ADVERTISEMENT

Does age of consent apply for retarded people?

Why was there a picture of a 13 yr old in a bikini posted here?
There was a thread about some reality show person who posted a pic of her 13 yo daughter in a bikini on social media.

That picture was posted in the thread.
The OP, and a few others were making comments about the 13 yo’s breast size and other physical characteristics of the 13 Yo

There was a thread about some reality show person who posted a pic of her 13 yo daughter in a bikini on social media.

That picture was posted in the thread.
The OP, and a few others were making comments about the 13 yo’s breast size and other physical characteristics of the 13 Yo
Disgusting all around. Can't imagine commenting on the features of a 13 yr old nor can I imagine positing a pic of one in a bikini, regardless of circumstance.

Disgusting all around. Can't imagine commenting on the features of a 13 yr old nor can I imagine positing a pic of one in a bikini, regardless of circumstance.
To be clear, it was actually a thread about a minor reality show celebrity getting called out on social media because she was posting said pictures of her 13 year old daughter in a bikini at the beach on Instagram as part of a trip they took. We are a bunch of degenerates but have not quite yet sunk that low (yet).

To be clear, it was actually a thread about a minor reality show celebrity getting called out on social media because she was posting said pictures of her 13 year old daughter in a bikini at the beach on Instagram as part of a trip they took. We are a bunch of degenerates but have not quite yet sunk that low (yet).
OP and others also made comments about the breast size of the 13 year old, as well as other bodily features.

There are some that have indeed sunk that low

OP and others also made comments about the breast size of the 13 year old, as well as other bodily features.

I've spent decades volunteering with the Special Olympics and more recently Tim Tebow's Nite to Shine. (if you're not familiar with the latter, check it out. It's truly amazing). Watching the innocence and joy of those people is worth every moment. I liken them to spending time with kids. My only surviving aunt is 59, and she still believes in Santa. 😀 <-----such innocence.

People with disabilities have the same rights and responsibilities as people without disabilities.
Would you be a little more clear on what type of disabilities (physical or mental) then elaborate on the second highlight as it pertains to your response to the first?

Would you be a little more clear on what type of disabilities (physical or mental) then elaborate on the second highlight as it pertains to your response to the first?
I’m not looking for any type of debate on this subject. I have worked with people with all ranges of disabilities most of my life in education and vocational capacities. All I was saying with my comment is that anyone with any degree of disability is a human being that deserves all the rights and responsibilities that are given to all people, regardless of a disability or not. Is there a gray area within a responsibility? Of course there is. But we, the people without the disability, have the responsibility to take care of people who need help, guidance, and support.

I’m not looking for any type of debate on this subject. I have worked with people with all ranges of disabilities most of my life in education and vocational capacities. All I was saying with my comment is that anyone with any degree of disability is a human being that deserves all the rights and responsibilities that are given to all people, regardless of a disability or not. Is there a gray area within a responsibility? Of course there is. But we, the people without the disability, have the responsibility to take care of people who need help, guidance, and support.
It's a good discussion to have, for sure and I agree with your take. The responsibility portion is certainly the gray area, because my aunts certainly aren't able to care for themselves; pay bills, manage a bank account, etc. It would be like emancipating a 3rd grader.

The "rights" area is also a very gray area and one I've had to battle for decades with regards to my father. Any time he's off his meds and manic the "the patient has rights" arguments (and yes, it becomes an argument) plays a very significant role and always hinders me in getting him the care he needs.

As others have said mental health and our ability to do what's best for the disabled community is sadly lacking in this country.

Reactions: win4jj
Both my aunts are Intellectually Disabled which is the term that replaced Mental Retardation. My mom would get into fist fights at the bus stop back in the late 50s when people would say, "What's wrong with your stupid sister" or "What's wrong with your retard sister." She's 76 and I'm pretty certain she'd kick the OP's a$$ if she heard him say that.
You should post a pic of her hand so OP knows you’re serious.

No, it isn't. Anyone who's spent 10 seconds with that community understands the answer to a question that would never be asked by a normal person.
No, it's like @joelbc1 said... It really varies. Someone with down syndrome doesn't necessarily have severe intellectual disability, at least as far as I understand.

I'm not sure the exact range, but certainly they can go out and function in the world to some degree, hold certain jobs etc...

So given that, adjusting for their mental disability, can they hook up with otherwise underage teens? What does the law have to say? Or maybe it doesn't have anything to say.

No, it's like @joelbc1 said... It really varies. Someone with down syndrome doesn't necessarily have severe intellectual disability, at least as far as I understand.

I'm not sure the exact range, but certainly they can go out and function in the world to some degree, hold certain jobs etc...

So given that, adjusting for their mental disability, can they hook up with otherwise underage teens? What does the law have to say? Or maybe it doesn't have anything to say.
No. They can not hook up with under age teens.

People with disabilities have the same rights and responsibilities as people without disabilities.

If true, and I have no reason not to believe you, those people are disgusting ****ing pigs that should be ashamed of themselves. Wtaf.

No. They can not hook up with under age teens.

Could they really be charged though given their intellectual ability? I just don't see it if you had the intellectual ability of a 10 year old.

Or is it just their physical development that we care about?

My contention is what sort of deteriorated mental state does a person have to have, to even ponder that scenario. Never once have I looked at a intellectually disabled person and thought to myself "I wonder what their sex life is like."

Could they really be charged though given their intellectual ability? I just don't see it if you had the intellectual ability of a 10 year old.

Or is it just their physical development that we care about?
Is an 80 year old man with dementia considered retarded in this scenario?

Reactions: Colonoscopy
If true, and I have no reason not to believe you, those people are disgusting ****ing pigs that should be ashamed of themselves. Wtaf.
Read noclone's reply above.

This was the story and people weren't sexualizing her. Just a few purposely distasteful jokes - a point lost on some people.

Reactions: Masterprime
My contention is what sort of deteriorated mental state does a person have to have, to even ponder that scenario. Never once have I looked at a intellectually disabled person and thought to myself "I wonder what their sex life is like."
But that never happened. It was a strange age of consent law question that popped into my head for God knows what reason. Probably the deleted thread.

Answering it means trying to accurately assess the mental abilities of all participants, and I wondered if the law was even up to that.

Certainly you don't think the 30 year old down syndrome man in my hypothetical would be treated the same as his well developed counterpart in the same scenario?

Read noclone's reply above.

This was the story and people weren't sexualizing her. Just a few purposely distasteful jokes - a point lost on some people.

Yeah, commenting on the breast size and body of an underage teen is creepy

A point lost on sexual predators

My contention is what sort of deteriorated mental state does a person have to have, to even ponder that scenario. Never once have I looked at an intellectually disabled person and thought to myself "I wonder what their sex life is like."
They LIKE sex just as you and I do….be wary, “intellectually disabled” ARE a lot quicker than most folks want to give them credit for……Amd many of them become skilled manipulators are they age….You have to treat each person as an individual…..with all their differences an individual can have………

Both my aunts are Intellectually Disabled which is the term that replaced Mental Retardation. My mom would get into fist fights at the bus stop back in the late 50s when people would say, "What's wrong with your stupid sister" or "What's wrong with your retard sister." She's 76 and I'm pretty certain she'd kick the OP's a$$ if she heard him say that.
pic of 76 yr old mom?

pic of 76 yr old mom?
It Chapter 2 It2 GIF by IT Movie

They LIKE sex just as you and I do….be wary, “intellectually disabled” ARE a lot quicker than most folks want to give them credit for……Amd many of them become skilled manipulators are they age….You have to treat each person as an individual…..with all their differences an individual can have………
Im pretty sure a down syndrome guy tried to pick my wallet the other day. Definitely a wtf moment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT