ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think Kris Murray will return next season?

Does Kris return to Iowa for the 2022/2023 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am OUTRAGED for you telling me I am wrong! ;)

You talk about today. Tomorrow. Well, guess what? On any day, between now and the deadline to remove his name from the NBA Draft, if he is guaranteed to be drafted in the 1st round, he will stay in the draft. If he doesn't get that 1st round guarantee between now & the deadline to withdraw from the draft, he is returning to Iowa. It's that simple.

And again, if Kris stays in the draft and gets picked in the 2nd round (or goes undrafted), I will gladly eat crow. But that won't be happening.

It's that simple in your head, which is fine for you. I don't think it's so black and white, there's some grey areas and we'll see where it falls.

As time goes on, you seem to think more and more like you're the admin of this boards and you're always right. You need to take a break from thinking you're the leader of this boards.

It's that simple in your head, which is fine for you. I don't think it's so black and white, there's some grey areas and we'll see where it falls.

As time goes on, you seem to think more and more like you're the admin of this boards and you're always right. You need to take a break from thinking you're the leader of this boards.
You could always place him on ignore. That would be the sane thing to do.

Often times you read people saying something to the effect, another year of school won't raise a player's profile. In Kris's case, I think it just might help him to play another year of college ball. I hope he comes back for the '22-'23 season.

Reactions: perryhawk
You said that Kris being told that he would go undrafted could nevertheless keep Kris in the draft. When I replied that was not going to happen, you replied with "I don't know what to tell you." And I simply said "that's funny" (it's actually ironic) because I don't know what to tell you other than there's no way Kris would stay in the draft if was told he'd go undrafted.

I think we are having a civil conversation, by the way.
How do you know what Kris would or would not do? That's the point I'm making.

Kris very well might stay in the draft as an undrafted guy for all we know.

Here's an interesting article:

That doesn't prove anything. We all know that if he's a first rounder he would go pro. What I looking for is where he says it's first round or he's definitely coming back. I don't think that's been decided at this point, at least it shouldn't be decided until he's talked to the teams and found out what they're saying.
Feel confident in saying Kris will be back at Iowa for another year. Everyone can relax.

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/05/05/n...smith-jaden-ivey-chet-holmgren-paolo-banchero

SI big board has Kris at 37, awfully close to that first round grade. They acknowledge that the perception was he would return but that a team may like him enough to encourage him to stay in the draft.

I don't post this to argue whether he is leaving or not as likely no one knows for sure right now. I'm just hoping fans temper their expectations a bit. We all know that if Kris officially leaves, ravenous posters will come out of the woodwork to dump on Fran. As if Fran developing players into NBA prospects is somehow an indictment on him.

He gone

Sorry, I can't help myself 😮

If Rebraca doesnt want to play the 5 then what does the starting lineup look like if Kris returns?

A month ago I was a solid yes but now I’m having doubts. He’s up to #37 on this list, that’s putting him in that range of getting drafted towards the end of the first round.

Last edited:
I’m anti-Fran and I want Kris to return. If he doesn’t, then the pro-Fran crowd will use that as an excuse for a poor season.
Hold on dude. IF Kris leaves, then Iowa would have lost their all time best 3 point shooter, an All American, and another potential first round pick in one off season.

If we take a dip after losing all that talent, why can people not point that out? And dont say Fran has a duty to reload every year. Powerhouses like Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Michigan St. have all had down years in very recent memory as they reload.

Last year was supposed to be our reload year. It wasnt. But a reload season may be coming, and its objectively fair and justifiable to chalk it up to losing massive amounts of talent.

Hold on dude. IF Kris leaves, then Iowa would have lost their all time best 3 point shooter, an All American, and another potential first round pick in one off se

If we take a dip after losing all that talent, why can people not point that out? And dont say Fran has a duty to reload every year. Powerhouses like Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Michigan St. have all had down years in very recent memory as they reload.

Last year was supposed to be our reload year. It wasnt. But a reload season may be coming, and its objectively fair and justifiable to chalk it up to losing massive amounts of talent.
This. Before last year, Iowa hadn't had 2 men's basketball players drafted in the same year since 1998. If it happens again this year, we'd have to go back to 1982 (when the NBA still had 10 rounds) to find 2 consecutive years where Iowa had at least 2 players drafted. And if you're just looking at 2 players or more drafted in the first 2 rounds in 2 consecutive years, it has only happened in 1987-1988. If it happens in 2021-2022, it would be a heck of an achievement, especially considering 3 of the 4 kids were underclassmen.

Whether you like Fran or not , recruiting is vital for a basketball program. Has he succeeded?

Now YOU are sounding like an admin and that you are always right and no one else can have an alternative opinion! You need to take a break from thinking you are the leader of these boards!!!

See, I can sound just as ridiculous as you.

And now you bring up gray areas. For some reason several of you keep making this harder than it is and keep thinking there are gray areas to what Kenyon said on April 18, which was, and I quote, "unless something CRAZY happens between now and the June 1 deadline, Kris is coming back."

@longliveCS40 said in this thread that something crazy, and I quote, "could mean Kris getting drafted in [the 2nd] round or it could mean going undrafted."

* @jonesy5960 completely agreed with this statement when he replied, "Exactly."

Do you (or anyone else reading this) agree with these 2 posters and believe that the prospect of going undrafted would keep Kris in the draft? Yes or no.

On May 3, Tom posted only about the 1st round. He didn't talk about gray areas (going undrafted or getting drafted in the 2nd round) because there aren't any. He said that if a team told Kris they would take him late in the first round, common sense is you would stay in the draft. He concluded by saying, and I quote, I'm pretty confident Iowa fans will see Kris back in an Iowa uniform next season. And why did Tom conclude that? Because getting drafted in the 2nd round or going undrafted is clearly not what Kenyon meant when he talked about something crazy happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaboKP
Often times you read people saying something to the effect, another year of school won't raise a player's profile. In Kris's case, I think it just might help him to play another year of college ball. I hope he comes back for the '22-'23 season.

agreed.

i think he's at least a top 15 pick next year if he returns to Iowa. he's going to have the ball in his hands a lot more and he's going to shine, just like Keegan did this past season.

How do you know what Kris would or would not do? That's the point I'm making.

Kris very well might stay in the draft as an undrafted guy for all we know.

Here's an interesting article:

1000% disagree.

With all due respect.

A month ago I was a solid yes but now I’m having doubts. He’s up to #37 on this list, that’s putting him in that range of getting drafted towards the end of the first round.

And that's what Tom has been saying the entire time. If he's told/guaranteed that he will be picked in the 1st round, he's heading to the NBA. If he's told he will (1) go undrafted or (2) get drafted in the 2nd round, he's heading back to Iowa.

Now YOU are sounding like an admin and that you are always right and no one else can have an alternative opinion! You need to take a break from thinking you are the leader of these boards!!!

And now you bring up gray areas. For some reason several of you keep making this harder than it is and keep thinking there are gray areas to what Kenyon said on April 18, which was, and I quote, "unless something CRAZY happens between now and the June 1 deadline, Kris is coming back."

@longliveCS40 said in this thread that something crazy, and I quote, "could mean Kris getting drafted in [the 2nd] round or it could mean going undrafted."

Do you (or anyone else reading this) agree with these 2 posters and believe that the prospect of going undrafted would keep Kris in the draft? Yes or no.

On May 3, Tom posted only about the 1st round. He didn't talk about gray areas (going undrafted or getting drafted in the 2nd round) because there aren't any. He said that if a team told Kris they would take him late in the first round, common sense is you would stay in the draft. He concluded by saying, and I quote, I'm pretty confident Iowa fans will see Kris back in an Iowa uniform next season. And why did Tom conclude that? Because getting drafted in the 2nd round or going undrafted is clearly not what Kenyon meant when he talked about something crazy happening.
You again miss the entire point of my post that you quoted. I'm absolutely not saying that going undrafted or being a 2nd round selection keeps Kris in the draft. What I'm saying is that Kenyon saying "unless something CRAZY happens between now and the June 1 deadline, Kris is coming back." DOES NOT mean "unless Kris goes in the 1st round, he's coming back."

That isn't difficult to understand. "Something crazy" could mean upper 2nd round or it could mean 1st round only. We do not know...that is the point I'm making. You keep quoting Kenyon as if he said "Unless Kris is picked in the first round, he'll be back at Iowa" and he absolutely did not say that.

Kris is just another of a hundred players that are testing the draft waters to get NBA opinions on what he needs to work on to make it at the next level. We've had players do this in the past and return. If it was all about his relationship to Keegan, the NBA would be clamoring to get their hands on Johnny Davis' twin brother at Wisconsin. If Kakert is sure that Kris will be returning, that's good enough for me.

You again miss the entire point of my post that you quoted. I'm absolutely not saying that going undrafted or being a 2nd round selection keeps Kris in the draft. What I'm saying is that Kenyon saying "unless something CRAZY happens between now and the June 1 deadline, Kris is coming back." DOES NOT mean "unless Kris goes in the 1st round, he's coming back."

That isn't difficult to understand. "Something crazy" could mean upper 2nd round or it could mean 1st round only. We do not know...that is the point I'm making. You keep quoting Kenyon as if he said "Unless Kris is picked in the first round, he'll be back at Iowa" and he absolutely did not say that.

I totally understand what you posted. You stated that Kenyon's words ("unless something crazy happens") could mean that (1) he goes undrafted or (2) he goes in the 2nd round.

Why you think/wrote that going undrafted is what Kenyon could have meant is beyond me.

One thing I agree with is this should not be that difficult to figure out and understand. And based on what Tom has posted in this thread and in another thread, "something crazy happening" has everything to do with Kris being told he would be picked in the 1st round. Neither of your other "something crazy happening" options (going undrafted or going in the 2nd round) appear to be desirable to Kris/Kenyon and that's why Tom wrote that is comfortable in saying Kris will return to Iowa.

Holy cray, you really need some help. You've become ridiculous long before your last post. You and Tom are free to come to whatever conclusion you want based on the information you have. As I said to Tom, I hope he's right, but that doesn't mean I have to take it as 100% guarantee that it's going to happen. You're a nutjob with having to be right all the time and feeling the need to start all the threads. Relax, this isn't your board.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Holy cray, you really need some help. You've become ridiculous long before your last post. You and Tom are free to come to whatever conclusion you want based on the information you have. As I said to Tom, I hope he's right, but that doesn't mean I have to take it as 100% guarantee that it's going to happen. You're a nutjob with having to be right all the time and feeling the need to start all the threads. Relax, this isn't your board.
You keep arguing with him. Do you know what the definition of insanity is? Doing the same thing repeatedly but expecting different results. SMH.

And that's what Tom has been saying the entire time. If he's told/guaranteed that he will be picked in the 1st round, he's heading to the NBA. If he's told he will (1) go undrafted or (2) get drafted in the 2nd round, he's heading back to Iowa.

I'm not sure that's necessarily true but we will find out. All I know is his draft stock keeps rising and this is just based on "experts", who knows where the teams actually have Kris ranked.

As far as Tom’s opinion is concerned, I would hold it in high regard when it comes to the Murrays given the relationship Kenyon, himself, has stated they have. So, yes, if Tom is willing to say on this board he expects Kris back, I’m guessing the information that led him to that conclusion is pretty solid.

I'm not sure that's necessarily true but we will find out. All I know is his draft stock keeps rising and this is just based on "experts", who knows where the teams actually have Kris ranked.

That's great that his stock is rising. And I agree with you and Tom, who has previously stated that all it takes is for one team to fall in love with Kris.

I think we are going to find that Tom was spot on when he said that if Kris is told he will be drafted in the 1st round, he's staying in the draft. If he's told anything else, he's coming back to Iowa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT