ADVERTISEMENT

Down Goes Brooks!

ISU like it or not is building a program. Several tough young wrestlers and recruting is good.
Coaches are making them believers. . Good for them.
Good for the state of Iowa too.
Live look in at @MitchLL reading your post:
200w.gif

I haven't seen the entire meet, but some of those scores are a bit scary as their two killer freshmen kept it pretty close in their matches. If Van Ness and Facundo get that good (tournament good) that quick the rest of us are in big trouble if we don't have some studs up for the challenge.
We're in big trouble without anything changing.

Give ISU credit. They are going after people they way wrestlers use to and they way it should be. They are not looking at rankings, titles, past results etc....

It has been said a million times and it is no easy task, but you have to open up and wrestle "loose" to wrestle at your best. This is one of the things I have not seen from the HAWKS in a while.

Upsets happen all the time. We need to get back to the way it use to be and be the guys getting them!

Give ISU credit. They are going after people they way wrestlers use to and they way it should be. They are not looking at rankings, titles, past results etc....

It has been said a million times and it is no easy task, but you have to open up and wrestle "loose" to wrestle at your best. This is one of the things I have not seen from the HAWKS in a while.

Upsets happen all the time. We need to get back to the way it use to be and be the guys getting them!

I thought ISU competed well as they did vs us. Coleman bounced back big after losing vs Oregon State. I don't think he beats Brooks ever without that 6 point move but give him credit for having the skill set and athletic ability to hit it and pull out the match. Aside from Siebrecht currently and previously Kem at times and Eierman our guys are just plain not "dangerous" enough to hit a move like that. If we don't win the TD battle we don't win the match.

This is what we need to beat PSU. We need other schools to help knock off their top guns. It just simply doesn’t happen come March unfortunately.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
AB is all class. Hard guy to root against, and the only reason to do so is because he wrestles for the enemy.
That and maybe because Mr. Brooks essentially wanted Nelson Brands put in prison for allegedly "biting and scratching" his son!

With that said, I do agree that Aaron himself, has presented himself very well both on and off the mat.

I

It was before those two took the mat.. PSU is a better team from 149 thru 165 than they were last year. They have 4 returning champs and Kerk. The two you're laughing at will win their 3rd titles this year.

Hope I was specific enough for you...
And yet Iowa is arguably better at all three of those weights

AB is all class. Hard guy to root against, and the only reason to do so is because he wrestles for the enemy.
As my son would say, I root for ISIS before Penn State - but Brooks is one I have no problem with. Seems like a genuine good dude.

Reactions: sstark46
I won't hold the "sins of the father" against AB
That is a very hard thing to do in this sport. The more exposure you get to the wrestlers, especially when they are younger, the more influence a ton of the parents have over you, right or wrong.

Reactions: el dub

Nailed it

Iowa needs to hire them a Bonnie Epstein.

She was one of Caels first hires.

I guess a good thread to ask this question. Is that true what Pat Mineo reported today? Nate Jesuroga quit wrestling completely? I hope this is not true, but figured this would be the place to ask

Disagree however last season Iowa was better at those 3 weights as well. If they are, you should feel good about that...
We did but with Spencer having two torn ACLs, Ayala having one shoulder, Eireman’s torn ACL, Kemerer having one shoulder, and Cassioppi’s tweaked knee. It just wasn’t in the cards to repeat.

Reactions: Gobblin

this

Like I said earlier in the thread, I won't hold Mr. Brooks' douchebaggery against AB.

AB has never made any false accusations himself, or done anything at all to make me believe he's anything less than a standup guy
Only one time I can recall him even seeming remotely douchey was when he got beaten 6-0 or whatever it was against zahid. He got chippy but I chalked it up to his youth and not being used to taking beatings before. He got a pass from from me on that one as it wasn’t even all that bad anyway. He seems like all class IMO. The exact opposite of stallrocci. I hate everything about that guy. If AB wins four titles, I’m fine with it. Great wrestler, great attitude. I’ll will be rooting against sharter every time he takes the mat, though. I’d like him to not get 4 or 5 or whatever he’s eligible for.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
That and maybe because Mr. Brooks essentially wanted Nelson Brands put in prison for allegedly "biting and scratching" his son!

With that said, I do agree that Aaron himself, has presented himself very well both on and off the mat.
So, just for the record, were you supportive of Brands biting and scratching Brooks? Or were you against Brands biting and scratching Brooks?

Last edited:
So, just for the record, were you supportive of Brands biting and scratching Brooks? Or were you against Brands biting and scratching Brooks?
Probably will answer after you let us know if you stopped beating up your kids and hitting your dog. Pretty simple when did you stop beating your kids and your dog?

Reactions: el dub
Probably will answer after you let us know if you stopped beating up your kids and hitting your dog. Pretty simple when did you stop beating your kids and your dog?

Never started. What Brands did isn’t up for debate, we know it happened, everyone watched it on live national TV. This is silly.

(for future reference, the correct line is simply “when did you stop beating your wife?” Brevity is the soul of wit).

Last edited:
Coleman wrestled one hell of a match...reminded me of Magic Man vs Bubba.

They'll meet again in March and Brooks is different in March

Reactions: sdvike
Never started. What Brands did isn’t up for debate, we know it happened, everyone watched it on live national TV. This is silly.

(for future reference, the correct line is simply “when did you stop beating your wife?” Brevity is the soul of wit).

You're an idiot. How's that for brevity?

Not what I saw at all, and I watched it multiple times.

ADVERTISEMENT