ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think Kris Murray will return next season?

Does Kris return to Iowa for the 2022/2023 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres an obvious common denominator to most of these threads that turn into pointless arguments.

Almost all of them involve the same person.

Banning him would increase traffic on the board considerably.
It's true, a certain person who's never been wrong.

The Magic 8 Ball told me that all signs point to yes, Kris is coming back. But, seriously, he’s coming back.

Last edited:
Kris ISN'T a post player!! He played that position because of necessity. He is being evaluated as a 3/4 (mostly 3) at the next level.
Finally!! A voice of reason and actual first hand knowledge of this situation. So which is it Kenyon? As of this moment is Kris 100% coming back or is everyone still evaluating things? We need someone to end this thread.

It's true, a certain person who's never been wrong.
Well if he's never been wrong then we should be applauding him. I mean, that's pretty obvious. Should we dig up all of his threads for the past 2 years to validate and discuss? I think he would consider it an homage of sorts.

Reactions: BBHawk
For other Big Ten teams guys to watch:
Trayce Jackson Davis
Moussa Diabate
Max Christie
Malaki Branham

Sounds like Caleb Houston got a late first/early 2nd guarantee from a team that asked him to shut down workouts. Just from reading other team's boards/blogs I'd say that Branham is about 95% to stay in; Christie is 80% to stay in; Diabate is 50/50 and TJD is most likely to return.

So I guess this means Houston reached out to Kris and said "Don't bother with the combine, we are taking you first overall." 😃

It'll be great to have Kris back. Looking forward to seeing him blossom with a ton of minutes next season. I see a lot of isos in his future. Matchup nightmare AND a lefty that can stroke the three.

Reactions: AlvySinger
LOL

Why are so so butt hurt by me and others calling you out for your stupid comments on Tyler?

Are you off your meds? Or are you drinking? Or both?

You are good entertainment, I will give you that!
Nobody is butt hurt. It has been peaceful though for a couple days when i didn't see any of your posts. So here's a question you keep avoiding. Do you really think more people here are tired of my occassional miscues or of how totally insufferable YOU are, and how you try to control the board, and other peoples comments. Take a poll on that and see how it comes out there King Fran.....

The fact that Kris averaged almost 1 foul for every 6 minutes he was on the court in conference may have something to do with that. Kris is awesome and he will continue to get better, but we can't sugar coat the fact that he was often in foul trouble. Keegan struggled with it early in the season, but then finished the year only averaging 1 foul for every 16 minutes in conference.

Also for the should he been starting conversation--that goes back to the fact that we only had 3 serviceable big men in Keegan, Kris and Filip. If you start all 3 and 1 suddenly gets into foul trouble, then we'd have been seeing more spot minutes from Ogundele which personally would have been a poor decision. Kris rotated with Keegan and Filip because that's where the need was. He still finished 5th in minutes in conference play ahead of Tony, Connor, and Joe T.
Kris also played out of position most of the season.

And I would gladly take Kris fouling out of every game after logging 30 minutes. This is one issue I feel the criticism of Fran is warranted. You don’t let talent like that ride the pine.

Agreed.

I went back over last season's games against opponents with players 7' or taller. The only teams that gave Iowa a problem as a result of that were MI, PU and IL. WI had 2 bigs but neither was a big factor, neither was Bingham from MI State. Most of the trouble for Iowa came from guards and small forwards in the league. Iowa got better at defending against them in the second half of the B1G and did pretty well as a result.

IMHO, Kris seemed to have more trouble guarding quicker players. He would lose a step and get caught reaching. He got better as the year went on but he was still somewhat foul-prone. I am hoping that another year at Iowa playing the 3-4 positions, especially defensively, will get him drafted top 10. I think he's every bit as good as his brother, just a different temperament.
This. If you went back and analyzed his foul issues, you would find that most come from reaching when he was guarding his man with the ball. It was just a bad habit he had and players who do that tend to consistently get into foul trouble. Cleaning that up will go a long way towards his improvement, because he will be able to stay on the floor.

You just can't help yourself can you, board King? So "several" "of US", called you out? Would you really like to take a fricken poll on how many people on here think YOU are insufferable? Really? The sad part is you most certainly do provide some useful information. It amazing anyone has the time to dig up all the stuff you do. Unfortunately you just can't stop at providing that service. Oh, NO, you've got to moderate everyone else's comments and run over other people's post, doubling over information already here by other posters even Tom and Blair. Your self absorbed, and have come to the conclusion that this site would not exist without your presence here. Well, you couldn't possibly more wrong. Why don't we find out. Don't post for 6 months and then see if Hawkeyereport.com isn't still here and doing just fine. What do you say, King Fran?
I tried starting a poll like that about said person. It was promptly deleted. I’m sure someone went to an admin crying about it. Just stop responding to the petulant child.

Nice find. I wonder why he didn't continue through the process, to get further evaluated, have more discussions with NBA folks, etc.

Thank you for posting.
No decision has been made. No combine participation doesn't mean he isn't still getting evaluated by NBA front offices. June 1 is the deadline to withdraw from the draft.

So I guess this means Houston reached out to Kris and said "Don't bother with the combine, we are taking you first overall." 😃

It'll be great to have Kris back. Looking forward to seeing him blossom with a ton of minutes next season. I see a lot of isos in his future. Matchup nightmare AND a lefty that can stroke the three.
No decision has been made. No combine participation doesn't mean he isn't still getting evaluated by NBA front offices. June 1 is the deadline to withdraw from the draft.

This. If you went back and analyzed his foul issues, you would find that most come from reaching when he was guarding his man with the ball. It was just a bad habit he had and players who do that tend to consistently get into foul trouble. Cleaning that up will go a long way towards his improvement, because he will be able to stay on the floor.
I wonder if some of that might have been related to Kris's mindset of limited minutes to make things happen. If he's coming in as a starter he knows that he needs to be more wary of fouls that could prevent him from being on the floor and less apt to take chances on those kinds of plays. As it was he was a reserve that was limted to fewer minutes already and was less likely to have his minutes cut due to foul trouble. I think you saw that same mindset with Joe at times.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I wonder if some of that might have been related to Kris's mindset of limited minutes to make things happen. If he's coming in as a starter he knows that he needs to be more wary of fouls that could prevent him from being on the floor and less apt to take chances on those kinds of plays. As it was he was a reserve that was limted to fewer minutes already and was less likely to have his minutes cut due to foul trouble. I think you saw that same mindset with Joe at times.
I’ve speculated about the very same thing, especially with Joe T. Not too many people on the board, though, are in the dark about my feelings on Fran’s rotations and minute distribution, so I’ll leave it at that.

Reactions: RocknRollface
Ahh.. Thanks for the information. It's nice to get information straight from the horses mouth vs all of this outside noise. Good luck through the rest of this process. I hope your boys are enjoying the process.

Kris also played out of position most of the season.

And I would gladly take Kris fouling out of every game after logging 30 minutes. This is one issue I feel the criticism of Fran is warranted. You don’t let talent like that ride the pine.
"Kris rotated with Keegan and Filip because that's where the need was."
I know that he played out of position. There were certainly games were Kris was underutilized to say the least. I just think that last year the best lineup for Iowa was when Kris played the 5 with Keegan at the 4. We can talk until we're blue in the face about how this was unfair to Kris, but the reality was that Filip had no real backup 5 if it was not for Kris.
If he were to comeback, Kris will play the 4 where it's more of his true position (especially in Iowa's motion offense where the 4 is often on the perimeter). Keegan averaged 31 minutes per game and I would expect Kris to be right up there and he'll continue to work on not picking up unnecessary fouls just like Keegan got significantly better as the year went on last season. I have no doubt.

Reactions: Ronman
I really wish he'd go to the combine. If not to increase his draft chops, at least the experience would be great. Unless he is injured, I think he has nothing to lose.
Not injured. Great momentum with his workouts and is still going to be evaluated by NBA teams even though he is not participating in the combine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT