ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think this game is going to be close this weekend?

JerseyCityHawki

HB All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
Not sure how to read ISU… they’re definitely good but the loss of Bacon 🥓 Iowa should impose its will and run the ball and keep the defense honest and then that will definitely open up the passing vice versa… I think Iowa’s defense will once again prevail and be the difference maker and win by 10 or 17 points - crowd needs to be into it early and often and be patient with them… I would love to see a 35-0 blanking of ISU… who knows though- that’s why they lace em up

Reactions: AEG82
ND had the ball over 13 minutes on one mere drive for the second quarter.

It was hard for them to only score 3 that game.

We should be able to run on them.

I'm looking forward to seeing what ISU's passing attack can do against our secondary. I think that's the battle to be won.

It shouldn't be but it's Iowa vs. ISU. These games always seem closer than they should be the last decade or so. I want to say we win by 2-3 touchdowns but the residual from the past three years says 3-10 points is more likely and possibly under. If we play well on offense, good things will come. I think if we score 17, that'll be enough overall but would really hope for about 30 to get the two or three touchdown difference win.

I think it'll be 27-13 Iowa. Hope I'm wrong and it's 42-3 though.

Not sure how to read ISU… they’re definitely good but the loss of Bacon 🥓 Iowa should impose its will and run the ball and keep the defense honest and then that will definitely open up the passing vice versa… I think Iowa’s defense will once again prevail and be the difference maker and win by 10 or 17 points - crowd needs to be into it early and often and be patient with them… I would love to see a 35-0 blanking of ISU… who knows though- that’s why they lace em up

I think ISU will dip and dunk down the field. Nothing but 5-10 yard passes. They probably won’t have a ton of big plays but can be effective if they limit mistakes.

Remember, isu won the TOP by seven minutes last year. The difference only really came down to 2 plays:
1. ISU missed field goal
2. Castors pick six
Flip those two mistakes and we have a completely different ballgame

I fully expect this one to once again be a one possession game and come down to whichever team makes the least mistakes

under kf the best oc per w-l record by far against isu has been the great bf, no other oc has beaten them on first try and continually done so year after year. so while iowa fans may be happy to have lester, isu fans are downright ecstatic not to have to go up against bf.
also there have been so many years when it was widely believed (with very plausible reasoning) that we would win comfortably only to have to endure great discomfort.
just based on that i’m pretty conditioned to expect a dogfight.

can somebody who watched the game, tell me how North Dakota scord only a field goal? I heard that North Dakota won the time of possession batle handily.

Basically they scored 1 FG and missed another. They dominated TOP, mostly bolstered by the 2nd quarter where they had the 12 minute drive. Iowa State scored TD’s on two drives in the first half, the total of which was about 3 minutes on them combined so the ball was given right back to ND.

The very long drive was right after Bacom got hurt. He also is the guy on D with the mic in his helmet. They looked quite discombobulated when he went out. How much of that is a result of losing the leader on defense and how much is skill/execution deficiencies I don’t know.

• Haha
Reactions: IowaTwitterSkank
under kf the best oc per w-l record by far against isu has been the great bf, no other oc has beaten them on first try and continually done so year after year. so while iowa fans may be happy to have lester, isu fans are downright ecstatic not to have to go up against bf.
also there have been so many years when it was widely believed (with very plausible reasoning) that we would win comfortably only to have to endure great discomfort.
just based on that i’m pretty conditioned to expect a dogfight.
The credit goes to Parker for this run. Isu not being able to get out of the teens in scoring is what won those games.

If we play clean and don't turn the ball over, I think we win this by quite a bit. I put 31-6 in an earlier prediction and I still think that. I think it'll be close in the first half....something like 10-3. And then our running game and their lack of LBs take a toll and we score 3 2nd half TDs.

If we turn it over multiple times, though, then all bets are off. Then I think we're looking at a nail-biter....somewhere in the 17-13 score range.

• Haha
Hate to be a Debbie Downer but I still don’t trust Iowa’s offensive line. And if Cade keeps throwing off his back foot…..

I have it as a close one. 16-13, it could go either way.
I know it was just Illinois State, but we gave up no sacks and ran for nearly 250 yds. In years where we've had bad OLs, even against the likes of an Illinois State, we've given up multiple sacks and ran for like 85 yds on 2.5 ypc.

I feel encouraged by last Saturday.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer but I still don’t trust Iowa’s offensive line. And if Cade keeps throwing off his back foot…..

I have it as a close one. 16-13, it could go either way.
I'm still a bit "wait and see" too. 2 good quarters against an FCS team isn't exactly a body of work. This Saturday is a great opportunity to prove it.

Last edited:
The more I think about it the the cyclones will score 1 TD on a good drive, 1 TD on a hail Mary type play and 1 FG. 17 points is there ceiling. While the Hawks will score 3 business like TD's and 2 ho him FG

27 ( or more) to 17. Probably more like 31 to 17

• Haha
Wetjen take one to the house???? He was oh so close a few times last Saturday.
…..also a pic6 (I’m going with Nwankpa). ISU will be on their heels at some point which will force ISU to press their passing game. My main focus this game will be on the Iowa pass rush. Bring the pressure!

• Haha
I think we can expect a close tough game that will be decided by turnovers and or penalties.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT