ADVERTISEMENT

Does Biden Need to Drop Out of the Race?

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
The argument would be that the Senate Rs will call Biden to testify. He's already said he won't appear. But part of the case against Trump is that he is obstructing by refusing to let people appear, and not appearing himself.

So, on the one hand that could undermine the case against Trump and, on the other, it will be used against Biden if he's the nominee.

The argument would be that the Senate Rs will call Biden to testify. He's already said he won't appear. But part of the case against Trump is that he is obstructing by refusing to let people appear, and not appearing himself.

So, on the one hand that could undermine the case against Trump and, on the other, it will be used against Biden if he's the nominee.

Oh now you've done it. Hawk It Up will be here any minute.......

If I were Biden, I'd agree to testify. But only if Trump were to do the same. Otherwise, piss off Blanche.

Don't ask me, ask the OP. He posted it not me.
I'm just responding to reports that the Rs plan to call Biden.

I figure the Rs plan to ask whatever they want - relevant or not, honest or not - with the aim of muddying the waters and making Biden look tainted.

If Biden complies, his own speech style and tendencies to misspeak could really hurt him, in addition to the above 2 points.

But if Biden refuses, as he's said he will do, then the Rs will trot out the smears that he has something to hide. And a lot of Americans will buy that.

Either way, Biden is damaged goods. If the DNC and big-money donors install him as the nominee anyway, Trump has a weakened opponent in the general election.

I figure the Rs plan to ask whatever they want - relevant or not, honest or not - with the aim of muddying the waters and making Biden look tainted.

If Biden complies, his own speech style and tendencies to misspeak could really hurt him, in addition to the above 2 points.

But if Biden refuses, as he's said he will do, then the Rs will trot out the smears that he has something to hide. And a lot of Americans will buy that.

Either way, Biden is damaged goods. If the DNC and big-money donors install him as the nominee anyway, Trump has a weakened opponent in the general election.
What a crock of hooey. Don't give us your bullshit that you are just responding to reports that republicans are going to call him. You put right in the title the question of if he should drop out.

My suggestion to him would be to get angry and respond to their questions just like he did to that fat guy today. With anger and indignation.

I don't think they'll actually call him, or his son. As well, I don't know if Chief Justice Roberts can (or would) put a stop to it, but I'd hope he would.

republicans would be playing with fire if they try it, IMO. It would be easy to run ads saying that they want to protect a criminal, and vilify his political opponent. That would play well in most of the markets where republicans have been identified as in jeopardy. That's enough to flip the Senate.

Reactions: noleclone2

Your logic really doesn’t make any sense.

Fact witness?
To what? Nobody has ever produced a thing that looks like he went against US policy for personal gain. Nor has he been alleged to have committed, or suggested crimes be committed.

So, what would he be a fact witness to?

To what? Nobody has ever produced a thing that looks like he went against US policy for personal gain. Nor has he been alleged to have committed, or suggested crimes be committed.

So, what would he be a fact witness to?

He's a witness to lots of relevant facts, and those facts are apparently on Biden's side. Fact surrounding issues like:

-His reasons for insisting that the Ukrainian prosecutor be fired.
-Whether he played any role in getting his son the job which clearly looks like a conflict of interest.
-Whether he and his son discussed Ukraine in the context of him getting the job.

You don't have to be guilty of a crime to be a fact witness, and then when you testify under oath about those facts, they are even more likely to be truths because you are sticking your neck out.

He's a witness to lots of relevant facts, and those facts are apparently on Biden's side. Fact surrounding issues like:

-His reasons for insisting that the Ukrainian prosecutor be fired.
-Whether he played any role in getting his son the job which clearly looks like a conflict of interest.
-Whether he and his son discussed Ukraine in the context of him getting the job.

You don't have to be guilty of a crime to be a fact witness, and then when you testify under oath about those facts, they are even more likely to be truths because you are sticking your neck out.
Now, you know well enough that those aren't the "facts" that Blanche will use. Or Cotton, or Ernst, or Cornyn, or Ron Johnson, or Mike Lee. They'll all do Trump's bidding.

Although, I'd sure like to see Blanche squirm while Biden stares him down during questioning.

Reactions: MplsHawk
I want Biden and Trump to testify side by side, and, if possible, bring in Hillary, too, for the occasion. Rudy G. to even it out. Make them have a karaoke contest, too.

And I want to watch it with @Herkmeister.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Oh, you just felt the need to drop my name for some stalker type reason. I see.

Buddy....it's no biggie. You're the biggest Biden fan on the board as far as I can tell. I was just flipping you some shit.

MAN.....this board is highly sensitive lately.

And no, he shouldn't drop out. Feel better?

Buddy....it's no biggie. You're the biggest Biden fan on the board as far as I can tell. I was just flipping you some shit.

MAN.....this board is highly sensitive lately.

And no, he shouldn't drop out. Feel better?
Sorry. It's just the idiocy is coming from all sides, and I haven't been back long enough to remember who the good posters were. I'll get there.

Reactions: noleclone2
Now, you know well enough that those aren't the "facts" that Blanche will use. Or Cotton, or Ernst, or Cornyn, or Ron Johnson, or Mike Lee. They'll all do Trump's bidding.

Although, I'd sure like to see Blanche squirm while Biden stares him down during questioning.

I'm just stirring the pot and playing devils advocate for shits and giggles.

Reactions: Hawk It Up
They all should until we can find one that passes the "I'm too good for a party" purity tests.

Bull.

There are literally no undecideds with Trump. I would vote for many inanimate objects...or Professor Irwin Corey.

Reactions: mnHawk8
Rs need to call Bolton, Mulvaney and Giuliani and Mccann and a couple others before Joe, who has absolutely nothing to do with trump asking a foreign country to manufacture lies on a political foe.

Rs need to call Bolton, Mulvaney and Giuliani and Mccann and a couple others before Joe, who has absolutely nothing to do with trump asking a foreign country to manufacture lies on a political foe.
Just who CAN they call that Dems can't squeeze?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT