What are your plans?

• Burial

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Cremation

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • Other / Depends if they find the remains

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
I haven't set any definite plans yet but probably cremated, simply because it is cheaper. So, if for some reason burying becomes cheaper than cremating I will be buried, but I seriously doubt the price of a burial will ever be cheaper than cremation.

Reactions: MitchLL
I think this is what I want done with whatever is left of me:

"An Eternal Reef combines a cremation urn, ash scattering and burial at sea into one meaningful, permanent environmental tribute to life. An Eternal Reef is a designed reef made of environmentally-safe cast concrete placed on the ocean floor as a permanent memorial of a life well lived."

Unless there are accompanying jars that contain your removed organs, it just isn't the same.
Work Yes GIF by Offline Granny!

• Haha
Reactions: NDallasRuss
Probably cremated. Wouldn't mind a green burial (no embalming, no vault, able to decompose naturally), but I don't think it's legal in Iowa. Aquamation sounds interesting too. Have sometimes thought about donation to the UI medical school as a cadaver also.

Last edited:
Cremated. Told wife to spend as little as possible. Instead take a vacation somewhere to celebrate my demise and spread ashes on a beach or something.

This thread reminded me of that Jackass episode when Johnny Knoxville convinces someone to give him a quote for stuffing his grandma after she dies.

latest

Reactions: Moral
I don't want anyone I've angered in my life pissing on my grave.

So...cremation for me.

Reactions: Moral
Salt and burn me. Supernatural has made it clear this is the only way to be sure not to return as a ghost.

A friend of mine from Wisconsin is a huge animal lover.

He wants to be turned into animal feed post-death and fed to zoo animals.

Kind of crazy, but also kind of interesting concept.
"Throw my arm to the lions and let the kids watch as they go to town!"

Reactions: cigaretteman
Salt and burn me. Supernatural has made it clear this is the only way to be sure not to return as a ghost.
Wait, you don't want to return as a ghost?

I'd love that. Get to go through walls and peep on everyone. Get to screw with people whenever you want - slamming doors, knocking over lamps, etc.

Reactions: torbee and Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT