ADVERTISEMENT

Does Iowa have an identity

pondscum

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jun 18, 2011
When you think of other schools some have a known Identity. Let's take Wisconsin, huge O linemen, great RBs, solid D, and primarily a running O. When I think of Iowa, I think of Tightend U but after that, I struggle. Strech play U, Tall statue QB's I'm not trying to tear us down just saying when other fans think of us other than Tightend U, I think we don't have anything they would think of

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
extreme complementary fb: average play by all units + no repeat screw-ups by any unit= 90% win rate.
but
any one of them has a bad day = 0% win rate

Identity? Just put a lot of linemen in the NFL, both sides of the ball and great TE. A lot of millionaires and a top 5 college that has players in the NFL. What other schools do this beside Alabama and Ohio State?

We don’t and that is part of the problem if you call what we have as a problem. It used to be toughness, physical play,,,,,but we have definitely loss that identity- losing Doyle hasn’t helped that
the jury is still out on Barthwaite—

Team built on D.
Offense is adynamic and limited. Great TEs and individual O-linemen.
This whole statement is so spot on but especially the underlined part.

I think the biggest difference between Iowa and Wisconsin is they consistently put out better OL’s than Iowa does.

Reactions: kcgolfer
Individual O-linemen and TE's to the Nfl. Statue QB's and wide receivers/ running backs that usually don't make the nfl. As of last year - coaching staff that doesn't understand the African American's syle of them wanting to be themselves , per current law suite.

quote-you-are-what-your-record-says-you-are-bill-parcells-71-19-15.jpg

Reactions: pondscum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT