a constant run of parties of 6-10 people, and I walk out with $400 easily.

The WORST though, was the number of times a table would end up in some sort of stupid argument and ruin Mom’s meal. I saw that way too many times, and a free dessert in a to-go box was the least I could do for them.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NDallasRuss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT