Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I work at one in another role

• I go to do gun violence

• I sit outside of clubs to people watch

• Total voters
They only really work if you're inebriated or otherwise modified. Sober I'd last a few minutes.

I also blame you message board idiots for piquing my interest in them.

Reactions: Moral
Maybe half dozen times but definitely not a regular occurrence. Always a boys night out thing. Seeing the 60-70 year old dudes hanging out by themselves is just sad.
Apparently they're a big deal for the girls. Girls want regulars and old dudes with money are usually who becomes your regular.

Not since I got married.
giphy.gif

No. Hell...maybe twice my entire life I believe (60). I'm not a prude, just never felt the need.

I've been three times:
1 to watch Final Four games (Big Country/Ok St in 1995)
1 for a bachelor party (Pantera's place in Dallas)
1 to entertain some friends that were visiting from England
Coincidentally, Pantera's club (The Clubhouse) was all-nude. I don't know if many places are like that, but it's the only one I've been to that was, and it was WAY better.

I have never really understood the notion of working yourself up like that.

I went to some Bachelor Parties where we went to one. I saw a stripper at a private party once pick up a $5 with her lips...

• Wow
Coincidentally, Pantera's club (The Clubhouse) was all-nude. I don't know if many places are like that, but it's the only one I've been to that was, and it was WAY better.

The one's in Iowa that are "Bring Your Own Liquor/Beer" are all nude. If they serve alcohol, the bottoms have to stay on. At least that's how it was last time I was in one around 2010.

The one's in Iowa that are "Bring Your Own Liquor/Beer" are all nude. If they serve alcohol, the bottoms have to stay on. At least that's how it was last time I was in one around 2010.
That's the way this one was also. They sold "set-ups" like the coke, juice, etc you'd need to mix drinks, but you had to bring all your own alcohol in.

Reactions: Moral and fredjr82
Never been, no interest.

Why get yourself sexually aroused with no hope of being fulfilled?

If I want to see a woman take her clothes off, my wife will do it. . . and then she will have sex with me. That seems far more enjoyable.
It's about like seeing a naked lady on the internet. Granted, when they rub their crotch in your face it's a little more "real", but it's still not intimate at all.

It's about like seeing a naked lady on the internet. Granted, when they rub their crotch in your face it's a little more "real", but it's still not intimate at all.

Seems like someone who wants that could get that for free on the internet.

When I lived in Austin, a couple places went full nude. I went to one once, and haven’t been to any since. It was really kinda gross. Leaving a little to the imagination, even if it’s practically nothing, doesn’t ruin it for me.

I’ve never been a big fan of bars/nightclubs in general but at least strip clubs have T&A. That said I bet I’ve gone 4 times, including once to the place in CR with another poster from here and most recently at a bachelor party about 15 years ago—I think it was The King of Diamonds in the TC.

I’ve never been a big fan of bars/nightclubs in general but at least strip clubs have T&A. That said I bet I’ve gone 4 times, including once to the place in CR with another poster from here and most recently at a bachelor party about 15 years ago—I think it was The King of Diamonds in the TC.
That was the last time I've been in one, and will likely be the last time ever.

Reactions: JMNSHO and Moral
IMO, that's when they're most dangerous. If you replace your drinking with drinking + strip club. If you're using drinking as entertainment then this combo is even more entertaining. After a while that's what I realized I was doing. Shitty way to stimulate yourself ultimately.

Reactions: JMNSHO and Moral
The last time I was at one was in Vegas during summer of 2021. It was better than any other strip club I've ever been to.

With that said, I only go when I'm with a certain friend that absolutely ****ing loves going to them for some reason.

I will say, back when I was a freshman/sophomore in college (late 2005-2007), The Lumberyard in CR was fantastic on amateur/college night. I believe it was $5 to get in, and it was essentially just filled with Kirkwood, Coe, Mt Mercy, etc kids. It was like an Iowa City bar, but with kids drinking in their vehicles, then coming back inside. I went to that quite a bit w/ my roommates.

It was also always funny when a girl would do the amateur thing, and then you'd see her on campus, incredibly hungover the following day. Good Times

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT