ADVERTISEMENT

Do you miss all the signing day hype?

hawkisoaker

HR MVP
Aug 5, 2011
Do you miss the days of all the hat selections, and TV coverage? Seems to be pretty old-school and quiet these days with the new dates?

I forget the name of the player, but the best was the mom that walked off when he picked her least favorite school, lol.

Reactions: nelly02 and amahawk
You guys remember the drama surrounding Jaleel Johnson around 12 or so years ago? Kept teasing and toying with both the Iowa and Michigan State fan bases. I think he flip flopped a few times, and he loved every minute of it. Very immature about the process. Ended up at Iowa, and had a nice career, and now in the NFL.

Then there was the running back who flipped to Arizona, or was it Arizona State? Something about a sweatshirt. He ever do anything?

The 2004 (or was it 05?) class was a fun one to follow on signing day. Monster class that gave us the great 09 season.

Don’t really follow recruiting as closely anymore. With NIL and portal sruff, it’s just not the same anymore.

No.
It seems to have lost a lot of hype.
Is it because of the portal?
Or NIL?
Not a fan of drama but maybe it is still big in SEC country.
Losing Proctor last year was so painful I do not miss it.
Basically it put me in the camp of not caring about it until they arrive on campus. I should have always had that mentality tbh.

Reactions: sabula
No, it doesn’t mean anything anymore. They could be gone tomorrow or just transfer in a year.
I never cared to watch actual signings, but did peak at the end of the day.

Reactions: hawkisoaker
You guys remember the drama surrounding Jaleel Johnson around 12 or so years ago? Kept teasing and toying with both the Iowa and Michigan State fan bases. I think he flip flopped a few times, and he loved every minute of it. Very immature about the process. Ended up at Iowa, and had a nice career, and now in the NFL.

Then there was the running back who flipped to Arizona, or was it Arizona State? Something about a sweatshirt. He ever do anything?

The 2004 (or was it 05?) class was a fun one to follow on signing day. Monster class that gave us the great 09 season.

Don’t really follow recruiting as closely anymore. With NIL and portal sruff, it’s just not the same anymore.
ASU Eno Benjamin

Reactions: amahawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT